Author Topic: This Says It All ....  (Read 513 times)

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
This Says It All ....
« on: February 13, 2006, 10:45:45 AM »
This "Letter of Apology" was written by Lieutenant General Chuck Pitman, US Marine Corps, Retired:
       For good and ill, the Iraqi prisoner abuse mess will remain an issue. On the one hand, right thinking Americans will abhor the stupidity of the actions while on the other hand, political glee will take control and fashion this minor event into some modern day massacre.

I humbly offer my opinion here:

I am sorry that the last seven times we Americans took up arms and sacrificed the blood of our youth, it was in the defense of Muslims (Bosnia , Kosovo, Gulf War 1, Kuwait , etc.).

I am sorry that no such call for an apology upon the extremists came after 9/11.

I am sorry that all of the murderers on 9/11 were Islamic Arabs.

I am sorry that most Arabs and Muslims have to live in squalor under savage dictatorships.

I am sorry that their leaders squander their wealth.

I am sorry that their governments breed hate for the US in their religious schools, mosques, and government-controlled media.

I am sorry that Yassar Arafat was kicked out of every Arab country and high-jacked the Palestinian "cause."

I am sorry that no other Arab country will take in or offer more than a token amount of financial help to those same Palestinians.

I am sorry that the USA has to step in and be the biggest financial supporter of poverty stricken Arabs while the insanely wealthy Arabs blame the USA for all their problems.

I am sorry that our own left wing, our media, and our own brainwashed masses do not understand any of this (from the misleading vocal elements of our society like radical professors, CNN and the NY TIMES).

I am sorry the United Nations scammed the poor people of Iraq out of the "food for oil" money so they could get rich while the common folk suffered.

I am sorry that some Arab governments pay the families of homicide bombers upon their death.

I am sorry that those same bombers are brainwashed thinking they will receive 72 virgins in "paradise."

I am sorry that the homicide bombers think pregnant women, babies, children, the elderly and other noncombatant civilians are legitimate targets.

I am sorry that our troops die to free more Arabs from the gang rape rooms and the filling of mass graves of dissidents of their own making.

I am sorry that Muslim extremists have killed more Arabs than any other group.

I am sorry that foreign trained terrorists are trying to seize control of Iraq and return it to a terrorist state.

I am sorry we don't drop a few dozen Daisy cutters on Fallujah.

I am sorry every time terrorists hide they find a convenient "Holy Site."

I am sorry they didn't apologize for driving a jet into the World Trade Center that collapsed and severely damaged Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church - one of our Holy Sites.

I am sorry they didn't apologize for flight 93 and 175, the USS Cole, the embassy bombings, the murders and beheadings of Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl, etc....etc!

I am sorry Michael Moore is American; he could feed a medium sized village in Africa .

America will get past this latest absurdity. We will punish those responsible because that is what we do.   !

We hang out our dirty laundry for the entire world to see. We move on. That's one of the reasons we are hated so much. We don't hide this stuff like all those Arab countries that are now demanding an apology.

Deep down inside, when most Americans saw this reported in the news, we were like - so what? We lost hundreds and made fun of a few prisoners. Sure, it was wrong, sure, it dramatically hurts our cause, but until captured we were trying to kill these same prisoners. Now we're supposed to wring our hands because a few were humiliated?

Our compassion is tempered with the vivid memories of our own people killed, mutilated and burnt amongst a joyous crowd of celebrating Fallujahans.

If you want an apology from this American, you're going to have a long wait!    You have a better chance of finding those seventy-two virgins.

Chuck Pitman

Lieutenant General, USMC

:aok  CHECKERS....
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
This Says It All ....
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 10:54:46 AM »
:):aok

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
This Says It All ....
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 10:55:25 AM »
I am sorry but this is nothing but a bunch of Bravo Sierra.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/pitman.asp
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
This Says It All ....
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 10:58:44 AM »
Here's the original posted by Adams, and the message is pretty much still there, and I tend to agree with it:
http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/mikeadams/2004/06/14/12021.html

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
This Says It All ....
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 10:59:03 AM »
Uh.  No chickenhawk.  Everything in that letter is true.

The only false thing about it was that it wasn't written by Chuck Pittman.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
This Says It All ....
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 11:07:16 AM »
amen   :aok

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
This Says It All ....
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 11:24:18 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Uh.  No chickenhawk.  Everything in that letter is true.

The only false thing about it was that it wasn't written by Chuck Pittman.

You may agree with everything in that letter but there are a lot more things wrong with it than it having a different author than Pittman.  There are numerous changes from the original but that's all beside the point.

My reason for posting the Snopes link was to show what 30 seconds of research could produce.  If your going to post something like this the least you could do is take a half minute and find out if it's authentic.  It took me less than a minute to find out who the real author was and I'm sure it didn't take Rip any longer to find it either.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
This Says It All ....
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 11:49:05 AM »
Originally posted by ChickenHawk
You may agree with everything in that letter but there are a lot more things wrong with it than it having a different author than Pittman.  There are numerous changes from the original but that's all beside the point.

My reason for posting the Snopes link was to show what 30 seconds of research could produce.  If your going to post something like this the least you could do is take a half minute and find out if it's authentic.  It took me less than a minute to find out who the real author was and I'm sure it didn't take Rip any longer to find it either.

chicken hawk......Yep you seem to have the corrected information ,
 guess the so-called rumor mill maybe the best of resorces ...... (for some people ) sure did in this instance .....

Either way,  as far as I'm concerned, I agree with the content completely !

Regards ....
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
This Says It All ....
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 11:53:07 AM »
It may not be true, but if it feels true.......

hehe

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
This Says It All ....
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 01:36:20 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Here's the original posted by Adams, and the message is pretty much still there, and I tend to agree with it:
http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/mikeadams/2004/06/14/12021.html

Never heard of the guy before. I don't agree with much of what he says, but he is entertaining to read.
sand

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
This Says It All ....
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 01:51:28 PM »
I find it hard to disagree with ANY of the letter.  I do think there's one inaccuracy, there where a few mulsim groups who appologized for 9/11 on behalf of muslims.

storch

This Says It All ....
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 03:29:09 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
it must be darwin's theory of evolution

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
This Says It All ....
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 03:31:46 PM »
Originally posted by storch
it must be darwin's theory of evolution

sand

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
This Says It All ....
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 06:50:14 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

hehe

Then it will be the leading story or headline.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
This Says It All ....
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 06:55:10 PM »
Originally posted by ChickenHawk
I am sorry but this is nothing but a bunch of Bravo Sierra.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/pitman.asp

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!