Author Topic: Folks....is this a Ho??  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 10:31:33 AM »
It was High deflection shot to the front left quarter,most people complain  that these type shots are ho's but there not.As you were on the descending plane he had approximately 74mph of forwrd air speed,which is not enought to lift the nose to get a firing solution.As to FX1's coment that had you missed the shot you were dead,that isnt the case at all.You would have had more E ,if only enough to allow vertical escape because his nose and left wing were stalling just as you fired. ELEVENK is a fair hand in the 109's but he got beat by a fair kill.

On a different note ,I always thought that it's a HO only if both planes have a firing solution,or prop to prop so to speak.While both planes can fire at each other, if one plane is off angle just enough to escape the being hit while at the same time hitting the opposing a/c,this doesnt mean it was a ho.IMHO 109/yaks/la7/la5 are some of the best off angle snapshot planes in the game.
I primarily fly the 109g2 as my main ride and find that most shots are snapshots.
Some people complain of the ho while most just reup to come back and kill me.

I have noticed that as people get better in the game they tend to comlpain more of ho's and rams and so on,those who are very accomplished seem just to whimper alittle then go on,if they say anything at all.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 10:43:43 AM »
That situation looks awfully familiar....

Probably because EVERY high-deflection front-quarter shot hits me regardless of E-state, position, deflection-angle, etc. I think it's that big-ass engine on my Corsair sucking up bullets and cannon shells like a freakin' vacuum. :p
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 10:49:06 AM »
Even if it was a HO what does it matter, he dies you live. What else is there. :aok
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 11:02:40 AM »
".is this a Ho??"

Would it have worked in AW?  If "no" then it is clearly a HO. If the answer is "yes" then it's a valid shot ;)

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 11:48:28 AM »
Eleven pulled away from the HO setting up the next shot. I do it all the time and Eleven is a better stick than i am. I need to look at the film once more.. You take a chance of a hard deflection shot but he has overshot and the table has turned. NB did good with alt and speed with someone that dosent make a mistake much.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 11:51:49 AM »
Anyone who would say this was a H.O. shot after seeing the stills above doesn't know the difference between deflection & head on. However.....in the heat of the moment it is perfectly logical that someone would feel this was a H.O. What I don't understand is peoples crying about being H.O.'d The only part of it that bothers me is hearing guys complain about the tactic & doing it themselves. I was in a fight last night & it had fairly close #'s within one or two anyway; I was in a Hurri IIC & most of the red guys were in IL-2's or LA-7's with a few Spit-XVI's thrown in for good measure. I got H.O.'d by the LA's & the IL's & the Spit's. I have no problem with them doing it at all....I reciprocated with 20mm of my own but came out on the smoldering wreckage end almost everytime ( allthough I DID out-turn a Spit16 in one engagement which made me really happy because I stink as a fighter pilot ). LTARReal was one of the guys in the IL-2's & he got me from the nose some & he out-turned me some, no one came on 200 & bawled about any of it & that's the sort of fight I like! I could have tried to avoid the H.O. in nearly every instance ( I try hard to when it's an IL-2 coming at me! ) but it's a game...not real life & I can snap out a quick "nice shot bro " Then go up another identical plane  - no hard feelings - no plasma - no western union message to my wife.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 12:38:13 PM »
I'd have to see the film.  Many times will I point my nose at them for a split second and then move away to give them a high deflection shot, hopeing that I get the overshoot right afterwards.

But lately, I've been thinking about firing on the HO first if I was the one with the gun solution first.

Many times will a spitfire be in front of me at 600 and then do a hard turn only to come head on to me.  If I avoid, I will most likely die within 3 turns or less.

Just getting tired of people forcing a head on when they do a reversal.
Spitdweebs.  
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 04:47:38 PM »
Nope, not a HO

But...you were flying an La7, therefore I must rule against you  :D

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 05:07:35 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Nope, not a HO

But...you were flying an La7, therefore I must rule against you  :D

La7??? I don't fly no steenkin' La7!!!

(pssssst....was a yak) :)

I chopped throttle and hit the rudder on the 2nd pass to lose some E. The idea was to not let him dive away. This was to prevent getting into a "rinse & repeat" cycle (boring). I was a tad surprised when he was aggressive enough to come up after me and was sayin "RUT ROH" when I saw that it could end in a headon situation. When I saw him fall away to the left, it became "COD...now don't screw it up!!". While I wasn't dead if I didn't get him, I would have played all of my aces.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2006, 05:13:37 PM »
Dont get me wrong but i would have taken the shot in main.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2006, 05:15:25 PM »
He sure pegged the whine-o-meter about it on Ch 200.

Looks clean to me; not that there's anyting wrong with a HO if it's your best option at the time.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 06:20:54 PM »
I get this whine a lot espicially when i hit someone with a lead shot and the start out under my nose. I simply tell them "Just because you were looking forward up (in this case, probably forward up right) and saw me shoot at you, doesn't mean we were HO!" Usually get no response hehehe.
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 06:58:52 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
La7??? I don't fly no steenkin' La7!!!

(pssssst....was a yak) :)

Ha!  My bad, I only glanced at the first pic...you're right, Im wrong.  I apologize  ;)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2006, 09:43:41 PM »
I will ho every last one of ya:t

nice shot btw

Offline HardRock

• Zinc Member
Folks....is this a Ho??
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 10:20:44 AM »
HO from Nobaddy?

I dunno...I's ask to see his badge myself.