Author Topic: Pics, good ONES!  (Read 2024 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pics, good ONES!
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2006, 03:13:04 AM »
just saying that aces high looks just as good.

why do you look at each of the 19 threads?
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Pics, good ONES!
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2006, 04:41:32 AM »
Originally posted by Treize69

Lock On: Modern Air Combat (usually called LOMAC). Made by the creators of the Il2 series

It was published by Ubisoft, but it wasn't made by Maddox game. It's made by "Flanker" creators.

In single player, it's a good game, the only thing I really hate is the views system... it got better with Flaming cliffs, but I don't like it yet. And, Batfink, sorry, but I think AH graphics it's still a step behind.

I didn't try it yet online, I'm still in the learning phase :p

Morpheus, I love the 'Cat, but I think it's not the sexiest plane ever created... look at the Flanker.... AWESOME!
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pics, good ONES!
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2006, 05:20:22 AM »
still, worth a try :D
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Pics, good ONES!
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2006, 05:32:22 AM »
i think i'd agree with lupo here, AH graphics are very dated compared to many other games

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Pics, good ONES!
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2006, 05:51:33 AM »
Originally posted by Batfink

still, worth a try :D

That Aces High game??? Naaaaah! It sucks! :D

Poo, maybe not "very" dated, but it's surely not on the top of the list. Anyway, I don't think it matters a lot, the game is good beyond it's graphics, that's not what I'm playing it for! It just bugs me a little when I compare AH screenshots/movies with other sims ss/movies.

Offline Bogie603rd

• Silver Member
      • http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
Pics, good ONES!
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2006, 09:17:19 AM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
I didn't try it yet online, I'm still in the learning phase :p
[/B]

Well, as long as you get somewhere. When I tried using the "demo version". I cant even fire a missile or drop a bomb. Read the **** "readme.txt" file. But still can't get a missile to lock on to a target or get a bomb to release.... BORING:mad: :furious
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare:
http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
Join our TeamSpeak server, Click Here.

New forum ID: Denholm

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Pics, good ONES!
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2006, 10:56:32 AM »
Lol, Bogie. It has a steep curve, you have to learn avionics if you want to fly those planes at best. However, the full game has tutorial tracks that help you to learn the controls... Buy it, it shouldn't be that expensive, now. And remember, in any modern era (60s to today) flight sim you'll have to learn avionics.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Pics, good ONES!
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2006, 11:02:24 AM »
Originally posted by Bogie603rd
Well, as long as you get somewhere. When I tried using the "demo version". I cant even fire a missile or drop a bomb. Read the **** "readme.txt" file. But still can't get a missile to lock on to a target or get a bomb to release.... BORING:mad: :furious

Maybe because you need to lock on to a target before you can fire a missile in the demo. Or you need to hit alt-w for weapons release override in the commie planes... that will let you fire missiles and drop the commie bombs without locking up a target. RTFM. :) Or buy the full game and do the training.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Pics, good ONES!
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2006, 11:05:41 AM »
In single player, it's a good game, the only thing I really hate is the views system... it got better with Flaming cliffs, but I don't like it yet. And, Batfink, sorry, but I think AH graphics it's still a step behind.

TrackIR is a must in Lock On.

Oh, and nothing is better looking than a tomcat.

http://www.patricksaviation.com/sim_videos.php?action=view&id=66
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 11:11:19 AM by Morpheus »

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Pics, good ONES!
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2006, 02:00:16 PM »
Yep, I'm becoming aware I need Track IR.... too expensive, right now... I just bought an X 52 (and I had to send it back, sigh!). I think I'll wait till I have enough money to buy 3D visor. :D

Btw, Patrick's site is great, but it lacks one thing: Aces High. Don't you think we should add it in the flight sim section? You have a lot of movie you can upload there, why don't you do so? :)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Pics, good ONES!
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2006, 07:24:43 PM »
Because those movies, ones like from Glowing_Amram make mine look like a 10 yr old did them. They're on another level. And alot of it has to do with the limitations set for AH film makers by the film viewer itself. Its a piece of crap when it comes to making films... Its great for gaining data on a fight but it's greatness ends there.  No Ah film will ever come out like an IL2 FB film. Ever. Not with the film viewer we have to work with. The film viewer for IL2 is sick as hell. And Lockon's is just as nice.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 07:26:52 PM by Morpheus »

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Pics, good ONES!
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2006, 02:40:08 AM »
Sadly true, Morpheus. I'd like to try some moviemaking in AH, but that Film viewer holds me from doing so. Will we ever have a new one? It's been asked many times.... :(