Author Topic: Setup for Sunday Feb. 19th - Karelia RPS  (Read 2854 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Setup for Sunday Feb. 19th - Karelia RPS
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2006, 01:39:32 PM »
I was in a p40b lastnight and killed a 109. I started flying home as I was way south near his base. I saw him reup and the base was dissappearing from view. I was in a slow climb heading north and had dot vis on him the whole time.

The dot kept coming..closer..higher. I decided to turn back on him before he got much higher. I had only gotten 1/2 way home, and the 109 is 3.0 away, and only about 2k under me. I dove down on him...he climbed up at me...from my dive, and the speed it gave me...he passes by firing and continues to climb. I had all I could do to follow him up and avoid another HO in the process.

I see plenty of p40s in use. So having the hurri2 in there doesnt seem that big a deal to me. The 109 certainly is much more plane than the P40B.

The FM2...well...its a little more plane than the rest of them in my opinion. Its hard to sub, and stay in the bounds of fairness. The goods news is, as more planes come available, the sides will take turns at having the advantage throughout the campaign.

~AoM~

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2006, 04:05:27 PM »
Don't confuse storch with the facts, his mind is made up.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2006, 05:09:54 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Or are you saying HTC porked their own charts as part of the anti-LW conspiracy?
:noid

Offline gear

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2006, 06:20:06 PM »
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good Gewuztraminer or Moselle.

Watch out!!!!
posting facts may get you band from the BBS:D
After all look what happen to crump:rolleyes:

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2006, 06:46:19 PM »
P.S., a whopping 10mph difference (109E vs Hurr2C) means squat, especially if the Hurr2 has so much as a 100 foot advantage it can gain that much speed, and HOLD IT (ridiculously, for a very long time before it starts to slow down). The 109E, rather, has been noted to be draggier than before 2.6, as they no longer need to use rudder to slow down when landing, they just instantly slow down on their own. So while the Hurr2C gains and keeps speed for ages, the 109E loses it very rapidly.

Plus, the last time I was on, 12+ Hurr2Cs were ganging 2 110cs (I was one) and they all had 7k alt over us, so 15mph difference in speed means jack in most cases :P

storch

« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2006, 07:05:37 PM »
I welcome all you doubters to spend one night in the 110 or the 109 vs ther hurricaneIIc then post your opinions and observations.  i doubt any of you will and if you did you wouldn't last seconds into your first encounter.  the hurriIIc retains E forever and it shouldn't.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2006, 07:11:45 PM »
So you both are saying the 109 cannot catch a Hurri on the deck and a 110 can barely catch it?

You're saying HTC's charts are wrong?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2006, 07:16:59 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I welcome all you doubters to spend one night in the 110 or the 109 vs ther hurricaneIIc then post your opinions and observations.  i doubt any of you will and if you did you wouldn't last seconds into your first encounter.  the hurriIIc retains E forever and it shouldn't.

I have. I dont agree.

storch

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2006, 07:17:27 PM »
So you both are saying the 109 cannot catch a Hurri on the deck and a 110 can barely catch it?

You're saying HTC's charts are wrong?
I couldn't catch any running hurricanes with a 109 and could barely catch them with a 110 yes.  I don't know if i can run from them because I haven't tried but I can't outclimb them to set up a rope unless I have a significant alt advantage.  even then they can easily nail you out to 800-1000 with the hissos so what's the point?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2006, 07:31:36 PM »
The point is your basic assumption is incorrect.

Given a roughly equal E state when starting the race, both German planes are faster on the deck than the Hurricane.

Now, should the E situation be different, like the Hurri just dove and is carrying E, it would seem like you "can't catch" a Hurri.

But, as I said, given a generally equal E state, a Hurri will neither outrun nor out accelerate a 109 or 110.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2006, 08:07:57 PM »
Am I the only one to find humor in this?

The Hurri I eats the Hurri II for lunch.  Not even much of a contest, so long as you're clever enough to stay out of the way of the hizookas.  Anyone who is plagued by Hurri IIs, grab a Hurri I in response.  Or an FM2, for pete's sake, if you can't get kills in an FM2 you should be flying a spitfire in the MA.

If you think the FM2 is not terribly close to the Brewster Buffalo, you have at least one person in agreement.  However, it's tradition in FinnRus, and it tends to work out well over time.  Grab a Hurri II and head-on the FM2s until they stop bothering you.

Any Virtual Real Man should be trying a P40B, which is, without question, the lamest airplane HTC has yet invented.  Wasn't there a contest about these awhile back?  No P-40B aces to help out here?

And remember:  all this changes soon.

- oldman

storch

« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2006, 11:26:22 PM »
have you tried it yet toad?

Offline bcee

• Copper Member
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2006, 11:47:58 PM »
oldmans right about the hurri I ...altho i didn`t eat any lunch i found it much more enjoyable against  the hurri II...

storch

« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2006, 11:57:42 PM »
he sure is correct but I don't want to spend the entire week in a hurri v hurri fight which is about where this will be at until the 109G2/G6 arrive.  at that point the hurriIIc won't matter but it will be in the set up every day of the whole month giving the allieds the best turning and fastest aircraft all the way through.

Offline bcee

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2006, 12:01:46 AM »
True, if more pple figure that out..