Author Topic: Setup for Sunday Feb. 19th - Karelia RPS  (Read 2841 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Setup for Sunday Feb. 19th - Karelia RPS
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2006, 03:30:08 AM »
Originally posted by storch
the hurriIIc won't matter but it will be in the set up every day of the whole month giving the allieds the best turning and fastest aircraft all the way through.

This is the kind of BS statement that goes well with Moselle.

It's been proven wrong, yet you persist.

No, I didn't get any gaming time last night. RL pretty much pwns me right now. Maybe tonight.

Nonetheless and nonethemore, the Hurri IIC is NOT, repeat, NOT the "fastest aircraft".

Enjoy your moselle.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2006, 07:38:21 AM »
FM-2 isn't close to a Brewster. Nor is a Hurricane IIC close to the Hurricane IIB's which the finns faced. I truly hope people here can figure out the difference between 12x.303s or 2xberezins/2xShwaks and 4 Hispanos.

Also, at least in the lower alts Brewsters were actually faster than the Hurricane Mk.II which surface quality deteoriated rather quickly in harsh front conditions. Brewsters' manufacture quality was (considering the Corsair-epsode) surprisingly good and they retained their performance very well. Granted, in the Lappland War which was fought against the germans during the spring of '45 they started to be worn out after close to FOUR years of combat flying and 1 year of peace time service. Few of them even served couple years after the war.

I don't think FM-2 is a good sub for the Brewster. I also do think that when the plane set just isn't there an RPS might not be such a good idea. But whining about the horrible unjustice which the FM-2 supposedly represents almost leaves me speechless. FM-2/Hurri2C is a very close match up.

It would be awesome to have a real Brewster in the game with Ratas and Tchaikas to fly against. Just the maneuverability of those planes would send the fan factor through the roof!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 08:04:48 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline gear

• Silver Member
MOTD
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2006, 06:24:43 PM »
The MOTD states the down time is 60 min. for field objects including AAA.
The AAA is down way less then that.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 06:28:57 PM by gear »

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2006, 07:42:13 PM »
Probably because strat is on. I'll fix that. :)
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech