Author Topic: Wind  (Read 437 times)

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Wind
« on: February 16, 2006, 12:11:30 AM »
About wind I know we have it but is it ever on in the MA? Imagine landing on a cv with 30mph ofr crosswind or even landing bombers on a runway.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Wind
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 01:23:17 AM »
maybe in combat tour, not in ma tho, imagine the newb bomber whines!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Wind
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 01:34:54 AM »
We used to have wind, many moons ago. It might have been back in AH1.
The thing with wind was, it wasn't dynamic. It could be set by layer, and speed, and direction, but I don't think it ever changed. So, Country X would be zipping along with a nice tail wind, while Country Y had to fly into headwinds all night. It also made for some nice scenic routes when you'd forget about the 20mph crosswind, go AFK on auto and come back 20 miles off course.

I suppose if it were random and varied over time and across the map, it'd be more of an immersive feature, whereas it was mostly just a pita in AH1.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Wind
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 09:51:31 AM »
It doesn't even have to be a heavy. European Air War had a very mild, 1-5mph wind which was still just enough to have a noticeable affect on flight and gunnery.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
Wind
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 10:47:26 PM »
um, would be cool except.... CVs go into the wind launch/recovery, so would never be a Xwind on cv. Rest be good though. :confused:
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Wind
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 11:30:13 PM »
but would our "expierienced" CV drivers notice the uber Wind??? I belive it is a must have!!!!!

Edit: Like night time!!!!
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Wind
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 12:55:30 AM »
dynamic wind would be great, not sure how hard it is to do, maybe in ct it will be  integrated in such a way that it makes the game play better since game play modifications will have to be more subtle in a realistic arena. Wind really makes for a good "feel", and it would really help for getting rid of the flying on rails feel some planes have, gusts would really make a difference. Cross winds would be very cool durring a dogfight to spice things up.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Wind
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 10:46:13 AM »
Back in AH1 the wind was only above 15.5k. And it only blew East to West I believe.

I have a hard enough time trying to land a fighter on a cv. Let alone with wind and some guy making it do circles. Although I can land any bomber on a cv real easy, I can rarely land a fighter on it.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Wind
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 10:51:26 AM »
judging by how our cloud patterns work (refresh/load/whatever) i imagine dynamic wind and weather are far from a likelyhood.

before wind we need a decent sunset/sunrise.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]