Author Topic: 8 user limit on H2H  (Read 1802 times)

HaHa

8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2000, 02:54:00 PM »
Pretty much that's what I meant. Furthermore, with larger H2H servers you get more publicity. IMAGINE if HTC allowed paying users to run any sized server? People could crank up some huge servers running special terrain, special "missions" and other scripting functions.

Essentially larger H2Hs (for paying customers) would give AH what it desparately needs, more variety. Without requiring any of the HTC to do anything other than increasing the H2H limit for paying users.

Offline Rooster

• Copper Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2000, 03:31:00 PM »
I am sure HTC would allow H2H servers that would allow as many players you want, send a cashiers cheque to them for $10,000,000 USD

bet you get your wish  

Ice

8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2000, 04:22:00 PM »
Well, to all the HTH guys, I have this to say....

HTH is what it is and will never be what LePaul wants it to be.

Sorry Lepaul...perhaps one of the box sims would work out better for those times your connect is porked? Hmmm...never been called a pompous bellybutton before.

Ice

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2000, 04:48:00 PM »
Hehehheheheee..

H2H is to the MA what methadone is for a heroin addict.

Aside from Lepauls comments, and let me emphasise that I mean this good-naturedly..

PAY UP U BUMS!

Yes, some fly H2H to 'check it out'. Some are 'legit'; workin on new scenario maps, or just want a clean duel enviornment, or a break from MA madness. These guys arn't making any negative statements about HTC's H2H 'free' policy, and they regard the feature as part of the benefits of play fer pay.

Others fly it because they got bent over the pricing test awile back; or got their nads in an uproar over percieved 'negitivity' or whatever. Still others are flying H2H because they love to fly but see a cheap way to beat the system, and are too lazy to contiously scrub the sim from the registry every two weeks and re-register fer another free ride.

Sure.. flame me. I don't give a damn. I paid; have paid, woulda paid sooner if they asked for it and intend to pay in the future. I ain't a cuddlinghunk.. but I do understand the value of work; have a work ethic, and realize that value is the price an object will bring. I value this sim. I wanna see it succeed and grow, garner a larger player base and establish a HA. To do that we need more paying customers.. not more fediddlein freeloaders.

So; IMHO, unless yer payin (like lePaul) don't stick yer paw out to ask for more for free. Take whut they done give yah; say thanks, grovel appropriatly for the kindness being shown you by the givers of this charity and clam up. Or get lost.

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2000, 05:23:00 PM »
Lol - well put man.  

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2000, 05:39:00 PM »
Precisely, Hangtime...precisely.  You summed it up nicely.

Rooster...silly post, thanks for the humor injection    I have no idea how much they would want but hey, we offered, they said "Not at this time".

See, what we wanted to do here was physically takeover the local computer cafe late some night, fire up one of the cool maps I've been working on and host a 16 player game.  Not only do you have 16 people in the room duking it out (even been hit with a Beer can in an intense Quake match? hehe) but with the net connection, we would have room for those that wanted to join from the outside.

Ice:  Never say never...why are you opposed to such a thought?  Yea, you're right...why fly, all the materials are heavier than air, it'll never work, right?  

I understand how you guys that pay feel...I get a bit annoyed when someone who has only played the 2 week demo stomps in here demanding this and that be free.  And we dutifully flame that user too.  But that's not the case here....

Thanks!

Paul

"I love it when a plan comes together"

Ice

8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2000, 06:16:00 PM »
LePaul...

It's just that HTC and Aces High is not about a HTH free thing but rather an enterprise for profit...perhaps thats why I don't understand why you feel HTH should be expanded to accomodate the few rather than the MA to support the many

Nuff Said!

Ice

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2000, 07:00:00 PM »
Ice....what do you not understand...

I want to PAY whatever fee HTC deems worthy to host my own, private game.  Why oh why oh why is that so absurd to offer a lot of money for such an item?

You whine people dont pay.  I pay and want to give them more money to host a private game...what don't you understand?

Was your diploma signed by Sally Struthers?  

[Lots of silly humor intended....]

Cya OnLine!

Paul

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2000, 07:09:00 PM »
I had a picture of her captioned:

JUST PUT DOWN THE FORK AND STEP AWAY FROM THE PLATE!

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2000, 07:14:00 PM »
 I'm all for what you want LePaul. It wouldn't do any harm that I could think of.  But it's quite different from my perception of what the originator of this topic was asking for. He wanted more, for free and so he could have more fun.

-Westy

Offline putz

• Zinc Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2000, 08:11:00 PM »
This game should be free I think, who else?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2000, 08:32:00 PM »
Great idea Putz! So great in fact I think you should start an entirely new post stating that exact same rediculous troll.

Oh... you already did. Nevermind.

HaHa

8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2000, 08:56:00 PM »
YEEESH read my freaking second post Westy before you say that crap. More for free - don't be silly.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2000, 12:14:00 AM »
Permitting paying users the ability to host large closed games... hmm leads to someone crackin the code and Aces dyin a quick death due to ppl sayin.. hmm y pay, i can play free!!

8 ppl is enough!!  most boxed sims these days don't permit much more than 8, and ya gotta shell out the $$ fer the sim as well as all yer "friends".

There are other terrains and arenas available to paying customers now, and i'm willing to bet there will be other alternative arenas to come in the future.

Don't like 4 on 4? PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've flown perhaps 3 H2H sessions in the last 6 months. I have been a payin customer for 2.5 months roughly.. HATE H2H +) I can go fly EAW, or CFS2 fer that..

AKskurj

TheWobble

8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2000, 02:32:00 AM »
I think an interesting variation of this would be cool.

PAYING costomers can host up to 32 players
BUT!
ONLY other PAYING players can play on any H2H game that is set for over 8 ppl,  get what I sayin?

I.E> if you are a paying costomer you can set you h2h game to hold over 8 ppl, however if you are a non paying costomer you cannot play on a host that is set to accomadate over 8 ppl.  

It would be a good business choice because.
A: The game would be MUCH more diverse.
B:People could make use of the badass maps that keep coming out.
C:There could be historical scenarios without HTC having to bust their bellybutton to let us play them.

Bottom line is that would it could appeal to a broader range of tastes and thats good business and good for players alike.