Author Topic: 8 user limit on H2H  (Read 1801 times)

HaHa

8 user limit on H2H
« on: December 18, 2000, 12:24:00 AM »
Would it be possible to increase this to 16 or even 32 ? It's really hard to get a game going that you want to spend more than 10mins on with the H2H.

I think the increased popularity with larger H2H servers would be beneficial for HTC overall. I see a lot of paying players prefer the H2H because the action is faster.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2000, 12:59:00 AM »
I inquired about something along these lines a while back.  I wanted to host my own games for my users up here in Maine and find out about buying a license and such.  Nope.

Its fun hosting your own game, especially if the ping times down there at HTC aren't so good.

Hope they reconsider, my checkbook is open!

Paul

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2000, 04:12:00 AM »
I was thinking the opposite. Id really like to see H2H knocked back to 2 or 4 users at most> this might give people the incentive to pay to play. Or maybe allow those who pay to have a larger H2H arena for paying customers only. We dont get upgrades if HT and crew dont get paid.

Dog out..........

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2000, 04:43:00 AM »
Would it be possible to increase this to 16 or even 32 ? It's really hard to get a game going that you want to spend more than 10mins on with the H2H.
<cough>
It's called the MA.

We pay so guys like you can play for free, how about you return the favor?

Frosty1

8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2000, 05:25:00 AM »
Wardog always has the wrong ideas....

------------------
===>Frosty
====>Exposure2k.com
=====>Frosty@exposure2k.com

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2000, 07:24:00 AM »
*siding with the "wrong" ones*  

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2000, 07:53:00 AM »

Originally posted by HaHa:
It's really hard to get a game going that you want to spend more than 10mins on with the H2H.

Well, I've flown quite a lot in H2H since it was released. And I can tell you that, if you want it, you can have a game.

I recall especially Snoopi H2Hs, when he set A18 and A27 on the standard terrain with historical planes of axis/allied sides.

We then proceed to have more than 2 hours and a half of non-stop fun, probably the best time in H2H I've ever had (I even had a spanish friend flying...but the sucker was in the allied side   I made him pay for it  )

I use to see those kind of H2Hs, you should try the same. Close all fields except two, set historical sides, and do a 4vs4. It can be a bunch of fun.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2000, 08:49:00 AM »
 lol. INCREASE the H2H capacity? ROFL!
You're insane. How much more do you want for free?  I'm with Wardog. Make it 4vs4 max.

-Westy

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2000, 09:03:00 AM »
agreed, more than 4v4 for non paying customers would be unfair to htc

would be nice if paying users were allowed to host bigger hosts, that only other paying users could join

what do you think of idea #2?

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2000, 09:13:00 AM »
Hmmm.. zig's idea sounds OK-ish... It's even better for HTC cuz bigger H2Hs won't be taking bandwidth...

On the other hand, if everyone's running H2H servers how soon will we see pay-to-participate events  .

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2000, 09:15:00 AM »

Originally posted by Torque:
<cough>
It's called the MA.

We pay so guys like you can play for free, how about you return the favor?

yup.  

------------------
Mason22  Fat Drunk (chute shooting) Bastards  -- "shut up and FLY"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2000, 09:30:00 AM »
HTH is a marketing tool only.  It's there so that folks can try out AH, and then decide if its worth joining on a month-month basis.  If it were not a marketing tool, then you'd see AH in the store with a dollar amount attached to it, with a 32-player HTH option (And one of your generic-run-of-the-mill structured career modes)

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2000, 12:46:00 PM »
Thanks Torque for paying to let me play, but can you pay me direct? $15 sounds ok. And I will promise not to play h2h.

Talking seriously, 8 people in H2H is more than generous, it even possible to play axis/allies and teams, actually that is what MA is for. It is also interesting how good this tool works? How many ex. H2H guys now fly MA? In my expirience it is quite opposite, I see many exMA players in H2H.

Fariz

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2000, 12:54:00 PM »

Originally posted by Fariz:
In my (experience) it is quite opposite, I see many exMA players in H2H.

Fariz

I travel there for an alternate terrain.  One thing is certain, the amount of new players coming in the MA is 10 times over that of those that choose to leave, new names in buffer every day!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 12-18-2000).]

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
8 user limit on H2H
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2000, 02:04:00 PM »
...what a bunch of pompous asses....I mean, I have a sense of humor and all but some of you clearly have something firmly impaled where the sun doesn't shine...

I AM a paying member of Aces High (Duh!)...I don't have 3,4 or 12 accounts and sign up a new one when that one times out after 2 weeks like some cheapies I have seen.

I think what the poster meant, and what I was saying is this:  Sometimes the connects aren't so good at HTC and frankly, sometimes we'd like to play our own games....I'd be willing to PAY/LICENSE whatever fee to host my own 16 or 32 player game.  I didn't say anything about wanting it for free or the like.

Good god, guys....get away from the PC every now and then and mellow!  Grabbing a beer and returning doesn't count!

Anyways, from what I've seen, HTC doesn't have an arrangement for what I have mentioned...maybe they will in the future...who knows.

Paul

A Paying Member, thank you!