Author Topic: Yak-9T; double ROF  (Read 736 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Yak-9T; double ROF
« on: February 18, 2006, 11:45:10 PM »
Probably a simple fix and easy to reproduce. By tapping the "Fire Secondary" button very very quickly, as if wanting to fire one round at a time over and over again, after a couple of rounds the gun will begin to fire two rounds at once. I'm not sure of two rounds actually come out of the barrel, but the ammo counter begins to go down by 2 or even 3.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Yak-9T; double ROF
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 02:48:23 PM »
Bug still here. You dont ever need to type trigger too quickly, just above normal rof. And looks like gun actually fire all bullets, not just decrease counter (dont absolutely sure though).

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/900_1164746275_yak9t.ahf

Also last 37mm shot dont produce sound.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Yak-9T; double ROF
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 05:27:35 PM »
I notice my joystick fire button will fire multiple rounds per press whereas my keyboard will fire single rounds.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Yak-9T; double ROF
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 10:26:46 AM »
Bug didnt fixed yet. Is it ever in to do list?
Quite annoying if you prefer to make few quick shots from big gun instead of one short burst.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Yak-9T; double ROF
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 01:15:55 AM »
If I remember from when I tested it, "extra" rounds fired do not come out of the barrel.

They will probably wait until the Yak-9T is remodeled before fixing it.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline 0verlag

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Yak-9T; double ROF
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 09:07:39 PM »
i used to be able to do this with a ostie too.... i dont think double bullets come out though.....?

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Yak-9T; double ROF
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 09:36:56 PM »
Thought I'd noticed this a while back. After reading this, figured I'd do a little experiment while my beer chills.

Using my stick software, set the secondary fire button to a single nonrepeating keypress of .01 seconds in length. Used the target 100 command, rolled out of the hangar, and stopped. Using just the secondary button I'd mapped, I emptied the cannon into the target. Tried this 3 times. What I observed is that the Yak fires 1,2 or even 3 rounds (Ammo counter decrementing, hit sprites, and holes in the target as well). In contrast, the 109's fire a single round, period. Did the 9T really have an 1800rpm ROF?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Yak-9T; double ROF
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 07:19:04 AM »
go into 5 inch, fire AA shel, switch ammo type and fire HE shell, then come back to AA and shoot....you can get more that 2x the normal ROF
now posting as SirNuke

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Yak-9T; double ROF
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 08:40:28 PM »
Originally posted by Noir
go into 5 inch, fire AA shel, switch ammo type and fire HE shell, then come back to AA and shoot....you can get more that 2x the normal ROF

Yeah, for the sounds. The gun still only launches one shell at a time.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Yak-9T; double ROF
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 09:58:37 PM »
double???

i had a quadruple ROF for a minute...

got a film of the double ROF if needed, but man why fly that plane?

15 trigger presses, and i mean quick presses and bingo ammo.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Yak-9T; double ROF
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 11:21:23 PM »
Because a single hit will take any fighter out of the sky. Yes, most luftwobble birds can do that too, but their guns are like trying to hit a seagull with a boulder while on a rocking ship. The NS-37 has an incredibly high muzzle velocity and flat trajectory comparatively.

Besides, not everyone flies to get buttloads of kills and show off to their buddies. I fly the Yak-9T because you know the clueless dolt is screaming "WTF?!" when he pops in that tower after only hearing one bullet crunch into his plane. Not to mention the huge fireball you get upon impact. It nearly covers up the entire La-7.

But all this is a different thread.