Author Topic: Re-Supplying bases  (Read 569 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re-Supplying bases
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 03:02:38 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
No.  All objects, which can receive supplies, within a 1 mile radius of the drop are supplied equally.

Thank you
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re-Supplying bases
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 06:56:52 PM »
It amazes me the amount of myths that grow in AH.  Like when the Cv is sunk you can't spawn supplies.... loada bunkum:rolleyes:

Supplies can be put out or dropped anywhere on a field.  Concrete myth came about because folk dropped on grass in a M3 and towered getting a ditch.  The supplies worked by KNOCKING 15 min off re-gain time but the ditch made folk go to concrete to put out supplies...HENCE that MYTH.

Goon speed myth came about because of torp drop method lower than 200ft slower than 200 MPH.  C47's can drop at any speed but wings snap off over 325mph.  You do get drift with the chute. Drop a min of 800ft for chute to open and clearly over the beginning of the field.  Sups will drift in by about 30 ft.  Nothing stopping you dropping higher than 800ft. You can't re-supply towns.  Town building pop after 45 min NOTHING can change that.  As for town acks thats a good question and i'll have a go to see if it works.  Cv's can't be re-supplied it also has the standard "down" time.

Ground vehicle supplies CAN be put out on the move BUT only in 1st gear any faster and they don't work.

As for re-supplying factories I honestly havn't tried it in AH 2.  I can tell you this about AH1.... It didn't bleedin work.  Sure it gave you perkies but the factory didn't come up any faster in my AH1 experiment.  I am not prepared to spend 1 hr of my life seeing if it actually works or gives perkies in AH2.

oh btw inflight refuel is stall speed lower than 200ft then Alt and Tab.. costs between 10 to 15 perkies. 10 perkies in friendly territory 15 in enemy

:rofl

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Re-Supplying bases
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 07:44:03 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
Ground vehicle supplies CAN be put out on the move BUT only in 1st gear any faster and they don't work.

told ya so :p  naner naner

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re-Supplying bases
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 04:31:41 AM »
Originally posted by LYNX
oh btw inflight refuel is stall speed lower than 200ft then Alt and Tab.. costs between 10 to 15 perkies. 10 perkies in friendly territory 15 in enemy

:rofl

Great to know that. Thanks. ;)  :t

I can tell you where the "cant spawn supplies" from a sunk CV comes from.

Since the CV is sunk and Hangar doesnt "exist" anymore, you cant change loadouts of the LVT anymore. You have to switch to a land base, change loadout and the come back to CV and launch.

So youre saying you can drop troops/supplies from a C47 at faster speeds then 200 mph?
21 is only half the truth.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Re-Supplying bases
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 05:07:56 AM »
Thanks for the answers and clarifications.

Would you know do the field supplies work even if they are dropped on water beside the base?

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re-Supplying bases
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 05:33:00 AM »
AFAIK, dropping on water doesnt work.

There was a bug that made it possible to drop sups on water close to a port, but i think that has been fixed.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re-Supplying bases
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 02:21:11 PM »
I've had both my wings shot off at 10K and dropped field supplies onto a field about ten seconds before the plane exploded in the air from overspeed. Now there's an answer! :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.