Author Topic: Best AH Pilot  (Read 10032 times)

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2006, 08:02:52 AM »
Originally posted by Lephturn
Natural sticks... Squid, Mili, Vila... Squid is the most natural stick ever.  Jinx was an amazing E fighter.  Smut taught me how good the F6F is.  Pigs taught me how to have fun and kick butt.

Heya lefty !

Whatever happened to those guys? I sat next to Mili at the convention in 1997 (Houston), he was a hoot. He flew with his face about 6 inches from the screen and his speakers up at deafening levels, probably to drown out the stream of obscenities he hurled at his virtual oponents (who could not hear anything, long before vox). He had to stop to wipe the spittle off his screen from time to time too.

Vila was a class-act in every since, a true gentleman, and his ever present wingman Worr as well. Haven't seen those guys since shortly after ICI sold WB to crazy-Bill or whoever that jackarse was.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2006, 08:09:37 AM »
Originally posted by Edbert
He's had a number of handles, always containing the word "left" to some degree or another. He's the guy I mentioned back on page 3 somewhere when the discussion turned to Jugs. I don't know if he could take drex or not, but it would be close in a P47x.

Let me assure you, I can't take Drex.  I may have nailed him once or twice, but he basically would eat my lunch.  We went at each other in Jugs more than once, and he kills me 3-1 easy.  Drex is the master of making you overshoot, and I never could quite roll a Jug around as well as he can at low speed, let alone shoot as well.  My specialty has always been E fighting and using my head, not my piloting skills.  There is a reason I fly a jug you know.  Actually there are 8 of them, and the huge piles of ammo that go with those reasons. :aok   Hint:  It's not because I'm a good shot.  Heh.

BTW, my handle always contained "leph", short for "Lephturn" back when we only got 4 letters.  I've been around since Warbirds, just after beta.  I was recruited by Worr to the Pigs ,and spent quite a while as a trainer in AH.  Anyway... good times. :)  I just have to grab me a stick I can drag around with my laptop (I travel for work) and I'll log back in and try out my trusty Jug again.  TnB sub-dweebs (TM-Smut) beware!

Now I have to scrabble around and find my old stick setups, gunsights, and view sets... anybody have a good place to grab some gunsights?

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2006, 08:18:33 AM »
Originally posted by Edbert
Heya lefty !

Whatever happened to those guys? I sat next to Mili at the convention in 1997 (Houston), he was a hoot. He flew with his face about 6 inches from the screen and his speakers up at deafening levels, probably to drown out the stream of obscenities he hurled at his virtual oponents (who could not hear anything, long before vox). He had to stop to wipe the spittle off his screen from time to time too.

Vila was a class-act in every since, a true gentleman, and his ever present wingman Worr as well. Haven't seen those guys since shortly after ICI sold WB to crazy-Bill or whoever that jackarse was.

I haven't heard from Mili for a while.  Squid got hasn't flown for a long time, but I ping him in email from time to time.  Worr was around on and off, even in some different squads since I've flown I believe.  Vila is about now and again.  Many of us are still in touch via our email list.  XX, Ichi, Duke, Supe, Roamer, Vila, Smut, Snak, and of course Dr. Gonzo.  I know I'm missing some folks... but many of us are still in touch.  Being a Pig is bigger than any one game. :)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2006, 08:19:51 AM »
Originally posted by Lephturn
Nah, I just flew with great wingmen.  The top sticks always owned me, and Drex well... hands down the best Jug pilot I've ever been smoked by.  The only thing I really did well is do pretty well in under-rated planes.  I was pretty good at hiding my E state and then burning it to kill ya if you under estimated me.  I'm not a natural, I'm just pretty good at the E game and fly with some discipline.  Well that, and Pigs on my wing.  Oink! Oink!  To War!

Natural sticks... Squid, Mili, Vila... Squid is the most natural stick ever.  Jinx was an amazing E fighter.  Smut taught me how good the F6F is.  Pigs taught me how to have fun and kick butt.

Anybody know of a good compact stick I can travel with?  I think I can run this thing on my laptop, and I've a hankering to fly something with WAY too many .50's.

Hey Leph ... I have been on the receiving end of your 50s, albiet I was quite the noob at the time, but I also watched you in action too. You are being quite modest.

Drex ... who the hell is this Drex guy everybody keeps talking about ? ...  ;)
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2006, 09:37:21 AM »
There are many good gamers but if I had to make a list based on my experiences it would definately have these guys in the top 5.

Levi
YUCCA
HONDO
ElevenK
Herblife

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone and will hear about it but, that is my list of top 5 gamers or "figter pilots" (if you will).

And did I see someone put pacerr on the list?:lol

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2006, 09:40:42 AM »
A long, long, time ago.  In a far off game.  There existed a man, one man.  His name was ...

[SIZE=10]Drex[/SIZE]

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2006, 09:55:49 AM »
yeah but now he plays teh jet simz.:t
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2006, 09:58:29 AM »
Drex sucks.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2006, 10:14:53 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Drex sucks.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Levi sucks:t
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2006, 10:59:35 AM »
Drex sucks.
Listen we know you robots don't like humans.:D

Actually - Lev may just be version 2.0 of DREX 1.0.  Do we have confirmation that Drex is actually human LOL
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 12:15:15 PM by mars01 »

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2006, 11:38:07 AM »
Originally posted by Bucky73
There are many good gamers but if I had to make a list based on my experiences it would definately have these guys in the top 5.

Levi
YUCCA
HONDO
ElevenK
Herblife

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone and will hear about it but, that is my list of top 5 gamers or "figter pilots" (if you will).

And did I see someone put pacerr on the list?:lol
herblife  :eek: :lol :lol

Drex and Levi suck.
Army of Muppets

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2006, 04:39:05 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Bestest at cowering in the ack. 'Grats, nwbie! ;)

Ya gotta be good at someting in this game :)
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2006, 04:45:59 PM »
Anyone with an easy mode allied plane can perform better than any Luftie plane plain and simple you donät really need to be that good if you fly with the easy moders!!!!! KLAPLARRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2006, 05:04:35 PM »
Originally posted by Glasses
Anyone with an easy mode allied plane can perform better than any Luftie plane plain and simple you donät really need to be that good if you fly with the easy moders!!!!! KLAPLARRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shush lol:lol

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Best AH Pilot
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2006, 05:09:39 PM »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech