Author Topic: Boom and Zoom  (Read 589 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Boom and Zoom
« on: September 25, 2000, 02:51:00 PM »
heya fella's

Well with all this cat talk I had to go and do it.  A place where I eat BBQ has a cat that had kittens last month.  Well I went to get one today and was heart broken about braking up their little litter. SO I took 2 home with me  

Their names are Boom and Zoom   and they are both at my feet right now as I type this note   So the bonding has already happened    One question,  how do I train a kitten to use the litter box?  They eat solid food just fine, but they keep trying to eat the litter hehehe.

Udie

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Boom and Zoom
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2000, 02:53:00 PM »
Erm.. did you just say "train cats"?

LOL! Kitten newbie!

Keep them fed.. they are kittens and need quite a bit of food.  They will grow out of erm.. "cleaning" their litterbox.

Sure makes you think twice when they lick you eh?

AKDejaVu

Gooberz

Boom and Zoom
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2000, 02:58:00 PM »
I used to dig holes in the front yard, drop the kitties in them, bury them up to their little heads, and then grab the lawnmower, and thwack thwack thwack. Kitties mulch. Good fertilizer.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Boom and Zoom
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2000, 03:09:00 PM »

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Boom and Zoom
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2000, 03:11:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Erm.. did you just say "train cats"?

LOL! Kitten newbie!

Keep them fed.. they are kittens and need quite a bit of food.  They will grow out of erm.. "cleaning" their litterbox.

Sure makes you think twice when they lick you eh?  

AKDejaVu

hehe these aren't my first cats, but it's been over 10 years since I've had a kitten so I forgot what all I need to do.  If I remember right they kinda know what to do with the litter bix right?

udie

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Boom and Zoom
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2000, 03:20:00 PM »
The litter box is intuitive to cats.  Put the litterbox in the area and the cats will know what to do.  

Cat's instincts are some of the keenest I've seen. Its why they are often mistaken for being smart

AKDejaVu

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Boom and Zoom
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2000, 04:29:00 PM »
 absolutely amazing!  Zoom, the bigger of the 2, took to the litter box like the stink on his poop    I put him in it and he started scratching right away and did his business  

Boom on the other hand seemed lost, he just wanted out of the box.  He cleans himself after he eats, but no poddy yet...

They are crashed out on my legs right now    Boom on the left and Zoom on the right.  I had forgotten how cute kittens are.

Udie

JENG

Boom and Zoom
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2000, 06:48:00 PM »
CONGRATS udie  

Have two 'old hands' at home (both 14 years old) so they're not so playfull anymore (they sleep like 23h out of 24 instead of the 22 outa 24 like younger cats  )

But a friend of mine has a little kitten and indeed it's so cute  ... they are so playfull (keep munching on your finger and chasing everything that moves)

Good luck with B and Z ... maybe ya can ask hang to let hairball give'm some stickexperience when they get older  

Bee

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Boom and Zoom
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2000, 07:01:00 PM »
 Well I'm going to have to learn to fly with them in my lap for a while. They won't leave me alone hehe, follow me anywhere I go. Boom is trying to climb up my leg right now.   he just made it, now here comes Zoom  

Their defenately a hand full...

Udie

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Boom and Zoom
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2000, 08:08:00 PM »
Udie,
Why don't you get two dogs, name them Turn and Burn, and tell us what happens  

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Boom and Zoom
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2000, 10:50:00 PM »
ROTFLMAO!

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Boom and Zoom
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2000, 12:53:00 AM »
LOL Mietla !

Udie, No poo from Zoom yet ? Check behind the Sofa  
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
Boom and Zoom
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2000, 11:40:00 AM »
Have a cat myself. Stupid thing likes to jump up on the monitor and sit there and stare at me. Then it's arse gets hot from the vent grill, so it turns around and sticks it tail over the front of the monitor, swishing it back and forth (and I thought blinking icons suck!). Tried once to solve this problem by tilting monitor back a little further, freaking cat jumps up on monitor causing back to hit desk causing power cord to get knocked off. lol - in the middle of an engagement.

Yeah that's it - blame the cat. Yeah that's the ticket.

Sour

[This message has been edited by sourkraut (edited 09-26-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Boom and Zoom
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2000, 11:56:00 AM »
Udie, if you don't live near a busy highway, train them to go outside, once they get to a certain age, say 6 months, pull the litter box and when you see them head for the area where it was at, then put them outside, pretty soon they'll be telling you when they 'have to go'...sure, you may have an accident or two, but a kitty thats 'goes' outside will make your life alot easier down the road.

Cats can be trained, I used to have a cat that would go bird hunting with me, long story short, he would flush them, I'd shoot, he'd jump in the air from the sound of the gun, then go back to 'leading' me in the woods by 20-30 feet...he didn't like the gun, but he liked being out in the woods with me..

You can also train a cat to crap on the crapper, you start by placing the litter box by the toilet, then, elevate it once a week, by a phone book thickness, until its to the level of the toilet (say, over 5-6 weeks), then, pull the litter box, make sure you have the lid up on the toilet, and believe it or not, 2 out of 3 cats WILL start crapping in the toilet.

BTW, folks that don't like cats also don't like people that they can't have  control over...think about that one.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 09-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 09-26-2000).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Boom and Zoom
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2000, 12:08:00 PM »
Carefull about toilet training cats.

They also figure out how to flush the toilet.  If you leave it open, the swirling motion mesmorizes them.  Eventually, the will just flush over and over and over again.  Its not really a big deal until you get that $300 water bill.

Since Rip also brought up outdoor "training"... really think about it if you are kicking around the notion of a cat door.  Cats enjoy the hunt.  They don't necessarily enjoy eating it afterwards.  The do, however, enjoy showing you they killed something.  They do this by bringing it in the house.  Disposing of dead animals in the house isn't really that bad... but inevitably the live ones are brought in too.  So far I've cleared (live animals) 1 squirell, 1 wooddonut, 1 pigeon, 4 robins and inumerous field-mice and sparrows from the house.  Fortunately, the cat couldn't get a crow through the door.  It got away outside.

AKDejaVu