Author Topic: Frame 3 Results  (Read 1425 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Frame 3 Results
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 08:33:08 AM »
Squig Im not horribly upset..we won :)  But...we won using all LA5s. In most FSOs I get some kills, but normally not as many in this one. Its certainly an  "Its the plane not the pilot" issue with the LAs in my opinion.

It was a fun night, and we won, its just that the degree of difficulty was turned down a bit. You did as you saw fit, with the style you have, I'll say WTG, and that should just about wrap her up :)

~AoM~

Offline sqwiglly

• Zinc Member
Frame 3 Results
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 11:56:52 AM »
i agree,it was unfair.but so is trying to fight 109's at 20000ft in a p40,yet we still have to do it sometimes,and i never cried foul

id like to know,if we had swamed them with a20's instead would anyone have cared?
was it because of the swarm?or because of the type of swarm?
FATE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
Frame 3 Results
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 02:47:45 PM »
i think, sqwig - its not the swarm so much as the 'gaming' of the rules that have upset alot of folks...

Offline Eagle327

• Copper Member
      • 327th Steel Talons
Frame 3 Results
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2006, 07:54:48 PM »
I reluctantly jump in here.

During the course of frame three, I asked 4 times on command channel 150, and Country Channel: "327th is rearmed over A4. Shall we hit 49 ? Orders?"

I got no reply that I could definitely identify as a response to my particular question.

May I suggest that all text responses include the requestor's name so he/she can recognize the response as speciffically directed to him/her and therefore answering his'/hers' specific question.

Otherwise, ambiguity runs rampant.

Eagle, GXO
327th Steel Talons Squadrons
Eagle, Group XO
327th Steel Talons Squadrons

"Keep 'em level, Mates. Greasy side down."

Offline sqwiglly

• Zinc Member
Frame 3 Results
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2006, 02:23:33 AM »
after watching the tape i have noticed several crutial moments in text that i was slippin or just plain confused.people were waiting for orders or got the wrong ones.i was lookin for the il2's when they were right under us,i left them behind and they got jumped.my apologies.it does get hecktick.when you asked if you should hit 49 i was in an argument with the cm about just that.orders were slower and more vauge than i would have liked.i salute all squads on our side.things got clouded at the end but we all followed the goal and made it out ahead.

anyone who says it was unfair,watch the tape and see the 20 109's against the 5 las over leningrad.yall had your chance.
FATE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT

Offline Mystic2

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theunforgivenweb.com
Frame 3 Results
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2006, 02:19:23 PM »
END POINT:
U took ur loophole, guys are mad about it because they understand chivalry, of which u seem not to. [/B][/QUOTE]

well said
FSO Setup CM
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"LIVE FREE, DIE WELL"

mystic2@ahevents.org

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
Frame 3 Results
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by sqwiglly
anyone who says it was unfair,watch the tape and see the 20 109's against the 5 las over leningrad.yall had your chance.

:rofl :rofl :rofl  We had our chance:rofl :rofl :rofl

ya forgot the 20+ that rolled in a minute later
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline sqwiglly

• Zinc Member
Frame 3 Results
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2006, 02:45:55 AM »
no i didnt,i was one of the 5.it was plenty of time and support was stragglin in.if they were given the order to break off bomber defense they coulda hurt us.instead they stayed on d,backup followed the directions of the scouts bellow the bombers,caught up and....well

cover had plenty of time to swarm us,get back up and defend.instead they hesitated

think im wrong?watch the tape.look how many 109's are swarmin round me as i fly on auto so i can text.they grouped up as much as we did yet we broke some code

ya i know,your all tired of this and im a handsomehunk.so dont ever read this thread again.ill continue to converse whenever i feel theres something worth saying
FATE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
Frame 3 Results
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2006, 08:07:08 AM »
Originally posted by sqwiglly
no i didnt,i was one of the 5.it was plenty of time and support was stragglin in.if they were given the order to break off bomber defense they coulda hurt us.instead they stayed on d,backup followed the directions of the scouts bellow the bombers,caught up and....well

cover had plenty of time to swarm us,get back up and defend.instead they hesitated

think im wrong?watch the tape.look how many 109's are swarmin round me as i fly on auto so i can text.they grouped up as much as we did yet we broke some code

ya i know,your all tired of this and im a handsomehunk.so dont ever read this thread again.ill continue to converse whenever i feel theres something worth saying

:cry :cry

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Frame 3 Results
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2006, 02:05:44 PM »
Maybe we need to have an attitude check before allowing random people to become CiCs.

Sqwiglly is a child and there is not point in arguing with him.  Many people on the axis side flew in circles for well over an hour waiting to have fun in fighting, defending, killing or dying.  Our squad was to defend V49 and we did not see any action until the last few mintues of the frame.  By then, 2 or 3 planes came in and I think 1 plane managed to shoot an ack or two.  That's when my squad was able to kill off 2 out of three3 very quickly.  That last guy ran for 1 sector where 30 to 40 la's were waiting high and quickly slaughtered my squad of about 9.

Overall:
We flew in circles for well over an hour, got to jump 2 guys low.  Then chased an la for a sector only to get jumped by too many la's.  We knew we were going to get jumped 2 min prior to it, but out of boredum, we didn't care.  We just wanted to feel like we participated in this FSO.

No bombers were ever seen.  Only fast la's at low altitude.  That kind of gameplay discourages many players on both sides.  I play for historical battles, and not for points.

Some people just never grow up and through life, I've learned to deal with them.

I hope this next frame will not be a repeat fo the last one.:aok
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline CheeseHead

• Zinc Member
Frame 3 Results
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2006, 10:19:37 PM »
After taking a few hours to come up with my orders for Frame 2, to type them out, color code everything, make the map, do the test flights to make sure the buffs could reach their targets before the time limit, it was VERY disheartening to see the hastily thrown together orders for Frame 3. I was kind enough to give sqwig's squad the requested La-5's in Frame 2, and what does he do in frame 3? He sticks my squad in the sacrificial P40's and Yaks. Thanks man, I'll remember that next time you want a favor! :)

At any rate, his plan for Frame 3 was effective, albeit not very historical. What kind of crackhead general would really write up something like this? My squad (only 3 of us made it) was supposed to make a few bases flash, on our way to attacking (I think it was 49?). Well, we made 3 bases flash, only to draw the attention of about 20 109's. Those 109's must've just got done watching Brokeback Mountain, because they violated my squad in ways I've never imagined!

~CheezHed {Shillelagh}

Offline MAG1C

• Zinc Member
Frame 3 Results
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2006, 10:50:10 AM »
Okay folks, I think we've all learned something from this.  Lookijng at the setup for the next FSO, I can see that the CMs have taken steps to avoid the kind of misunderstanding that occured last time.  Let's move along.  ;)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Frame 3 Results
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2006, 01:25:47 PM »
Originally posted by MAG1C
Okay folks, I think we've all learned something from this.  Lookijng at the setup for the next FSO, I can see that the CMs have taken steps to avoid the kind of misunderstanding that occured last time.  Let's move along.  ;)

It was no misunderstanding.  :D

Some people just never learned as a child, how to play well with others.
Time's fun when you're having flies.