Author Topic: Few Questions  (Read 300 times)

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Few Questions
« on: March 02, 2006, 10:57:10 AM »
I'm enjoying my time in AH, I've played flight sims for years so piloting isn't a problem at all, but I do have a few questions.

I'm currently fly for the Bishops.  And I have to ask...is there a defined chain of command?  I often find myself wondering which orders I should follow.  Right now, I usually look at the map and see where help is needed most, and transfer/fly there.  But if there were a few designated leaders, I'd know who to listen to, and what the larger objective is.  Of course the larger objective is to take every base, but I mean do we concentrate this week on taking these sectors, etc.

Also is there any roleplay? I mean, do the different countries have some background or simply like "red team, green team, etc."?

Are there any squads who only fly certain planes?  I'd really rather be in the Axis vs Allies server, but there are always so few players in there...  If I could get that sort of feeling while being able to play in the main arena, that would be awesome.
P-47 pilot

Offline Target2

• Silver Member
Few Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 11:21:03 AM »
Well Republic

I don't fly for the bish's but I assume it's pretty much the same all around. There is no chain of command per country. You fly what you want and do what you want. Pretty much the way you have been doing it already. See where there is trouble and go help out. If you are looking for more structure, then I would suggest you hook up with a squad. Some squads fly different types and some fly all the same type. Whenever my squad is on together, we try to up in the same type of aircraft (Usually Spits, but not always)
71 Eagle Squadron

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Few Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 11:21:48 AM »
There are many "Generals" out there in Aces High. But the only orders youll have to really follow are your own. Have fun. If someone asks for help and you feel like doing it, go ahead. If you feel like doing something else - go ahead :). There is NO "chain of command" whatsoever, every player has the same rights - always be respectful of others, have fun but do not hamper others fun.

Whats the larger objective.... thats a bit more complicated. Or not: Again: largest objective - HAVE FUN!
Some have fun taking the bases and winning The War (ie one country down to 3 fields, country with largest number of bases wins the reset). Some just have fun fighting each other, not really caring about a larger landgrabbing objective, simply flying for the competition. Some fly for their score/rank and enjoy racking up kills. Some enjoy hiding around "tanktown", hunting other ground vehicles, some have fun in doing 3 hour bombing missions. Some enjoy teamwork, some rather fly and fight alone.

In the Main arena, theres no real roleplay. The country you fly for will always be green. They are simply differentiated by the chess piece. If you want to put any allegiances and loyalties to a chess piece is again personal preference. Some do, some dont (and switch country regularly, like myself for example).

As for squads and what they do/dont: Check out the Squadron forum at the bottom of the forum list. Recruiting squads usually post there. You can also post and describe what you want in a squad and see who comes back at you.

EDIT: If youre looking for historical immersion and roleplay setups, AvA is the place to go. As well as SEA (Special events arena) where youll have Snapshots, Squad ops and Scenarios on historical maps with historical background and planesets. Check out the respective forums for more info.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 11:24:11 AM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.