Author Topic: I note a major potential whinning issue...  (Read 1423 times)

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
I note a major potential whinning issue...
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2000, 07:59:00 PM »
Maybe folks should watch the taco gong commercial again. "Sir could u please try it before u mess with it".

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2000, 08:22:00 PM »
Perk stuff may be fun to ride in from time to time, but I honestly don't think they're gonna be that tough to kill.

My main ride, the <cough> F4U-C, is slower than half the planes in the MA, and turns worse than half the planes in the MA. Instead of being caught in 30 seconds, it's gonna take them 20 seconds. Instead of losing a 5 turn fight, it's gonna happen in 4. Not that big a deal, really.

Crap pilots in perk planes are still gonna be crap pilots... and the planes don't get ya killed, bad decisions do. People in perk planes will not be immune to bad decisions.

The only thing that's really gonna change with perk planes is yet one more reason to whine.

Er... and one other thing that will change. At the start of a new TOD, I really try to protect my score, to see how I can rate with the guys on the top of the board. After three days of this, I get extremely tense, then bored, then give it up. I suspect the same kinda thing will happen with being able to fly perk planes.

The pressure to keep that thing alive is gonna cause some people to fly around at 30k, engagaging at only the *most* favourable opportunity (read 1-2 fights an hour).

Nahh...not for me. When the time comes, I'm gonna have it fire-walled and be screaming along the deck at 500 feet with a big bellybutton grin on my face. Easy come, easy go.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2000, 09:13:00 PM »
Ya know, one of the benefits of having a forced downtime like I have is getting things in perspective.

Dammit, the game is amusing. It's pure fun. It gets frustrating when you've played it too much or yer ego gets in the way.

I'll do what I do in real life; do my thing and let others do whatever they please. Just let their arguments be what they are and enjoy it my way.

Hope I get a new joystick soon so I can start killing again.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2000, 12:04:00 AM »
I cheer at the fact that there will be a reason to fly the early war aircraft!!  There will be more zekes, more spitV's etc  I think its a good thing.
And when my time finally comes to get in a D9, i'll find that gaggle chasin some other poor perked bugger and enjoy clearin his tail.

AKskurj

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2000, 01:27:00 AM »
I hope with all these new perks they will add in the bf-110g2, hurricane 2c/2d, lagg3, p-39, ki43, ki61 and p-40.

you know...

stuff thats tons of fun and historically important to ww2.

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline newguy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2000, 01:35:00 AM »
I agree with Cit. More mid war before perk.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2000, 02:08:00 AM »
f4f and fm2 also  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2000, 11:58:00 AM »
Lets say you do get a TigerII, will you have to drive it all the way back to the vbase in order to keep it ?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2000, 12:08:00 PM »
ANY additional A/C makes this a better game, since the MA is kinda like disney world, its fun, but you don't want to camp out there for days on end because you end up f#@&^ing goofy, whereas the historical Scenarios, Check six events, etc. is where most of these online sims really rock.

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2000, 12:21:00 PM »
Nash,

Love Ya Man.

"Planes don't kill planes, people do"

------------------
Milo
3./JG2
"Swager's Angels"

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2000, 12:21:00 PM »
...Or do it like Rats; Whole game is a frigging scenario... or at least I hope so  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2000, 12:27:00 PM »
Your heart is where my heart lies within the sim Nash! <S>