Author Topic: Six months after Katrina in New Orleans  (Read 1969 times)

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
Six months after Katrina in New Orleans
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2006, 06:32:12 PM »
I don't mean this to be indifferent or mean or anything like that, but heres how I look at it.
  IF YOU CHOSE TO LIVE BELOW SEA LEVEL, EXPECT A FLOOD. (duh)
  New Oeleans should stop complaining about "wheres the govt" and either start rebuilding and wait for the next storm to rain on them, or move to higher ground.
  And what happened to all the money that was sent there to build up those old levys anyway? Did sombody line their pockets like the local govt does here, and not care about their citizens?
  The people in New Orleans need to get up and do one of two things, REBUILD or RELOCATE.
  If you sit back and wait for the govt to come in and do it, don't hold your breath.

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2006, 09:29:55 PM »
Originally posted by dmf
I don't mean this to be indifferent or mean or anything like that, but heres how I look at it.

LOL give that man a gold star :rofl

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2006, 10:27:18 PM »
Originally posted by dmf

oh and dont come whining for me to give you money to rebuild when you do get flooded. I wouldnt come whining to you to rebuild my house, if a big douglas fir squooshed it.

ever here those Stormaid.com commercials with the crying kids? annoying.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2006, 10:13:45 AM »
The New Orleans citizens probaly spent most of there reconstruction money on Mardi Gras so now there gonna say FEMA/U.S. Goverment didn't give them enough money

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com/joomla/index.php
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2006, 10:49:53 AM »
IF YOU CHOSE TO LIVE BELOW SEA LEVEL, EXPECT A FLOOD.

To the people of Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas-- If you home or town is ever destroyed by a tornado then duff **** because you live in tornado valley. California please don't ask for any help what so ever next time the earthquakes hit, ok? Thanks!!! Florida, that's right you too as you get hit with more hurricanes than any other state, pay for it yourself!!!  

By the way, black people in general, tuff that we kept you repressed all the way into the 70's if not to today. The law on the books say we are equal so that means we are equal. There is no such thing as racism anymore so just deal with it you dang sissies!!!

Man I'm so glad the compassionate days of America are gone. They were such an embarrassment to our country!!!

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2006, 11:00:24 AM »
Originally posted by fartwinkle
LOL give that man a gold star :rofl

You mean woman, one thats smart enough not to live in a fish bowl, and somhow manages to have enough insurance on my personal belongings, that if and when a hurricane, flood, tornado, earthquake, or other natural disaster comes through here I can replace everything, without the need, help or advice from the govt.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2006, 11:01:20 AM »
it's interesting that the insurance industry is the most government regulated service industry on record.

And it's also interesting that the biggest on-going gripe on the gulf coast is the insurance companies are not paying up.

The insurance companies make drug dealers and mafiosos look honest by comparison.

Good luck, DMF. Methinks you bought a pig in a poke.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2006, 11:42:25 AM »
so saying that all black gangbangers are bad people is not sterotyping or racist?

sounds fair to me... and even if it's not... your life would work out fine with such sterotyping and racism...

lazs

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2006, 11:53:03 AM »
There is a HUGE overlooked difference between being racist, and being stereotypist.

After living in South L.A., I am still NOT racist, but I have a STRONG HATRED for blacks wearing sport jerseys/showing their underwares, and tatooed vatos with a shave head, whitelong teeshirt.

Bottomline: if you want respect, don't fit the image of a scumbag.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2006, 11:54:59 AM »
soooo... I am not a racist?  or at least.... no more than frenchy?

lazs

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2006, 12:10:55 PM »
Great post BTW.
I think culero just offered to help you build a fence or something.

eskimo

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2006, 12:19:38 PM »
Originally posted by parker00
To the people of Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas-- If you home or town is ever destroyed by a tornado then duff **** because you live in tornado valley. California please don't ask for any help what so ever next time the earthquakes hit, ok? Thanks!!! Florida, that's right you too as you get hit with more hurricanes than any other state, pay for it yourself!!!  

By the way, black people in general, tuff that we kept you repressed all the way into the 70's if not to today. The law on the books say we are equal so that means we are equal. There is no such thing as racism anymore so just deal with it you dang sissies!!!

Man I'm so glad the compassionate days of America are gone. They were such an embarrassment to our country!!!

BS a tornado is a rare avent and its damage path is small compared to a hurricain.

If you live in a city that has to have levys to keep the water out then your more of a risk taker than me and I or America owes you nothing.

As far as "black" folk go I used to work in S dallas oakcliff area and I know plenty of black folks who are just like me trying to get along and pay there way.

But on the flip side there are young black men that go the way of crime and look and act like complete fools.
So if ya gonna act like a mentaly imature thug dont be suprised if thats jusy how I treat you.
 NOW PULL UP YOUR PANTS:rofl

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2006, 12:50:53 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Great post BTW.
I think culero just offered to help you build a fence or something.

eskimo

Heh...on vacation? I might help build a pile of crawfish shells, at most :)

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com/joomla/index.php
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2006, 01:07:29 PM »
BS a tornado is a rare avent and its damage path is small compared to a hurricain.

If you live in a city that has to have levys to keep the water out then your more of a risk taker than me and I or America owes you nothing.

As far as "black" folk go I used to work in S dallas oakcliff area and I know plenty of black folks who are just like me trying to get along and pay there way.

But on the flip side there are young black men that go the way of crime and look and act like complete fools.
So if ya gonna act like a mentaly imature thug dont be suprised if thats jusy how I treat you.
 NOW PULL UP YOUR PANTS:rofl

There are hundreds of tornados each year in the US. They happen far more often than any hurricane and the collective amount of damage does add up. You forgot to mention it was the 60's since the last major hurricane happened in New Orleans so by those standards you are actually safer there then most of the country. Florida has them hit every year yet we keep sending millions of aid to them and never ask them to move do we? Some people on this board need to get a clue and open thier minds to new ideas and different points of view.  

Oh yeah I forgot to mention those people that live near forests are on thier own as well because if you lose your home to a forest fire it is your fault because you made your home out of a flamable material and not completely out of concrete.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2006, 01:46:09 PM »
If you live in a city that has to have levys to keep the water out then your more of a risk taker than me  

Most of the Dutch always live that way.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"