Author Topic: Six months after Katrina in New Orleans  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Six months after Katrina in New Orleans
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2006, 10:27:57 AM »
Originally posted by -Concho-
I am far from liberal an I have been twice investigated by the Texas Rangers for racial profiling in relation to narcotic seizures.  You are an idiot if you underestimate any person.  

My point is not that the punk bellybutton kids who want to be bangers should be handled like boy scouts, it is that everyone has the potential to be dangerous.

Everyone regardless of what they wear, drive, or listen to should be approached with equal courtesy and respect using gaurded caution until they prove to you by action or body language that they are "good" or "bad" guys.

LOL!

NOW I'm with yah. I believe it was in "rules for a gunfight" that I read 'Be polite, be professional... but, have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

We on the same wavelength now?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2006, 10:27:59 AM »
Originally posted by fartwinkle
LOL concho even the felons carry here :rofl

within the limits of the law, of course ;)

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2006, 10:29:17 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
LOL!

NOW I'm with yah. I believe it was in "rules for a gunfight" that I read 'Be polite, be professional... but, have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

We on the same wavelength now?

now you have it.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2006, 10:40:03 AM »
Whelp, hope you recognize that Frenchy, being a civilian and not having a piece at the small of his back, one in a shoulder rig and a throw-away in an ankle strap has to make judgement calls from a different perspective.

And, knowing that when he eyeballs a 'gangbanger' mufuti clad street urchin he's gotta assume that form follows function and come to some (for you) 'hasty' decisons about threat levels, surroundings and response.

And, he'd be right to assume the worst, and react accordingly... keep himself and his family away from street trash.

In fact, even if he did have all the armament you pack, he'd still be correct in my humble opinion to assume the worst; though I'd consider that to be 'Bernie Goetz' behavior to be hangin around trouble and as such puts him on the same level as the gangbanger.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2006, 10:50:30 AM »
Originally posted by dmf
Ok I'm only 24 , not 85, whats a pig in a poke?

to buy a pig in a poke literally means 'to buy something which you cannot see' and thus 'to buy something whose true nature is unknown'.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2006, 10:53:04 AM »
aye, I admit sometimes it is hard to look past the end of your own nose.

It's hard for me to take people grouping other people based on surface apperance.  

I spent my first 5 years near the mexican border, things can get real western real quick down there.  Several times I was one on one in the ditch with someone I was trying to arrest.  

I can remember laying on one in particular that was a pretty even fight, I looked up and saw two eses walking up.  I thought I was ****ed in a big way and was going to have to start shooting.  

Long story short they helped me get the guy in handcuffs.

By first impression it was all bad, but in this instance over-reacting could have caused someone thier life.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2006, 10:54:01 AM »
I encourage Frenchy to continue using his common sense.   I'm sure he is fully capable of sizing up an individual.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2006, 11:12:31 AM »
Originally posted by dmf
Ok I'm only 24 , not 85, whats a pig in a poke?

Ooops.. missed that. Thanks Toad.

Ummm DMF, I ain't 85 either.. I just feel like it when i'm around my kids friends. ;)

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2006, 11:24:30 AM »
I thought a pig in a poke was havng sexual relations with a fat woman
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2006, 11:27:50 AM »
why am i not in the least surprised?

;)

...at home, or abroad.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2006, 02:32:41 PM »
concho...  I am not bald so do not do the shaved head thing..

I have tattoos and they are exactly what they appear to be.   They tell people exactly who I was... not am...was.   All the guys I knew with the same kind of tattoos were criminals just like me.  

We could be extremely nice and polite to people when we thought it was to our benifiet.

Someone here hit it right.   When I dressed the part and my tattoos were new many years ago....  I was (gasp) discriminated against.... I was stereotyped and discriminated against... and ya know what...

They were right.

Cop, criminal.... lots of similarities but both sides are left out of the others world even tho they touch.  Being a cop doesn't make a person understand criminals any more than being a criminal makes you understand cops except maybe in some small ways.

lazs

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2006, 02:36:47 PM »
What tattoo would that be Lazs?
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2006, 02:46:54 PM »
tattoos.   lightning bolts... FTW 1% some others that SS dagger etc..  

I got a really big dragon done to cover some of the worst.

It's not just cops who understand criminals.... sometimes it is criminals who understand criminals too.

lazs

Offline culero-at-work

• Zinc Member
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2006, 03:56:14 PM »
Originally posted by Meatwad
I thought a pig in a poke was havng sexual relations with a fat woman

That would be a poke in a pig.

culero (get it right!)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2006, 04:22:38 PM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
- I am a civilian, I have to discriminate to protect my familly, because when I make an error of judgement, I don't wear a gun on my belt.

So go buy a gun and put it in your belt.