Author Topic: Flying the P-47  (Read 1108 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Flying the P-47
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 06:13:42 PM »
Redtop, Bat and Biggles are all great jug drivers...as a squad we probably fly more jug sweeps then spitty sweeps.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Flying the P-47
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 07:08:56 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
If memory serves, the best jug performance I ever saw was Redtop in a D25 or somethin....he was on the deck in a 1 on 5 or so,  kilt a few of us, kept us ALL at bay or  LONG damn time--until then, I had no idea the jug could be an every-day fighter in MA (After all the time Ive been flyin em, I still have to rely on the N and its escape velocity, cant come near to doin some of the stuff I saw Redtop and some of the 56th guys do:aok )

Thanks bj229r,

I have a ton of fun in the Jug. I have a moment every now and then but for the most part....you and the ones I menttioned above whip me. It's a ton of fun and can do alot of things good but IMHO nothing GREAT.

As an MA fighter , it's outclassed by alot of planes. But when flown on the very ragged edge it can flat get busy with ALOT of fighters.

SgtPappy...learn Flaps , flaps , and more flaps. Learn throttle control and get used to the fact that you will be the first target among your buds. Funny , a high bogie will fly in and leave the 2 spits , 3 190's , 2 109's and 6 LALa's to find you in the only Jug , and YOU'LL be the one picked on first.

Seen it happen a ton of times.

keep all the dive speed you can get and until you become fairly proficient at flaps at throttle , OR just like mixing it up in impossible odds don't turn much.

I'm a terrible teacher.....As I said....seek out those I listed above. They have been more than willing to help me whether they knew they were or not. BluKitty has beat me so many times its not even funny. Same goes for YUCCA.

Best of luck....I prefer the D25 over the others , but each one of em I enjoy.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Flying the P-47
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 08:28:07 PM »
pfffff lol, thanks guys but i'm certainly not that great. i can hold my own but i'm still a noob compared to some of the guys i fly with. and i haven't won a koth outright this year i don't think, just some of the rounds :D

anywho, matter at hand, jaw, you seem to have quoted me and then agreed with everything i said ;)

the jug can be a fun little turnfighter at times too, down in the weeds at 100 mph in a slow scissors with a 109, now that's a fun and challenging fight. just don't expect to get out of a red crowd, as you suggested too :)

i think you missed what i was saying :)

darn i have a huge craving, i want to fly. not back home for a while :(

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
Flying the P-47
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 09:32:49 PM »
haha. I'm sure you're all much better than myself. With financial priorities in the way I'm not able to pay for online and I greatly miss the TA and good players, some of which I meet on a regular basis including TA57.

I wish to succeed in the P-47 since it wil help me fly my 3 favourite aircraft with great efficency - the P-38, The F4U and the Spitfire... but not the spix or F4U-1C ... don't look nice. heheh.

Thanks for the many tips all! I'll be sure to watch those vids humble. I learned a lot from the A-20 vs Ki-84 vid I saw in another thread a bit back.
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Flying the P-47
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 04:44:41 PM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
the p47 is a terrible energy fighter.

the p47 is a girl with a big fat arse. it's no energy fighter.

nononononono...you're thinking of the P38!!:rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Flying the P-47
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 01:05:38 AM »
Die.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Flying the P-47
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 10:02:46 PM »
Originally posted by Benny Moore
Die.
WTF kind of response is that?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Flying the P-47
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 07:17:38 AM »
Originally posted by bj229r
WTF kind of response is that?

short, and to the point :D

I think he was just peeved "Cap1" took a shot at his "beloved" 38. Us SAPP members know better than to riase to these guys bait. We all know how un-educated they are will show them how un-educated they are the next time we meet one in the air  :t

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Flying the P-47
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 03:10:27 AM »
Originally posted by Benny Moore
Die.

As a guy who likes the Jug...Ill say...bring it:)
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles