Author Topic: Successful weekend at the gun show  (Read 466 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Successful weekend at the gun show
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 05:37:03 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Yeah, one of the other guys in my club found a set of real ivory grips.  

Jerk.

:)

ROFL! Amazing how quick cruising a gun show with friends turns into a white hot competition for the best 'finds' and deals. Last time I went I found a NM marked garand op rod... felt like I'd found the holy grail. ;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Successful weekend at the gun show
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 12:22:33 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
When I lived in Honolulu I only saw one place for the public to shoot.  Is that really the case?  I never owned a gun while I lived there; are they stricter than other states?

One public range owned by the City and County of Honolulu, free for use by anyone (just make sure you bring your own targets, frames, etc.).  
http://www.khsc.info/

There are other ranges - private indoor ranges (like the Japanese tourist traps in Waikiki-yes many of these are "aimed" at Japanese tourists), and military (Kaneohe MCB, Schofield Barracks).  Obviously either you have to pay or have access or a reason to be on base.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 01:05:45 PM »
Schofield has a nice range.  I keep trying to tell everyone a private outdoor range in central Oahu would do well.  Course, finding someone to sell you land reasonably and then passing all the environmental impact studies you might as well be wishing for the moon.

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 07:32:57 PM »
I had a good weekend at the gun show also. I now have Mossberg model 500 Shotguns in .410, 20 & 12 gauges, and a model 835, which is a 12 gauge, overbored from .731 inch to .775 inch, and uses a 3.5-inch shell.

Interestingly, the recoil increases from the 32 foot-pounds of a normal 12 gauge to 71 foot-pounds of recoil in the model 835…. KICK ASS!

They are all older models with the better bluing that the newer matte finished guns, the wood tends to be of higher quality too.

Not real collectables, I bought them to use… I just like having all the guns match. They all feel the same until you pull the trigger. Maybe just a little obsessive-compulsive…. But I’m a happy nut.

I also use the 12 gauge with a .50cal muzzle loader barrel during deer black powder season.
My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.