Author Topic: Bring back dropping fuels to 25%  (Read 7849 times)

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Bring back dropping fuels to 25%
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 06:56:39 AM »
I really would like to see fuel limmits back in the game.

Though what Id like to see is that fuel doesnt stay down as long as it does now.

If fuel can be porked down to 25% but only stays down for 30 min the effect of one lone porker is quite small. You will be able to pork fuel at a base that you are attacking but porking the fuel deep inside enemy territory will have a much smaller effect.

Tex

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 09:28:28 AM »
Everyone we agrees we need strategic targets but when the motion is put forth, everyone backs away.

The reason seems to artificially prevent anything disrupting the furball.  

God forbid we cant take fighter hangars and bombers cant take up ordinance most of the time because some lone porker has porked them all in *straffing* runs.

I just think that the strat in this game is so terribly broken.  Fuel tanks were not hardened targets yet can never go below 75%...less we annoy some furballers flights.  Ordinance bunkers were, well, *bunkers* yet those can be downed very very easily.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 11:08:46 AM »
Wait, fuel tanks at a field are 'tactical' targets... granted, the lack of Strategic targets that do anything forces them to hit fields instead.

Seriously, I don't see the fun in hitting buildings... when have you see Toolshed (except in jest) or a building give you a in return? People log on to fly with and against living players, which are not available offline like all those buildings are.

Just my opinion, but this is what must be done...

1. Harden all targets at a field.

2. Make stategic hitting of targets soften fields slightly.

3. Get rid of the easy bombing mode we have now.

4. Either disable bomber formations, or enable formations of C47s with more of an affect to resupply a field.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 11:19:44 AM »
Originally posted by LePaul

Just remember you'll be seeing late-war planes with bigger fuel tanks almost exclusively if you get your wish.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline monteini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 12:29:35 PM »
a6m is not late war and dont we already see late war planes most of the time, lol.

Nick172

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 03:06:49 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Just remember you'll be seeing late-war planes with bigger fuel tanks almost exclusively if you get your wish.

Unlike now?

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006, 06:55:51 PM »

God forbid we cant take fighter hangars and bombers cant take up ordinance most of the time because some lone porker has porked them all in*straffing* runs.

The "furballers" aren't the ones doing the lame feild killing. It's actually the strat/war winner. Allowing fuel down to 25% won't stop the feild killer, he'll just grab a 51 or 47 and continue. The only people this will really punish are the guys who don't care about the war. The guys who want to fight other people in cartoon airplanes.

I don't understand why furballs are such a horrid thing to the building battlers? If nothing else, think of it as your fellow country men bravely tying up the enemy. They can almost be considered heros and should get a medal!

Bottom line LePaul, it sounds like you want this done so everyone has to play the way you like. Is 25% fuel nessicarily a bad idea? No. But I think if you go that route, fuel needs to be hardened a bit. It's already too easy to stop a fight, just kill the FHs with the lazer bomb site. Or as most do, just dive bomb some lancs. You're just wanting to make it easier for an already easy process. Now instead of someone having to take some slower moving bombers and put at least a tiny bit of time/effort into it, you want to move to the tiffy screaming in OTD at 400+ simply strafing the fuel tanks. No thanks.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006, 08:44:05 PM »
SuperDud, Im not trying to make anyone fly "my" way.  The game is advertised and touted as a strategy game (read the docs!).  Why things like ordinance can be straffed by a solo cannon bird, yet fuels can not.  I'm just asking that the strats be truly available as a target.  Why is a HARDENED AMMO BUNKER straffable down to nothing while a fuel tank isnt?

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »
Lets make it so hangars go down in one strafing pass too.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2006, 10:26:51 PM »
Unlike now?

There's some of us still usually fly "early war".

But make the fuel unusable and I'll get back in late war rides like a lot of others.

That's what you want I guess.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2006, 11:42:09 PM »
Paul got a point here, there is no reason to let the strafing of ammo bunker such  impact on bomber

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006, 12:01:33 AM »
Yes...make everything harder to kill...but make everything matter! As in what affect it has...and how long its down. Im not talking 10,000 lbs to kill a VH and have it pop up again 10 mins later.

~AoM~

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2006, 01:26:19 AM »
I think that's a reasonable compromise.

Yeah, make it so that strat and tac targets are harder to knock out. Fix the gaminess of Buffs (no more EZ mode bombsight and jabboing Lancs, etc) to make it require more patience and skill to use them effectively, but give THEM something back. So maybe it's much harder for them to make an impact, but when they DO, it's at least a telling one.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 02:48:44 AM »
Howabout this kind of proposal:

To drop fuel to 75%, you bomb the field and such. Ok, not too bad. To pork a sector of field bases to 25%, you can have bomb the fuel refineries or dumps. To protect them there will be more puffy ack and smaller-caliber guns for low-flying craft.

You know what that would inspire? DING DING DING bombing runs! At high alt! Because anything lower would be murder against a stronger gun defense, think of it of going against the equivalent of nearly 10 Osti's and 4 M-16s. Then there is the puffy ack.

You want to knock down the fuel capacity? Give it some hard work and you'll be rewarded! It would give a reason for patroling bomber interceptors along paths and routes to those refineries and dumps.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 08:14:50 AM »
Dont forget adding a plane factory while we are at it. Each day a perk plane takes its turn as the factory plane. If the factory is dead, it stays dead for 1 hour, making that plane unavailable.

~AoM~