Author Topic: Economy thread and BoB  (Read 233 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Economy thread and BoB
« on: October 12, 2001, 03:36:00 PM »
Ok Rip you right I was wrong... economy started tanking around 2nd quarter 2000.
 http://www.ny.frb.org/rmaghome/dirchrts/sec5.html

You need a pdf reader for these charts, they straight from the fed. I read ’em and wept.

I remember Sept last year when I had to go to Puna and get these lazy bellybutton hippies to come over and work for $25 an hour, plus time and a half after 8 hours... That was a job in and of itself. You’d think they’d at least give me a free bag of weed.

Yeah.. and...um...

In BoB what’s up with Lt. Compton? He seemed all bummed out during the movie. Capt Winters keep glancing over at him like asking “something wrong Buck?” I guess we find out later in a foxhole near Bastone, he got a dear John letter. Ahhh that’s it... thought maybe it was some shell shock.

For you guys not getting HBO, not to worry, all 10 eps of BoB will be out on dvd by Christmas.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Economy thread and BoB
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2001, 04:56:00 PM »
What episode are you upto over in the States?

BBC has just aired episode 3.

I liked it, and it isn't as sentimental as SPR.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Economy thread and BoB
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2001, 06:47:00 PM »
Ah Downing you must of just seen the Albert Blyth ep. Dday + 3.

He finally wonders into the assembly area 2 days later... wheres he been?... just kinda spaced out somewhere.

Later, after the battle in the town, he's in the aid station complaining of blindness. Lt. Winters (hasn't been promoted yet) kinda eyeballs him. Is this guy a section 8?

During the battle in the hedgerows Blyth is spinning around in his foxhole, has to be kicked into firing his weapon.. finally does and when we see the spent cartridge like a diamond, he gains his courage. After the battle, he walks over to the solider he killed and takes the man's adelvice flower Bad karma, your supposed to pick your own.
Tears welled up at the end when Pvt Marlarky now Sargent, picks up the laundry.. theres 64 bundles of laundry that won't be picked up.

We just finished ep 5, Bastone. Its through the eyes of a company medic Eugene Roe. He doesn't like to use anybody's nickname. We visit almost the entire company as he jumps from one foxhole to the next looking for supplies.
  Theres silence then incoming rounds, the call go's out "Medic!!!!" Roe's ears perk up like a pointer dog. He's off in a flash this time its a leg shrapnal wound.. First he's got to pull out the pieces of shrapnal before bandaging the wound. He's about to give the guy a shot of morphine but the GI says "save it for someone more injured doc" Wow! what an attitude these guys had.

He tells "Babe" about his grandmother being able to heal people using the power of Christ through her hands. Bringing a wounded solider into Bastone to a makeshift hospital, he mets a nurse who maybe has the same power.
  Waaaa I'll leave the rest cause you'll see it in a couple of weeks... suffice to say I have even more respect for medics. They did an excellent job.
10Bears