Author Topic: Quit whining about BIG BLUE ya gurlymen  (Read 2659 times)

Pepino

Quit whining about BIG BLUE ya gurlymen
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2000, 10:11:00 AM »
And the uber-list grows and grows...  

I believe Pony is one of the most (if not the most) survivable planes in MA. But It can be chased down. She has to be flown with skill and patience to rack kills without getting killed himself. She can disengage, but not at will, or can face some nasty surprise. She is not tough. Her weapons are average. She can not depend on snapshots. Lucky shots are just that.

Au contraire, C-Hog can be chased as well. Maybe easyer. She can be flown skillessly and carelessly and still rack kills. She can disengage at will except from a couple planes and forever (just give her a single ping snapshot window  ). She is tough as a brick. She has super-duper weapons with none of the flaws modelled. She excels in spray 'n pray. Except for some exceptions, she only depends on snapshots and HO. Luckyshots are each landed ping. She is not uber. She is Quakebird.

Btw., gurlymen fly C-Hogs. Real men confront them. Real courage is shown in zekes. Or C-202 peashooters  

Pepe.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2000, 10:16:00 AM »
So, lets play "What if"...What if they perk the F4U-1C...okay, then you guys will whine more about Nikis.  Then Niki's get perked.  Next in line is the Uber-Runstang.  Now the Runstang's perked.  "oh, that G10 is just too fast!"  Bingo, G10 is perked.  Next thing you know we'll all be flying C47's trying to B and Z an airfield protected by ack.

How silly you all look. LOL !

Pepino

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2000, 10:17:00 AM »
Like some other say, allow only M3 & Goons   . Of course, M3 perked.

Pepe

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2000, 10:21:00 AM »
Jeez, I hate to inject a note of common sense into these pointless discussions...

BUT......(and this point has been made several times before by more eloquent men)

Unless we all fly one type of plane, this discussion will never end. Is that the arena you want? One plane?

Then the "wah, wah! he's a hacker 'cause I can't do that in MY plane" will start.

So grow up and get over it.

Gimme a "G"...
Gimme an "A"...
Gimme a "M"...
Gimme an "E"

What's that spell?

"GET A LIFE!"

OK, Wardog...over to you...tell 'em what you always tell 'em.  (Because you are right and they need to hear it again   )

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2000, 10:28:00 AM »
Rip u keep trying but you are like AlGore.

Much ado about nothing.  No substance.

I tell you now I love the 1D, the N1Ks, the 38s, Jugs, Spits, Tiffs....109s, 190s...all of em.

Every plane in AH is awesome with one exception:

The Chog is a potato with syphilis.

Thats my own personal opinion and I feel as strongly about it as anything in this game.

Yeager  
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2000, 10:28:00 AM »
Bingo toad.  Either these guys really suck at ACM or they have no idea what 4 x 20's can do.  I am just as lethal in a FW190A8 as I am in the F4U, and I have relativly the same K/D ratio lifetime in both A/C..alittle better in the A8.  You hear that Ram?  

Pepino

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2000, 10:30:00 AM »
<Finally time for a cold one and a chair is arriving>

Ice

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2000, 11:07:00 AM »
The 51 will not be perked, so get over it!

Ice
13th TAS

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2000, 11:19:00 AM »
Well, then perk Ripsnort, hes overmodeled  
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2000, 11:37:00 AM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
You hear that Ram?    

I'd take a Chog and show you what can do a Fw190A5 driver with four plasma cannons, aswell. Or with a spitIX,with two, for that matter.

Happens that I dont fly planes I dont like. And, while the Corsair used to be one my favorite planes before coming to AH, now I only can hate it.

BTW I'm not surprised of your 32/1 K/D in P51. Last time I flew it full time I got a 3/1 K/d flying for fun and not to live (that means actually close fighting in it against multiple enemies, and not running for acks when I come co E with an enemy  ).

Truth is that I can't fly to live ,even to prove my point. Is too much boring  

I like to fly. I love to fight. Maybe that is the reason I like A5 over A8. With the A8 I can't kick prettythang in close fights, only BnZ.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 12-19-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2000, 11:40:00 AM »

Originally posted by gatt:
Well, then perk Ripsnort, hes overmodeled  

Far from it Gatt, and those that know me know that if there was an average baseline to measure pilot quality from, I'd be the baseline...joe Average.  If Joe Average can do that in a P51 (where most of my kills were under 20K) then the P51 is simply too uber for this arena.

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2000, 12:20:00 PM »
I fly the 109.     All planes are uber. The N1K2, F4U-C, YAK, P-51.

I kinda like the 109.  I manage to fly pretty well against others until I auger into the ground.  But I look good up to that part.

Actually the only thing that bothers me once in awhile is the C-Hogs ability to reach out adn "touch you".

I still believe there are only uber pilots, not uber planes. The one thing I have learned in this simulation is the ability to identify a uber pilot during the first few seconds of the melee.  

My two step process. Identify and run!

My survival rate has increased by not trying to be a hero.  
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2000, 01:29:00 PM »
109's uber, that's why I fly it.  Perk it and save me from myself.  Oh yeah, and Torque is a sissyboy (so I'm at least somewhat on the thread topic).

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2000, 01:39:00 PM »
You Chog Nintendo gaming dweebs are living in LaLaLand.  Come to think of it, AH is LaLaLand.

The Chog is so fediddleing full of BS its beyond funny.  No other fanatasy Creamer even come close to being as out-of-whack as that thing and anyone worth the salt on his balls knows it!

1.05 will see that damned thing fixed.

Mark my words.

Yeager

[This message has been edited by Yeager (edited 12-19-2000).]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2000, 01:40:00 PM »
The only thing that is uber is your use of your damned keyboards. Shut up and fly.
A plane is a plane, they are all heavier than air and some do things better than others. Not one of them holds all the cards. Not one of them is undefeatable.
I fly whatever I want, we all got the same planes to fly.
-SW