Author Topic: more oil found...  (Read 2912 times)

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
more oil found...
« on: March 15, 2006, 10:10:27 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4808466.stm

Now if we only had more refineries....

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
more oil found...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 10:41:09 AM »
10bn barrels? At the current rate of consumption, that's enough to meet US demand for 500 days.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
more oil found...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 10:51:50 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
10bn barrels? At the current rate of consumption, that's enough to meet US demand for 500 days.

So what the hell is your point?  It would be better if it wasn't found at all?  

...Christ.

Offline NattyIced

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
more oil found...
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 10:56:38 AM »
Beetle will ***** about anything that can result in him *****ing about the US.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
more oil found...
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 10:57:30 AM »
Probably less than that, considering I get 8 mpg when I've got the truck camper on the truck, and pulling my boat, which has two motors! :p

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 11:10:22 AM »
I will use a couple of barrels this summer trying to find new land beneath the sea with my propeller so you can count those out aswell.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
more oil found...
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 11:33:33 AM »
Well lets see, with the Con coming in June, plus 3 or 4 bowling tournaments and a trip to Nevada this summer, I would like to place my order for at least 10 barrels.  thanks much  :cool:

do they deliever or do I have to go down and pick it up.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
more oil found...
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 11:43:06 AM »
It ain't American oil...it's Mexican.

Vincente "Sly As" Fox is gonna use this as a barganing chip.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
more oil found...
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 11:43:33 AM »
How many gallons of gas does one barrel make? I think I can give Beet my gas usage estimate for this year! :D  Let's see, 6 baseball tournaments for oldest sons team with the truck and camper, 4 tournaments of my own in softball, a Montana trip, a Eastern WA fishing trip, and countless hours of watersports, a trip to Disney World (I'll have to calculate number of passengers divided by gallons of Av fuel used)...I'm positive I can get it down to at least a round number of barrels, Beet! :rofl

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
more oil found...
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 11:51:18 AM »
...on the other hand, that 10bn barrels would last the UK about 135 years. Woohoo - my (90 litre) boat trip can go ahead! :cool:  
do they deliever or do I have to go down and pick it up.
If you live in TX, it can be delivered. As you know, TX has everything - including delivery drivers like Jackall!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
more oil found...
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 11:57:30 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
How many gallons of gas does one barrel make?  
I think a "barrel" is 35 imperial gallons (= 42 US gallons). The amount of gas that can be made from that would depend on the grade of gas. AFAIK, much less crude is needed to produce a gallon of diesel.

8mpg to tow a little minnow like your boat? Sheesh... The boat I'm using is three times that size at 64ft. But on the inland waterways, you can't go very fast!

Still seems like piss-poor mileage. I have a friend who tows a caravan behind a diesel powerd Skoda Octavia, and gets 50mpg even when doing that. :eek:

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
more oil found...
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 12:15:33 PM »
I think a "barrel" is 35 imperial gallons (= 42 US gallons). The amount of gas that can be made from that would depend on the grade of gas. AFAIK, much less crude is needed to produce a gallon of diesel.

8mpg to tow a little minnow like your boat? Sheesh... The boat I'm using is three times that size at 64ft. But on the inland waterways, you can't go very fast!

Still seems like piss-poor mileage. I have a friend who tows a caravan behind a diesel powerd Skoda Octavia, and gets 50mpg even when doing that. :eek:

Truck camper weighs 3000 lbs. Tongue weight with boat on the hitch (21 ft. boat, 5,000 lbs.) is 520 lbs. GVW is 6600 lbs.  Yep, just 8 mpg at 10,000 lbs. GVW overall! But I can do 60 mph up a 6 percent grade without really mashing the pedal down too ;) (460 cu.inch Global Warmer)  It gets around 11 mph when not hauling a load. :aok

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
more oil found...
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 12:31:38 PM »

my boat's bigger
we have better cars here that run on disel
we get amazing better mpg
I WIN!!!
:rolleyes:
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 12:44:35 PM »
shut up brit.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
more oil found...
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 12:51:06 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
But I can do 60 mph up a 6 percent grade without really mashing the pedal down too
..and use six times as much fuel in the process!
:aok