Author Topic: Is this game still quite active?  (Read 622 times)

Offline Gish

• Zinc Member
Is this game still quite active?
« on: August 22, 2001, 02:25:00 PM »
I was wondering if this game is still quite active. A friend of mine pointed it out to me just a short while ago and it looks to be quite fun. Are there still lots of people playing? I'm only asking because all the reviews i've read are from over a year ago. This kind of game I can see myself playing alot, if there are others to play with.
Thanks

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2001, 02:34:00 PM »
There are over 150 people most evenings, more at weekends (North american time). So I'd say it is very active. We also get an updated version every few months (everyone is currently waiting breathlessly for 1.08 which should be out soon: it's going to add at leat 4 new planes, a new vehicle and trains).

You get a two week free trial, and Head-2-head play is always free. Give it a try, you ain't going to loose anything (apart from your wings  :D)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2001, 02:36:00 PM »
I used to live in Calgary.  :)

Uhm... hell yeah! Approx 170-200 people all flyin' and drivin' and floatin' about during the evening. It's also gonna get much busier when Fall kicks in. It's a blast - but don't take anyone's word for it.

Download the game and start an account. You'll have full access for two weeks. After your two weeks are up, they'll ask you for payment details... and if you don't want to continue, just stop playing. You don't have to give your credit card number or anything up front. Just download and play.

There's quite a bit to get used to so I'd suggest you wander over to the help section of the website and read up on a few things. There's also a training staff that you can arrange to get help from.

See ya up!

Offline Paxil

• Copper Member
      • http://marathontoathens.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2001, 03:08:00 PM »
Gish... you will never be able to forgive yourself if you don't try it... it is the sole reason I sit in front of my computer these days. Finest piece of software to grace my computer.... EVER. It is amazing in so many different ways... there is a line in the sci-fi movie Blade runner where near the end the android says something like 'If you could only see what I've seen through these eyes...' Well... that is what I think of when trying to describe it... I can remember a dog fight I had over 6 months ago!

One word of advice... stick with it... at first it can be difficult because you are getting shot down all the time and it is hard to completely understand everything that is going on... but it gets better and better, and you will improve. It takes *months* to get better and some pilots have spent years honing their skills in other sims. As in any group... there are annoying people out there in AH too, but someone will take you under his or her wing.

Best to you and yours and hope to see you online.

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2001, 04:57:00 AM »
I believe the line was: "If only you could see what I've seen, with your eyes".   :eek:  He was speaking to the sientist that grew the eyes used for the Nexus 6 adroids. Great movie, great sim.

You won't be sorry Gish, but you will die alot at first. Expect it. Another good line from the movie: "Time to die".  :D

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2001, 05:07:00 AM »
Heh, kinda funny thinking about him making a post titled "is this game still quite active?" a mere half hour before the servers went down. I wonder if he gave up checking back for any replies.  :)

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2001, 06:51:00 AM »
Um... the servers didn't go down.  The net went down.  :)  Somebody sliced up a chunk of fiber apparently....

Lephturn

Offline iculus

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2001, 07:08:00 AM »
Aces High is more active now than ever.  It's certainly worth looking into! :)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2001, 07:10:00 AM »
Itīs Alive!  ;)
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Gish

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2001, 10:26:00 AM »
Well then glad to hear things are active. I'm just finishing building my new machine so i'll for sure come and shoot you guys down.  :)