Author Topic: Well we seem to have some flight charactoristics to fix here  (Read 1634 times)

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
P 51 Comet
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 06:31:23 PM »
Seems the P51 has a burning issue now - never saw one burn and now saw 5 burning 51's in one day.   I take it something changed.

Too bad.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Well we seem to have some flight charactoristics to fix here
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 09:54:58 PM »
Originally posted by teufl
PS   JEEPS,   We knee no stinkin JEEPS!............:)

Yeah, all we need are stinkin fighters.:rolleyes:

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »
Nope, teufl is more of a porker than a furballer.... give us some uber 110!!!!!!! :D
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 01:33:52 PM »
Originally posted by Hammy
noticed that the la7 loses wings if u pull hard now at 380ias. never did this before.  

Woohooo! Wtg HTC!
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline teufl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 02:37:43 PM »
Well the list extends as i fly more planes.  Yes Gian you are the target drone for the WMs.  Off a CV which was going straight, I ditched(crashed) 3 f4u-cs.  I had changed nothing in what i was doing.  I havent ditched a chog in a year!   TALK TO ME DR RUTH!  Also now you even think of turning an A8, and the stall horn screams and bumps begin.  Well p38 seems to be ok, la5 seems to be ok(havent turned 1 going over 325 tho), the 110, well it is mentioned above.  AND gian I furball more than you think.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 The only 1 sure thing in life is that you will die, so make it a glorous death:D
It's not vulching, It's FIELD SUPPRESSION

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 05:03:09 PM »
Haven't been in too many high-speed dives with my 1-Hog yet since patch, (not much flying time lately) but are you telling me not only do Zekes and Ki's still not rip their wings in high-speed, high-G maneuvers, but now the Corsair DOES? :furious
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 05:17:44 PM »
Erm... I think the 190A-8 is better than ever... I think a lot of folks agree, as I've seen many many many of them in the virtual skies recently.

Offline teufl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 06:04:50 PM »
Krusty?  A poet and didn't know it?HAR HAR HAR :lol

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006, 07:33:42 PM »
Originally posted by Teufl

Yes, Gian you are the target drone of the WMs

The only 1 sure thing in life is that you will die, so make it a glorous death :D

That's what I'm doing every day, I day trying to give you some good kill.... and you don't appreciate it.... Lute told me he will kick me out of squad because I lower its K/D ratio.... :cry

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 07:42:27 PM »
Took the ar234 up last night, It was very nose heavy, took ages to achieve level flight. Also looking at the new charts for the planes the 234 is supposed to climb at 2500 fpm at sea level. Anyone been able to achieve that?
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 08:42:14 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Erm... I think the 190A-8 is better than ever... I think a lot of folks agree, as I've seen many many many of them in the virtual skies recently.

The 190A8 is back. It's pretty much all I've flown since the update and it's like Old Times (sniffle).

The Ta152 is still a FPoS, of course.

Offline teufl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 10:31:38 AM »
AWWWWWW now i'm hurt the TA is NOT a POS just a minor poop now.  Just flew the ta at GL, i can always get 4 kills, but maybe its my skill?(luck)  TA needs major revamp since non perk planes can out run(HELL)out do everything its can do......................yes im aware its a hi alt plane.  BTW I had 356 adware/spybot things happen since ive been here in BBS, so you talkers here beware......T        ........................IF it aint good stuff, then why you puttin it in the pipe?:(

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 12:43:58 PM »
Interesting about the "nose drop" on some aircraft.

Lately, had the opposite problem in an IL2.  For some reason I have been upping them a lot this tour.  Didn't notice the nose's tendency to rise until last night when it seemed nearly impossible to gently point it down at the target.  Recalibrated stick, same problem (and only with IL2).  Thought it was perhaps just me (still could be), but the nose drop complaints got me wondering.

Anyone else notice this?
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 01:51:22 PM »
Well, SOMETHING seems different about the dive model, 'cause I was actually able to dive out on a Spit V from roughly co-alt/E today in a Hog (Spit wasn't my concern, I've been doing decently against them this tour, it was the 2-3 buddies closing in). Used to not be able to do that, even against a V. Unfortunately for me, one of his buddies was in an ElGay and forced the fight.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 01:52:04 PM »
I noticed the same nose high tendency in the Ki84, which added to the right roll tendency that I had before, despite stick calibration, in almost every plane. In other planes there's the same nose up tendency, other have a nose down one... I thought it was a issue with the way joysticks are handled by the game, not a FM issue....

What's it, Hi Tech? :confused: