Author Topic: Axis and Allies  (Read 541 times)

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
Axis and Allies
« on: March 25, 2006, 08:39:57 PM »
I have never have fought in this areana.  Is it fun and wat do u do?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Axis and Allies
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 12:22:07 AM »
Originally posted by 68slayr
I have never have fought in this areana.  Is it fun and wat do u do?

This arena is historical, meaning that Axis forces fight Allied forces.  You don't have to worry that you'll be flying a P-51 against a Spitfire, for example.  In addition, we try to have settings that are a bit more realistic than those in the Main Arena.  Friendly fire will damage planes from your own side, that sort of thing.

The biggest difference between AvA and MA is that, while you can win battles for different fields, you cannot win the war.  If you destroy all of the other sides fields, it ruins the arena until someone comes in to fix it.  Please do not do this.

And welcome.  You will find that this place is a lot of fun.

- oldman

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
Axis and Allies
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 07:43:10 AM »
Thanks i'll have to stop in some time....are the sides lead by one person or is it a do whatever you want like in the MA?

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
Axis and Allies
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 04:37:36 AM »
A v A is POTENTIALLY the kind of game the more mature AH players are crying out for. Unfortunately, at least at uk evening times, there are sometimes 0 players in there and a maximum of about 5.

It is a real dissapointment to me that more people don't play in there. I can only conclude that the other side of the world players are in there more.

I don't know what to do about it because it is about the only thing that tempts me in AH these days given that TOD or whatever it is called these days seems a long way off.

Sorry that sounded like a whinge. I'll get me coat :rolleyes:

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Axis and Allies
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 07:30:44 PM »
The MA is fun, but to truly get a feel for flying....AvA is the way to go.  Then you see WHY the 109 was designed the way it was, why the American planes are feared...

To me it just gets silly in the MA with Spits vs LA's...  In AvA, there are historical matchups that make AH go beyond just a game...and sortof like reliving a piece of history.
P-47 pilot

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Axis and Allies
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 09:58:16 PM »
Originally posted by republic
The MA is fun, but to truly get a feel for flying....AvA is the way to go.  Then you see WHY the 109 was designed the way it was, why the American planes are feared...

To me it just gets silly in the MA with Spits vs LA's...  In AvA, there are historical matchups that make AH go beyond just a game...and sortof like reliving a piece of history.

What he said.............. Even if he is an Okie.;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
Axis and Allies
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 01:38:43 AM »
It was better last night:aok

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Axis and Allies
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 02:27:10 AM »
The historical matchups really highlight each planes strengths and weaknesses, much more than the MA setup does. You see what a plane could do against the types of aircraft it was actually designed to fight.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.