Author Topic: getting the job done!!  (Read 639 times)

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
getting the job done!!
« on: March 27, 2006, 01:35:10 PM »
Ok this goes to show why we stay low in bombers i know its going to start a whirlwind of yakking but i want some imput

last night Sunday 999000 and myself up bombers from a base and i wish i would have remembered which one but i dont hes17s im 26s (go figure) anyway alot of gvs were comming into our base our goal was to disable vh and cripple the rest as we fly torwards the rook base we encounter 2 fighters so we man the guns im thinking we are between 5 and 7 k anyway we prevail get to base i destroy vh get to givmes on the ground  im up to 3 kills 999000 is slower obviuosly he destroys 2 fhs left get another kill and looses 1 buff so by now we have 5 kills 1 vh 2 hngrs and are manning guns fast to make a long story short 999000 getys 5 kills and dies i get 4 air 2 ground

know heres the question did we do our job>???

many opinions say nope we tooloshedded it but this is a fun and really a as you would say our kinds=a furbal

anyway thought id give you our impression of a furbal beings noone ever says anything about dweeby buff runs till next buferun
THE NAME TATERTOT IS NOT FROM MY FAV FOOD !!!!!!

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
getting the job done!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 01:41:45 PM »
Nope you went to bomb and did, you fought off fighters to get there I see no problem with the mission as described.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
getting the job done!!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 01:43:21 PM »
You guys nailed the VH in your sequence, seems to put you miles above the average bomber pilot.  I'd say you did your job.

7k isn't bad low, either.  200', well, :D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
getting the job done!!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 02:46:46 PM »
ty we may not know alot of statagy but 1 thing we definatly try we dont always succeed but make a point of vh must go down first and formost even if ack kills us gvs will disrupt a mission no matter how big if the vh stays up,

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
getting the job done!!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 03:14:47 PM »
i wish i could understand your post fully tater.  problem is, its a few huge runon sentences.  

i think that you mission was successful, though.  if i read your post correctly, that is.

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
getting the job done!!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 04:15:47 PM »
I'd say job well done.  You took the VH out as a priority target and the FH's out as secondary targets.  The same task can be achieved at higher altitude course.  You posted to show why the two of you go low.  I assume you were indicating you got the job done faster by going low.

All in all, not a bad run.  :aok

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
getting the job done!!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 04:31:51 PM »
sorry casper i was never one to type well just think of it as a succeful mission next time ill spell check it:D

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
getting the job done!!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 05:13:06 PM »
As long as you don't kamikaze dive into your target anything is a valid tactic (as I see it).

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
getting the job done!!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 10:44:30 PM »
triple9 and tater in buffs should be ILLEGAL! or at least heavily perked....

Besides that: >S< and nice AAR... sounds like a fun mission to me :).

PS: i dont have trouble with dive bombing Buffs. Just try to be as close as possible when they auger - 3 free kills and no one bullet wasted ;).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
getting the job done!!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 11:03:24 PM »
My brain hurts from reading this, but, if you had fun, and your opponents also had fun, you win. BTW, 7k isn't low in AH.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline MIShill

• Copper Member
getting the job done!!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 11:17:17 PM »
The low trolling you two do for kills bothered me at first (probably because I don't have the skill to do the same) but you have taught me to be a better buff killer by being more careful and my k/d has improved. So keep it up. Your having fun & I value a kill on you or 999000 a lot more than most of my kills- I have to EARN them.
-MI- {Shillelagh}