Author Topic: New WWII Playing Card Game  (Read 266 times)

Offline MrSlim

• Copper Member
New WWII Playing Card Game
« on: April 01, 2006, 12:19:14 AM »
Sorry, shameless plug:)
http://www.triumphgames.com/

(Did alot of the artwork for it) :D

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 01:04:18 AM »
So tell us about it!  What are the basics?  Do you only need one deck for two players, or does each player need his own deck?  Is the deck customizable, or do you always play with the same standard deck?  How do expansions work?  Are there rare, uncommon, and common cards?

I'm plowing through the rules right now (yeah, I had a CCG phase back in the day), but you won't hook any fish without telling us something about the gameplay!

Nice artwork, btw.  :D

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 01:47:42 AM »
Chitty graphics ;)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline steve_daddy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 03:24:08 AM »
Greetings folks

Been a long time and I hope all is well. I was hoping to hold off announcing our new card game company until I communicated with Pyro and HiTech. I figured it might be considered tacky posting here since I haven't played Aces High in awhile, but I would like to send a complimentary deck to Pyro and Hitech just because of all the fun I've had with their games.

Tarmac, you ask very good questions and to be honest those are items that we missed when building the website and description of the games. We are going to update the website asap with further information. THanks!

To answer here...it's indeed a 2 player game and only 1 'base' deck is required. The base deck of 82 cards is not customizable...but when adding expansion decks then your new deck can be customizable. Basically you need 40 (approx) cards to play. If you have a 1942 expansion deck then yes you could drop the lesser cards that came with the base deck. Trust me the F2F isn't all that uber:)

WRT Common cards...well we decided to stay away from that along with we don't randomize our decks. You get the cards that you want and pay for. We figured the average player of our game is somewhat mature and doesn't want to spend a lot of time or $ trying to acquire the Mustang or P38L. As expansion decks come forth, then yes those newer cards will be more deadly when added to your deck.

Hope this help.

cheers
Steve
daddy

Offline MrSlim

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 11:52:15 PM »
Tarmac, i just work in the Art Dept.  I have passed your questions onto the quality control dept. ;)
Steve, I've been getting shot down in Aces High for a couple of years now so I think we are safe as far as posting:)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 12:48:17 AM »
I used to have those books that you chose a manuver and went to a certain page, showing a pic of each plane loc after the turn. Was alot of fun.

~AoM~

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 01:32:04 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Chitty graphics ;)

Frame rate isn't too hot, unless you are an expert dealer.