Author Topic: Rules for being a good Republican.  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Rules for being a good Republican.
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2001, 08:58:00 PM »

http://www.taipeitimes.com/news/2000/05/25/story/0000037415

"Two new biographies of Mao have recently been published. One is Mao Zedong by the well-known scholar and author Jonathan Spence; the other is Mao: A Life by British journalist Philip Short....

Both express their shock over the massive scale of turbulence incited by Mao. According to a figure quoted by Mao in Spence's book, about 700,000 landlords and counter-revolutionaries were killed in the "land reform movement" between 1950 to 1952. During the "Great Leap Forward" of 1960 and 1961, 20 million people died of starvation.

According to Spence, millions more died in the Cultural Revolution, while Short estimates the death toll at about 23 to 35 million.

Short concludes that Mao caused more deaths than any other political leader in world history. He says the sins of Mao were even graver than those of Stalin and Hitler."

Going to have to go some to top that, I think.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2001, 09:43:00 PM »
Weren't there even hints of cannibalism attributed to Mao?

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2001, 12:54:00 PM »

Originally posted by jihad:
Mietla asked:

Do you listen to him?

I used to listen to him, even read some of the propaganda he published.

I had a fairly high opinion of him until I figured out he was a liar and a piece of sub-human refuse.

you  seem to bit obsessed with a man. You are like Cato the Elder with his "delenda est Carthago", except that yours is "delenda est Limbaugh"