Author Topic: Drop tanks invisible  (Read 161 times)

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Drop tanks invisible
« on: April 04, 2006, 05:03:53 PM »
Im sure this has been mentioned before, as its been around for as long as i can remember. If you and your wingman originally load out the P51-D with drop tanks then fly a sortie, RTB and refuel/re-arm, once you have re-fueled etc the drop tanks are not visible to your wingman and you cant see his either, but they're 'on' as you can see your using them on the guages.
However, if your wingman dies and or doesnt re-fuel re-arm but instead grabs a fresh pony with droppies, and you re-arm and re-fuel on the pad he can then see drop tanks on your plane, and you can see his.

This happened last night there was 3 of us from my squad we all took off afresh with 75% gas and drop tanks for the long-haul, flew around a bit, killed some baddies, and then flew back to base to land, re-fuel and re-arm. My two squad mates re-fuel and re-arm, but i get a fresh pony from the garage (due to damage) with the same load-out (75%+DTs). Now we are all set, we take off.
I can see my two squadies drop tanks on their ponies(they re-fueled and re-armed), they can see mine (im in a fresh pony), but, heres the kicker, they cant see each others drop tanks.

So it seems if you refuel, you can't see anyone elses tanks who have also refueled. But if you grab a fresh a/c you can see the tanks on those who have refueled. Those that have refuled can always see fresh a/c's tanks.

Mud??
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group