Author Topic: RU Ready for RU846??  (Read 1267 times)

Offline RedShad_DD

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.devildogs.com/redshad/
RU Ready for RU846??
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2000, 10:39:00 AM »

Nevertheless, it's not an issue of inconvenience, but right of self determination.

If there was no such thing as abortion, would this mean a woman would have no say in "self determination"? LOL! We like to forget that there is a conscious decision made when one chooses to boink. It seems we are demanding that we have the right to all things pleasurable but refuse to take the corresponding responsibilities.

I will admit to being lured into this "New American" mindset, myself. I want to enjoy the thrill of combat and success in AH... NOW!!! But I am struggling with the frustration of the learning curve. A voice inside me says, "No! I want it NOW! I don't want to take on the responsibility and time commitment needed to start from scratch!"

But... this perceived right of instant gratification cannot be granted by a government nor has it been given us by our Creator!

RS :::not mentioning all the whining and crying I've done on our squad bbs::::

[This message has been edited by RedShad_DD (edited 10-09-2000).]

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
RU Ready for RU846??
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2000, 02:23:00 PM »
LOL

Abortion wasn't even an issue until women started to get uppity and ask for equal rights.  THEN the conservative elements SUDDENLY discovered the HORROR of abortion and began their fanatical campaign against it.

Funny that they didn't care before 1850-1875.  And yes, abortions did occur before 1850.

The next step after they ban abortion is to start working on banning birth control.  If we let them move at all on the abortion issue, that'll just give them the leverage to start on the rest and its downhill from there.  (Looks like the consevative arguements about gun laws, doesn't it?  It is also just as valid, which is to say not at all).

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
RU Ready for RU846??
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2000, 02:26:00 PM »
Red, yer missing the point.

If the woman actively does not wish to become pregnant, but the unforeseen happens, the issue at hand is the right of self determinationn. Even *if* she willingly gets pregnant and later regrets, the issue *still* is right of self determination.

The only creators I have are myself, my mother and my father. Describing abortion as instant gratification is neglecting to take into account the physical and emotional stress that such a proecude carries with it, not to mention stigmatization.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline RedShad_DD

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.devildogs.com/redshad/
RU Ready for RU846??
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2000, 03:55:00 PM »
Ooops... wasn't refering to abortion but rather the boinking.  

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
RU Ready for RU846??
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2000, 04:40:00 PM »
If you look through history, abortion has been present a long, long time (whether we like it or not), and I think I'd prefer women to have them in a safe environment rather than some back-alley joint. Banning abortion will just make it go back underground.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
RU Ready for RU846??
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2000, 05:35:00 PM »

Originally posted by StSanta:

Calling something that early in development an unborn baby is like calling an egg and sperm combination for an unborn baby.

Mastubration kills millions. Menstruations too, following this logic.

Ummmmmm no. The sperm/egg *combination* will normally result in a human being.

Sperm and eggs individually wont ever be anything more than sperm and eggs untill their respective owners make an effort to put them tegether. If they choose not to combine them, fine, nobody will force them.

I dont see the difference whether u kill it when its a amorphous blob or when its coming out of the womb. Either way you're halting development of a human life. Admittedly its alot uglier when there's miniature body parts to be disposed of.

Now who wants some green eggs and sperm?

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
RU Ready for RU846??
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2000, 06:03:00 PM »
As I said, "egg and sperm combination".

Reread what you've quoted  .

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
RU Ready for RU846??
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2000, 06:49:00 PM »
Santa,

I was saying that the two statements do not follow the same logic at all.

Apparently for you, a sperm/egg combination (after conception) is no different from an individual sperm or egg.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
RU Ready for RU846??
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2000, 04:47:00 AM »
Either you're on purpose misreading me or you're refusing to interpret what I write appropriately.

ANY sperm/egg combination is a POTENTIAL human being. A zygote is a POTENTIAL human being. A fetus is a POTENTIAL human being.

Remove a sperm or an egg, and you *reduce* a *potential* human being.

Which is why I don't think placing more emphasis and importance on potential, rather than the actual, is a good idea. I deal with reality, with what is, not with "what can/could have been".

I a just taking this potential issue to its extreme logical end.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"