Author Topic: The Blue Knights and you.  (Read 18417 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
The Blue Knights and you.
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2006, 06:26:33 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
The BKs.
Best dang bomber squad in AH.

Seeing that Morph is absent at the moment ....

YA CHIGGER FLICKER !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2006, 06:32:37 PM »
:D

CHigGa FliGa.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2006, 06:44:59 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Okay, now I'm really stumped. Who are the good BKs, and how do they act in game? I never see the BKs chest thumping, I never see the smack talking, I don't see any banter that is on par with anything else you'd commonly see on 200.  We don't get personal, we don't talk **** about familiies, or handicapped people, etc. We don't fill the buffer with talk about homosexual acts, or degrade women.

Were I to post, in here, the things that I or any of the BKs receive via PM or private vox in game, my post would immediately be edited, if I could even find ways to spell those words without tipping off the filter.

I just don't get it. I can understand that there were always be rivalries and conflicting personalities, but nothing near the scale that's being suggest, and I just don't see how we could have ruined the game.

Anyone have a story to share, or in some way prove any of their statements about us? With the exception of lute, I don't recognize any of the IDs who've said we are the problem, so I'm curious as to what it is that turned you against us.

Only BK I ever pm'd in game was Morpheus.  I had gotten Wax's Nextel DirectConnect number.  Morph ignored me.  I moved on.  

Your first paragraph is evidence of a troll hub.  Think on that one awhile bud.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2006, 07:13:03 PM »
I, personally, do not see where the Blue Knight's have ruined anything or are ruining anything......with that said I could invision Lute's perception on the situation and see how it could be feasable maybe.......

I have flown against and along side just about every single Blue Knight, and it is a pleasure either way, against them, you get some of the best fights you will ever have, alongside them you couldn't have any better wingmen, except from someone from your OWN  personal Squad......

there have at times been FEUDS, and prob will be others, maybe/maybe not......

but that is just how things go in this world........

as for saying:
I think the BKs as a squad have a huge amount of potential to lead this game and new players into a great direction. Right now its seems that their intelligence and skills are going to no use. But thats their choice and thats how they choose to play.

I do not buy into this!  The BK's ( most of them ) are always willing to lend a hand helping, teaching, showing a new comer as well as a long timer a maneuver, a series of BFM/ACM, and work with people.........  They do not go around like some, "Chest Thumping" about how good they are and they can help you get good too..., they do not draw attention to themselves in this instance,  but if you ask them , they will 99% of the time be more than willing to work with a person.

for the many who have been here forever, you should know why Ren feels the way he does, rivalry/feud  who knows, but this one isn't just skin deep  ROFL......

outside of all that:  the original Blue Knights ---> were low key
the BK's (with 13TAS mixed in) are more openly vocal and then the others that came in to their fold........were even more vocal, so that is why the BK's of present seem to be always posting every where, before if you go back to say 2001/2000  the BK's were not like this,  is my take on all of it anyway.

and I am not biting on anything!!!:aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2006, 07:29:48 PM »

I
I do not buy into this!  The BK's ( most of them ) are always willing to lend a hand helping, teaching, showing a new comer as well as a long timer a maneuver, a series of BFM/ACM, and work with people.........  They do not go around like some, "Chest Thumping" about how good they are and they can help you get good too..., they do not draw attention to themselves in this instance,  but if you ask them , they will 99% of the time be more than willing to work with a person.

My fault, my conclusion was under-developed.
My point was not that they go around chest thumping. I hardly think any of them do this. They do help out players in need.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2006, 07:30:06 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Only BK I ever pm'd in game was Morpheus.  I had gotten Wax's Nextel DirectConnect number.  Morph ignored me.  I moved on.  

Your first paragraph is evidence of a troll hub.  Think on that one awhile bud.

The occasional, "hey, u got a minute?" PMs are nothing.
The kind of thing I'm talking about I don't dare post; suffice to say, it is material of the caliber that will immediately get one's chat privs removed, and maybe one's account deleted as well.

It's not a troll at all. It's exactly what I've said it is.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2006, 07:38:20 PM »
Originally posted by MrMouth
LMAO at the edit!!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

LMAO @ the PNG!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2006, 07:39:52 PM »
Honestly guys, this isn't a troll. At first even I thought it was. That or hub had stopped taking his meds. But after reading this thread and thinking on it, I think it's an excellent question. It does seem that just having ++Teh Blew Nite++ affiliation automatically gets hostility and "furball" label.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2006, 07:40:56 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
LMAO @ the PNG!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just saw that:lol :rofl :lol :rofl
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2006, 07:56:21 PM »
The occasional, "hey, u got a minute?" PMs are nothing.
The kind of thing I'm talking about I don't dare post; suffice to say, it is material of the caliber that will immediately get one's chat privs removed, and maybe one's account deleted as well.

It's not a troll at all. It's exactly what I've said it is.

My bad hub.  I apologize.  Personally, I enjoy flying around you guys.  It forces you to make enemy aircraft EXPLODE or get an assist.   :D
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: The Blue Knights and you.
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2006, 07:57:28 PM »

So, anyway, what do you really think of the BKs?

Any friends of Bojo's is a friend of mine.  Honestly, the Blue Knights are nothing more than a bunch of guys that like to have fun in game and on the boards.  If what they say or do get people's panties in such a bunch then maybe it's time those people take a step away from the game until the realize it's just a game.

Every flight sim game I've played has had squadrons like this.  In AW there were squads like The Damned, The Shills, +Nomads, 479th FG...in WB it was squads like The Flying Pigs or MOL.  Squadrons like those and the BK don't detract from the game but make the game more colorful and the community as well.

BK's :aok

Ack-Ack
479th FG
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2006, 08:24:15 PM »
BK's.

not to many like em, when you they show up in the MA, you've got a fight on your hands.  they are a lot of fun to fly with and against.  

at times i would say you guys are a bit outspoken on the BBS and 200.  on the other hand i feel like you "call them the way they see them."  sometimes BK's fan the flames and nudge threads in different directions.

from my pov, i don't see how this is that much different from everyone else here on the BBS, it's just they have very active members here.  many times i think the BK's are not as "serious" as some other posters about certain subjects, then again we are talking about cartoon planes here:)

like i said earlier, i love flying around the BK's on either side.  they keep nme off your tail on one side, and give you a great fight on the other....what's not to like:)
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2006, 09:38:35 PM »
Hmmm...

You know, I've never run into a BK who wasn't willing to drop everything to take me into the DA and show me some tricks.  I've never run into one who made fun of me when I messed up in there, and I've never run into one who wasn't completely cool with it when I held my own or beat them.  Basically, for all the flak you guys get for having big egos, I've never run into a BK member who, at least 1 on 1 in the DA, actually did.

Same goes for the AoM crew.  Maybe a year or two ago, this whole thread could have been about them, yet I've drawn the same conclusion.

That said, how many people really give you guys a shot like that?  I mean, how many of your detractors actually spend some 1 on 1 time in the DA with you?  I'd bet not many.  Heck, if they did, they wouldn't be detractors anymore.

Despite this, I do have to say I can see where Lute is coming from.  If only because of my own experience breaking into flight sims with AW3 when I was 14.  Look, I know this sounds stupid, and as one gets older they think the idea is truly embarrasing, but young kids that are starting this game really do look up to you guys.  I know I used to look up to the acknowledged good sticks - want to tag along, or emulate them, etc.

And you know, the good sticks back then were the same as the good sticks now.  They'd have the same inside jokes and smacktalk, and kids like me wouldn't get them, so we'd go running our mouths and basically be annoying brats.  Same process happens today.

I'm not saying the BKs are exclusively to blame, anyone who "gets it" is, to some extent, probably guilty.  Still, I certainly think Lute's idea is plausible.

I dunno.  I know it can be fun to fan a flame for awhile, but maybe when you all get someone who's obviously new all worked up, you should try and fill him in that you're just kidding afterward.  The whole thought that if they're going to get upset about it they should remember it's just a game is a good point.  However, I don't necessarily think that attitude (from anyone) will really help the community. Shrug.

S!
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Gato

• Copper Member
      • http://catzman.blogspot.com
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2006, 10:00:55 PM »
Hub

I have to say, in the game I have never had a problem with any BK.  I have flown along side and against you.  They have all been fun (even when I go down in flames).  :aok

Now, on the BBS, that is a different story.  People play the game differently and have many different views on things.  Some of these things seem to get on the nerves of some members of the BKs.  So to stop the tread, they seem to try and hijack it or make comments out of line to the subject.  THIS, I think is wrong, but then that is only my opinion, and we all know what those are worth.

I guess you could say the game and the BBS are two sides of a coin, just as furballers and toolshedders are.  They both serve the community and can/should be able to stand side by side.  

In short, you can say the BKs are "the good, the bad and the ugly".  But then any squad worth anything is, to some extent.

I hope what I have said makes sense to you.  I must say, I didn't read the entire tread and may have missed a point or two, but I get very tired of the "Us V. Them" tirades when that is not the subject at hand.

This from a non furballer, at least most of the time.  lol

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2006, 10:04:43 PM »
Okay, now I'm really stumped. Who are the good BKs, and how do they act in game? I never see the BKs chest thumping, I never see the smack talking, I don't see any banter that is on par with anything else you'd commonly see on 200. . . . . .

I just don't see how we could have ruined the game.

Anyone have a story to share, or in some way prove any of their statements about us? With the exception of lute, I don't recognize any of the IDs who've said we are the problem, so I'm curious as to what it is that turned you against us.
First, my observation about this thread:  I notice that most people who have responded that have interacted with you in the game say they "get" you, you're great guys, etc.  I will have to take them at their words, because I don't believe I have ever had the pleasure.

But as for the boards, just take a look at this thread.  You have (presumably) posted a serious question.  Others have posted serious replies.  What have your squaddies done?  In most cases, tried to turn the whole thing into a joke.  They post, contribute nothing, and yet attempt to demean others.  In this particular thread, they are "attacking" only you and each other.  This is not always the case.  I have seen plenty of threads where a BK is given the old #4.  Being the only contact I and I am sure many others have ever had with any of them, it is natural to assume they conduct themselves the same way in the game.

Since most of you use the same avatar, it is far too easy to confuse you all with each other.  Wasn't too long ago I think all of you had the blue heart only.  Recently some have switched to other things, but except for Dedalos you really have two themes going even today.  Therefore, when one of you steps out of line or offends on the BBs, it is easy to paint all of you with the same broad brush.  I plead guilty to my own intellectual lazyness in this respect.  I see the avatar, not the name.  (One of those darn blue-heart trash talkers posting again.  What kind of drivel are they spewing this time?)

My "story to share":  I played this game quite a while before even finding out the boards were here, let alone actually checking them out.  When I did, one of the first threads I posted in was when someone asked about the strat system, i.e. did hitting strategic targets, i.e. the city, factories, training camps, etc, have any impact on the game.  Several helpful folks were trying to answer the question.  

Then this post comes out of nowhere, complaining about "strateeeegerists ruining the game".  Then another one right after saying something to the effect that all the bomber pilots should quit ruining everyone's fun by dropping fighter hangers.  No one anywhere until that point had said a single word about hangers.  Some, myself included, tried to get the thread back on topic by explaining that we were talking about the strat system, not the hangers, and that bombing the strategic targets had nothing to do with furballing, and could not impact them in any way.  All that came back was that all the "Strateegerists" should basically go to H E Double toothpicks, that bomber pilots were skill-less dweebs, etc., and quit ruining "everyone's fun".

The thread was at that point totally hijacked into a furballer vs toolshedder debate.  No amount of prodding, no logical argument, could bring it back.  You couldn't make a logical argument, because the argument itself was illogical.  At least one, and I believe both initial hijackers were BKs.  But before the thread had run its course, it seemed every BK had come on at some point with some demeaning comment toward someone, generally running in the line of "fighters=good, bombers=dweebs".

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.  Your squad left a doozy with me.  I am sure you left a simliar poor impression to the new player who asked his first question on the boards only to get flamed.  Ditto any new player who reads the boards for the first time to see the flaming begin.  Fairly or unfairly, every little whine and rant about furballing, any polk at another player (even if meant in jest), every pile-on, every #4 received by a BK since then has only added to that impression.  And I have observed precious little to move the needle in the other direction.

Thats as honest as I can make it.  Take it for what its worth.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 10:09:26 PM by E25280 »
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."