Author Topic: Petition to return the DA to a no killshooter arena.  (Read 2283 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Petition to return the DA to a no killshooter arena.
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2006, 03:15:02 AM »
superdud summed my feeling up pretty well.

and Hitech, i can assure you with the highest integrity, Dedalos was certainly not one of the problems (except when he beat me).
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2006, 04:02:10 AM »
Originally posted by ClevMan
HiTech, if I may, let me give an example of a situation that occured a month or so ago.  My squad, The Air Raiders, is up to have their monthly squad competition (which, at the time, was going to be a GV battle).  A month or so previous to that, my squad CO, Lambo, and I went into the tanking section to check out the layout of the DA TT for the competition.  It was perfect.

Well, we went in there the night before the comptetion and, of course, killshooter had been turned on.  The spawns into the TT were both Bishop, I believe.  Thus, the point of having a GV battle was moot.

I guess my question is, can the TT be set to two different countries spawning into it, or would that be more trouble than it's worth?  We wound up not doing the GV battle, in hopes Killshooter would be turned off.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and

Agreed that the tankers should have 2 countries to fight from.  Good idea.  Should probably be changed.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2006, 04:17:20 AM »
yeah, i fully agree, HT should re-make the DA map to cater for one squad and not do a far more simple thing which would equally help that squad out and make everyone else happy

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2006, 01:30:15 PM »
I think most of you know my vote, which is to give us back the old DA.  

Now I've been on AH exactly one year, and the old DA was what I knew when I started and was part of what I was paying for at the time, though I had know way of knowing it was "unintended usage".  Whether HT intended it or not, they provided it, they allowed it, and were perfectly willing to let me think it was part of the 'package' and let me pay for it.  

Now they take it away in a very unfortunate manner and say it wasn't intended to be used that way as justification.  People seem to be unhappy about this left and right, but they still don't seem to care.  I find that very unsatisfying and believe they are now just being stubborn about changing it back.

All this means that for quite a number of their customers, they have significantly diminished the enjoyment of the game, and reduced the incentive to keep paying for it.  Probably not to the point of mass exodus, which is the only thing I suspect that would make them care.  Still, some people may get tired of the game sooner than they otherwise would because one enjoyable element of the game is no longer available.  Seems like a very counter-productive  business plan to me.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006, 09:41:44 PM »
Originally posted by VIC
:aok  I bet you had to think about that response.
I'm sure that was meant as a constructive comment.
As you once said"It's my house"
True but remember ,who helps you to keep the lights on.

:aok :aok :aok  :aok :aok
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2006, 11:03:20 PM »
I can't pwn my unsuspecting teammates, I'm quitting

Offline Alpha81

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2006, 12:16:29 AM »
1 Vote for changing it back
"it's a fire mister, and every fire is dangerous"

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2006, 09:30:25 AM »
I miss our squad ffa's there . i  have no reason to go there anymore

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2006, 01:56:16 PM »
dont worry booz, with your vote we can help you regain your place in the da l33tvulching ladder :p

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2006, 03:33:45 PM »
One more vote for killshooter off.

If you leave killshooter on, then at least fix the map. Make opposing fields belong to different countries and move some fields closer.

Originally posted by hitech
Think of it much more as I tolerated the behavior in the DA by you and others untill it went overboard.
Are you saying that Dedalos and other DA regulars (that includes me) were the real problem?

Talk about adding insult to injury...

Offline Juno

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2006, 04:39:25 PM »
Another vote to change it back I don’t know what happened to make them change it in the fist place I took a little break from flying and when I come back my favorite room is all messed up so please change it back the best room in this game is the dueling room or at least it was

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 09:00:49 AM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
thats pretty much what it was at the end.... nowhere near a duel ing arena.

Wow ... if I remember correctly, you cancelled your account quite some time ago, so how would you know ... "thats pretty much what it was at the end" ... ?

It still was a duel ing arena in every aspect that it was originally designed for ... but it became something more with killshooter on.

The MA has sucked so bad as of late, I was beginning to spend more and more of my time in the DA to quench my dogfighting thirst and found that with killshooter on ... I could get twice, if not three times more duels in than if killshooter was off.

An advantage of the previous setup, was that I could very easily pick who I wanted to duel, due to the fact that I could see their name. You simply lift, extent (get some speed), turn around and check-six who you might want to fight. Once that fight ended, and if I was the victor, I could then repeat the above ... so on and so on. The person that I just dueled could lift and we could be back into a fight within 30-60 seconds ... rinse and repeat. It was great.

My preference was to pick pilots that I felt were of my same caliber or better, and not club the noobs. If a noob did check-six me, I would be more than happy to fight them and take into consideration their ability and try to make the fight longer and more meaningfull for them. When the fight ended, we could discuss what happened over "range" vox, without having to tune to this and that radio. With the current setup, all the above is gone.

Other squads have voiced that squad KOTH or furballs are defunct now cause of killshooter off ... that's a shame. We (BKs and 13th TAS) have done that many times ourselfs and it was a blast. You pick one of the high alt bases, lift, drop off the edge of the cliff, gain instant fight speed, and have at it ... all within 30 seconds ... doesn't get any better than that. This allowed the furball to be consistenly and constantly fed due to the fact that each person could get back into the fray in a very short amount of time.

Current settings means you have to fly a few minutes to get back to the fur, and if you just happen to die within the first 30 seconds of rejoining the fur, you now have to fly all the way back again ... boring and it sucks.

I just find it hard to believe that HTC could not find some reputable people who did/would spend a good amount of in the DA to moderate it ... so that those who didn't play nicely with others, could be handled just the same as they are in the TA if they don't play nicely. That would have solved the problem. HT/HTC decided to take the path of least resistance ... on one hand I can see why he did what he did ... on the other hand, I wish he did take the time to really work the problem for the greater good.

Killshooter back on would be good.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 09:08:09 AM »
See Rule #2, #4
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 04:00:47 PM by Skuzzy »
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006, 01:26:41 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
If a noob did check-six me, I would be more than happy to fight them and take into consideration their ability and try to make the fight longer and more meaningfull for them.  

a very good point, and one that i'd bet the majority of older players would have adheared to when in the DA. The problem was only ever noobs disrupting noobs. Or sometimes noobs in 163s messing up private events.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
See Rule #2, #4
:eek:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 04:01:09 PM by Skuzzy »