Author Topic: Petition to return the DA to a no killshooter arena.  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Petition to return the DA to a no killshooter arena.
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2006, 01:45:01 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
An advantage of the previous setup, was that I could very easily pick who I wanted to duel, due to the fact that I could see their name. You simply lift, extent (get some speed), turn around and check-six who you might want to fight. Once that fight ended, and if I was the victor, I could then repeat the above ... so on and so on. The person that I just dueled could lift and we could be back into a fight within 30-60 seconds ... rinse and repeat. It was great.
the problem with that unwritten "rule" is how do you learn it? back when i was flying i had no clue about it, spent 15 minutes in the DA typing on 200: "anyone want to duel?" with no responses even though 25 were in the arena. i know others did not know that "rule of engagement" for a long time also. i gave up on the DA because i could never find a fight that wasn't the "furball"

yes you got your fight every minute or so, which to you is ideal. to some, the DA was meant to settle 1-1 grudges, teaching, or whatever, but not necessarilly a semi-organized furball. trying to go in there and do a 1-1 from what everyone was posting here is that it would get interrupted by n00bs or whatever. there was a total loss of control on all sides of the coin it would seem. HT lost control of what he wanted the DA to be, and the DA regulars lost control of their own restraint. not to be disrespectful, but you were thrilled you could get that many quick fights. yeah for you. there is something to be said for patience. when i did duel in there 1-1 as opposing countrys i never waited to fight, other than picking the common plane. there was like i said previous, maybe 2 minutes flying towards each other before the merge. anyway, just because some were able to morph the DA into their "dream" arena, it still doesn't negate the fact some wanted something else from the arena. obviously from HiTech's post i am guessing he wanted something else there too.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2006, 02:07:13 PM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
just because some were able to morph the DA into their "dream" arena, it still doesn't negate the fact some wanted something else from the arena.
The fast paced duels were at one, two fields. All other fields were free for those who enjoyed "transit" time more than the fights...

Why do you think HTC is going to implement time/space warps into ToD? For the sake of realism or maybe because players have better things to do than watch E6B for an hour?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2006, 02:13:11 PM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
the problem with that unwritten "rule" is how do you learn it? back when i was flying i had no clue about it, spent 15 minutes in the DA typing on 200: "anyone want to duel?" with no responses even though 25 were in the arena. i know others did not know that "rule of engagement" for a long time also. i gave up on the DA because i could never find a fight that wasn't the "furball"

yes you got your fight every minute or so, which to you is ideal. to some, the DA was meant to settle 1-1 grudges, teaching, or whatever, but not necessarilly a semi-organized furball. trying to go in there and do a 1-1 from what everyone was posting here is that it would get interrupted by n00bs or whatever. there was a total loss of control on all sides of the coin it would seem. HT lost control of what he wanted the DA to be, and the DA regulars lost control of their own restraint. not to be disrespectful, but you were thrilled you could get that many quick fights. yeah for you. there is something to be said for patience. when i did duel in there 1-1 as opposing countrys i never waited to fight, other than picking the common plane. there was like i said previous, maybe 2 minutes flying towards each other before the merge. anyway, just because some were able to morph the DA into their "dream" arena, it still doesn't negate the fact some wanted something else from the arena. obviously from HiTech's post i am guessing he wanted something else there too.

Just goes to show that you are relying on what you percieved from posts and what you knew (in the past) about the DA, as opposed to what was really going on.

When entering the DA, everyone ends up in the A1 tower ... that is typically where all the fights orginated from ... those fights that I described above and that is the field that the problems were found.

It wasn't a question of no one knows the secret handshake ... do it wrong once and you were given the benefit of the doubt, and then told how to do it. The problem was those that were told (politely) numerous amounts of times ignored each and every person that TRIED to tell them how to do it correctly.

1 v 1 were getting disturbed at A1, not the other fields. If I checked-sixed you, and you and I were dueling from 5000 ft AGL to 500 ft AGL, some newbtard would zoom in on our fight and pick the easiest one ... not fun and it pissed people off ... and guess what ... that can still happen in today's DA. Any tard can tell when 2 guys are going at it ... and most with an IQ above 70 could surmize that maybe they should stay away or above the action and watch until it concluded ... yet some refused to do just that.

If people wanted to settle 1 v 1 noodle measuring matches ... if they wanted private dueling instructions ... there were/are more than enough other fields to do just that. You want to go to another field and climb out for an hour or so before engaging ... you could have done it and can still do it. What went on at A1 in no way disturbed the rest of the arena.

Bottom line is that the DA still did and does accomodate those types of fights ... we would just like it to be a place where it can also accomodate the "other" types of fights too.

You weren't there.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2006, 02:20:56 PM »
See Rule #4, #5
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 03:59:18 PM by Skuzzy »
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2006, 02:27:23 PM »
H2H is a better place to learn... Da is full of hot heads and kids..

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2006, 02:33:01 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
:cry
i dont care if i dont fly now, until a few months ago when finances went to **** i flew for over 3.5 years, and for more than a year the DA was usless except for what you describe, multiple @ 1 base, chk 6 then fight and get cherrypicked by some dork.

i went in there as JB73 a few times, ALOT as my shades SCHM0E when i had that one, and then more Mustaine before i ditched the 73 CPID. i had another shades for a while but for the life of me can't remember the CPID... but that one went in there too.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2006, 03:15:29 PM »
Ahh JB, that explains why it was useless to you

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2006, 03:44:22 PM »
Maybe you can set a "take control" function on certain bases, where someone can take control of a base, each person can only take control of 1, and they can limit flight from that base.

use a gui like the take command of cv interface.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2006, 03:47:20 PM »
Oh... and i almost forgot.

i set a H2H arena once, where it was check 6 only rules, i was fighting someone, and HT joined, right before he left he cherrypicked me mid fight :mad: :mad: :furious :mad: :D
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2006, 10:10:13 PM »
'take control' funtion would be awesome, great idea furby.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2006, 10:52:30 PM »
I say leave it like it is. and if possible table any further arguments/discussins/ debates/whines/complaintes ect till AFTER combat tour is out and HT and co can work without these distractions.
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2006, 11:42:06 AM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd
I say leave it like it is. and if possible table any further arguments/discussins/ debates/whines/complaintes ect till AFTER combat tour is out and HT and co can work without these distractions.

:rofl An other one that has never been in there, yet has an opinion of how the DA should be.  Why do you care if you are not using it?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Eagle Eye

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2006, 12:49:08 AM »
change it back please please

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2006, 02:02:34 AM »
My first month playing i spent in the old DA and it was the only reason i subscribed and if it wasnt for the squad i found the day after KS was turned on
i would have quit. The MA is fun but its the only place there is to go now that the DA is a ghost town. the DA is now an appointment only arena but it was always an appointment arena there were tons of other fields besides a1 you could go with another person. but a1 was the place to go to meet new people and make new friends.

My vote is definitly to change it back.
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2006, 01:13:47 PM »
The other night, a couple rooks were complaining that they were not winning many dogfights, so I offered to take them to the DA and help them out a little bit.  I am nothing special, but I am able to provide a foundation on which to build.

Do you realize the difficulty of taking a new player(s) to the DA, getting them on a proper radio or text channel when we cannot be on the same country because of killshooter? Normally it is a difficult task, now its even more so.

I like using fields 17 and 18 in the DA.  Lift, climb to prescibed alt, head towards each other and duke it out.  Cant do that anymore with killshooter.  Also, If I want to change the combatants, they have to change countries?????  Too much BS, esp for a new player.

I found myself apologizing to the participants because of all the hoops we had to jump through to do something that was previously fairly simple.

Whoever made this change deserves a pink slip in their check and should change it back the way it was before leaving HiTech property.

You guys have castrated this arena and isnt good for anything anymore IMO.

CHANGE IT BACK PLEASE

-Helbent
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.