Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
7 Days
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 11:39:46 AM »
I voted for him.

Twice.

I guess I'm a chump.

Oh, well.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
7 Days
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 11:58:27 AM »
Originally posted by EN4CER
No matter how you size it up the Democrats are simply WEAK!

Weak on Illegal Immigration.

Weak on the War on Terror.

Weak on Homeland Security.

Weak on Social Security Reform.

And the list goes on. By the way you left out "Hurricane Katrina - It was all Bush's fault."
Elaborate please. How are they weak on everything? Are they suggesting letting anyone walk onto an airplane with out security checks? Have they shut down DHS? Have they borrowed every cent from SS and let old people starve? All this "Only Republicans know what they are doing" rant is getting old.

I just watched Michael Brown (you remember, FEMA, Katrina, New Orleans, ect.) on the Colbert Report. He made a pretty convincing argument that it was bungling (let's call it weak leadership) by this administration that was responsable for the whole mess after Katrina.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 12:01:01 PM by rpm »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
7 Days
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 12:04:22 PM »
More convincing than Louis Farrakhan?

(Ya know, what's scary is that I work with a guy who has bought into that tripe hook, line and sinker...and he votes.)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
7 Days
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 02:35:30 PM »
The only political party worse than the republicans at this point is the democrats...

One has no choice but to vote for republicans or a democrat might get in.

lazs

Offline EN4CER

• Nickel Member
7 Days
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 02:46:37 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
The only political party worse than the republicans at this point is the democrats...

lazs

My point exactly - Thank you Lazs.  :aok

Offline EN4CER

• Nickel Member
7 Days
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 02:48:22 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
I just watched Michael Brown (you remember, FEMA, Katrina, New Orleans, ect.) on the Colbert Report.

Isn't the Colbert Report on Comedy Central?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
7 Days
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 03:37:26 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

lazs

In this day and age, I see little difference in the two parties.
sand

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
7 Days
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 04:24:04 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
In this day and age, I see little difference in the two parties.

There is still a slight difference on the gun controll front Sandy.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
7 Days
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 04:52:56 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Have they borrowed every cent from SS and let old people starve?  

sorry (not really) to bust your balloon but i get SS and i'm not "starving".

also "borrowed" means you have to pay it back. and i do mean YOU.

every month my good ol uncle sammy deposits money in my bank. Y'all keep work'n hard now.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
7 Days
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 05:17:45 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
There is still a slight difference on the gun controll front Sandy.

The Republicans have controlled the White House and the Congress for how many years?

If they we're truly interested in changing the status quo, they would. As it is now, they seem quite content to leave things as they are and blame the Democrats.
sand

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
7 Days
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 05:22:21 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
The Republicans have controlled the White House and the Congress for how many years?

If they we're truly interested in changing the status quo, they would. As it is now, they seem quite content to leave things as they are and blame the Democrats.

Sure, true, but they have not put anything new on the books, and some notable dems keep pushing for a renewed and expanded assault rifle ban, etc.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
7 Days
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 05:36:51 PM »
I don't believe there is 1 elected official in the country , from your local Rep. to the president of the U.S that gives 2 cents for the American people as a whole. Only what can get them elected and what can keep them elected.

Up until about a year ago I paid attention to things in the news. When my Mom got really sick and started to fade , I didn't have time for it. And you know what? I learned that things in the news, the bad things that are reported and all the crap that is spilled out to us on a daily basis is NOTHING. My family. Thats what means the world to me.

IRAQ? I bought into it. I think we have done WAY WAY more good than bad there. I believe the world IS better for what has happened there. The troops have my undying support. As a VET I understand some of what they are facing. All be it on a smaller scale.

IRAN? NUKES? could care less. Who they gonna shoot at? ME? Doubt it. I'm sure TEXAS isn't on the BIG list of important places to hit. Is it a concern? Guesss it should be , but I really can't get all shook up over it.

Katrina?? ROFLMBO. Blame the POTUS and his admin. Right. Lets see , they had like 5 - 6 days warning on every national news station in the US warning em? And I am supposed to feel sorry for them? NO WAY. Oh I hjear the "Some people couldn't leave" bit. B.C.. It wasn't the FEDERAL governments fault that 1000's stayed there and then had to reap what they got. Its all about I screwed up and Im gonna blame someone else for my stupidity. The LOCAL and STATE governments are the REAL blame. Not the POTUS. But...stupid people can't [possibly take the blame for being that way now can they.

Immagration? WTH do I care about that either. Thier here illeagally and gonna stay here and get a free handout. Free pass. Free healthcare. No taxes. Does it affect me? Prolly. But the people I elected and put into power aren't going to do a DANG thing about it or for me. SO , screw em. When they lose the next election cause they let 12million aliens come here and vote they deserve what they get. I'll still go to work , eran a living for my family and play a lil golf here and there.

Now some may say..."RedTop , thats having your head in the sand" I say Nope.....Thats the politicians and leadership of this nation having the heads up there butts and not having the balls to do the right things by the very people they CLAIMED they wanted to help.

Screw the politicians and all the friggin stand for.

Screw the Media for never telling me and mine the truth.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
7 Days
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 06:11:30 PM »
i'm disconnecting my phone & cable and stopping the mail.

i don't wanna hear bad news either.

lets all boycott politics and the media.

that way they'll just screw each other and leave us alone.

yyyAAAA!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
7 Days
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 06:13:24 PM »
Originally posted by VOR
Nash, go fishing or something. Find something to enjoy and be happy about. :)

He IS fishing.
Cant you tell?

Im IN
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
7 Days
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 06:41:07 PM »
Hey Nash.....just out curosity but have you seen the congress aproval ratings lately?