Author Topic: The Weather  (Read 471 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
The Weather
« on: April 14, 2006, 05:27:23 PM »
It's either global warming or the end of the World...

We had all four seasons... in 2 days.

Yesterday it was 90, this morning it was 70, at 11:30 the wind blew in and it was colder'n a miner's bellybutton in the klondike. Now it is raining... I might as well move to a place with decent weather.

I haven't had to water the lawn for 2 months... This used to be the desert.

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
The Weather
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 05:36:20 PM »
I used to live in Tucson (teh desert).
One year we had a lot of rain in the winter & spring.
most years we didn't.
it was amazing how the plants went nuts that year, the most colorful spring i've seen anywhere ever.
from space i bet AZ looked like a giant hippie

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
The Weather
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 05:49:53 PM »
yea this i getting rediculous.  I want to go race my damn bike every single time it starts to dry up. Thte rain come back.  grrrrrr.  

Oh well time to pack up the snowbard and go to Snow summit :D
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
The Weather
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 06:07:04 PM »
strange weather here too...we had almost no snow to speak of...I don't remember every seeing any snow removal equipment on the roads...any snow that did fall lasted only a couple of days as opposed to several months and it was only a couple inches at most...we even had a thunder storm in January this year! (never seen that before)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Weather
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 06:31:49 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I haven't had to water the lawn for 2 months... This used to be the desert.

That's God telling all you hippies out there if you ain't gonna wash yer prettythang he'll take matters into his own hands.  :aok

Isn't this the start of the monsoon season out there?
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
The Weather
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 06:37:01 PM »
Here in Central European Russia we have delayed spring. Delay was about two weeks. Autumn and Winter were delayed at least two weeks too. Looks like we live on Julian calendar again. According to Julian it's April, 2nd now.

Imagine piles of snow 2m high melting in 2-3 days. Sidestreets in my block were turned into mountain streams, and I don't like such exotic adventures in my neghbourhood.

I don't think it's "global warming". This winter we finally had -35C here in MSK, last time I remember such weather was in the 80s.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
The Weather
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 07:14:56 PM »
Cold and rainy in So. Cal., delayed spring in Britain and Central Europe.

15 years ago we blamed everything on El Nino, now on Global Warming.

I wonder if weather might just be a chaotic system?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
The Weather
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 08:16:10 PM »
Its Bush's fault
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
The Weather
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 09:07:37 PM »
Bull****, Meatwad, it's clearly activist judges behind this!  :D
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
The Weather
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 09:09:49 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
Bull****, Meatwad, it's clearly activist judges behind this!  :D

F**king Chuck Norris!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
The Weather
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 09:19:52 PM »
:rofl

How can chuck norris control the weather? Surely he is not manly enough :p
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
The Weather
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 02:25:20 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin

I wonder if weather might just be a chaotic system?

If it is we can give scientists grants for a few billion dollars, give them 20 or 30 years, a few more extensions on the grants..............and they will come up with...........a theory.
Tis not a problem.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
The Weather
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 03:12:05 AM »
We have not had this much snow for so long since 94. Spring is setting in now and it all went away over a couple of weeks. This has been the kind of winter that i remember from when i was a kid.

The city of Bergen known here for all its rain is dry as a bone and its unbelivable, but they are telling the people there to save water!!

They are predicting that this will be the hottest summer in a long time and extreme heat in july/august.

So.. except for Bergen we are having the most "normal" winter ever. (with normal I mean that its the kind of winter that parents and grandparents remember and the kind of winter that foreigners thinks norway has all the time.) If the predicted hot and dry summer arrives then it gets "normal" to the point that its almost scary.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
The Weather
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 04:37:42 AM »
No proper winter in my place for some 16 years.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The Weather
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 06:26:59 AM »
Went from 30 degrees last week to 92 this week with no in between.  I lost my voice and my nose is draining bloody snot.:(