Author Topic: Is it just me or......  (Read 394 times)

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Is it just me or......
« on: April 15, 2006, 04:02:12 PM »
Do the Auto acks on fields seem more accurate when you fly over in a perk bird than when you fly over in a non perk ride???     I can fly all over a field in an F4U D and just take pings and fly away with a few holes in my wings and what not rarely do I get blown out of the air.

But the past 3 times I get an F4U-4 in the same situation and boom ack round right into the pilot, no other hits just boom blood and dead. Seems like the F4U-4 would be a harder target as I am zooming through much faster usually than the Dhog.  Maybe it's true, speed kills and I'm ramming the ack rounds :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Is it just me or......
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 04:04:14 PM »
no, you just care more when you get hit in a perk ride and remember it :)
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: Is it just me or......
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 05:06:58 PM »
Originally posted by Flayed1
Is it just me

Yes.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Is it just me or......
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 05:31:25 PM »
I remember  barely over shooting the runway in a 262, figured " no problem, I'll just turn it around here in the grass and roll back onto the runway" well turning around was no problem, but apparently there was a 2 foot tall curb on the runway, an the 262 couldnt get over it without blowing up. Never had any trouble like that in the free planes.
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Is it just me or......
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 09:05:06 PM »
The ACK squad is the best squad in AH and they take real pride in getting all those perks back.  HTC gives them a monthly bonus if they hit thier target and that target is .......YOU :D

Offline JimBeam

• Copper Member
ack
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 09:27:37 PM »
my favorite is when im on a pork run at 25k in my jugg and at about 17k in a steep dive doing well over 400 the dam town ack gets me not once but twice in a row both times almost identical. very frustraiting!
JimBeam 367th "Dynamite Gang"

"In my experience JimBeam never goes down easy" -wil3ur

Pilots...looking down on people since 1903

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
Is it just me or......
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 09:31:42 PM »
I dont even dare fly near cvs with a jet as every time get near a cv puff ack gets me.  Ive flown over my own base and a cv that is 6k off the coast will get me with its puff ack.  This is every time I fly near a cv in a jet, not once do I live in a jet near a cv.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
Is it just me or......
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 11:06:37 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
The ACK squad is the best squad in AH and they take real pride in getting all those perks back.  HTC gives them a monthly bonus if they hit thier target and that target is .......YOU :D

GTR is CO of that squad right?