Author Topic: Account Problem - HELP NEEDED URGENT LIKE NOW!  (Read 811 times)

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
Account Problem - HELP NEEDED URGENT LIKE NOW!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 09:01:01 PM »
I would say some stupid things too if I couldnt get my fix when i wanted it.
325th Checkertails

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 09:14:24 PM »
Excuse me theres absolutely nothing wrong with my attitude the attitude came from you guys, and thats without question.

As for calling HTC I can't cos im in the UK and the phone bill would be through the roof.

And I see we are still on the subject of "proper" games company, let me lay this and put this to rest: Any company worth their salt, would not have reliance on the human memory to remember usernames and password. People are human and make mistakes and forget as I have already openly admitted!

Therefore to my mind it would make a helluva lot of sense to just be able to enter the email u used to subscribe to have ur login info sent to it. Obviously this has its own set of problems, but I genuinely believe it would assist customers!

Now I am sick of replying to flame posts from people who dont know me saying my attitude sucks. This wasnt intended at all to be a dig at HTC.

If you would kindly now jump off the bandwagon I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 09:39:38 PM »
Obviously this has its own set of problems, but I genuinely believe it would assist customers

The only customers it would assist are the ones that would steal account info. You do realize that AH members swap email addresses, especially with all the different Aces High events that are  coordinated through email .

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 12:14:54 PM »
you clearly dont understand what im talking about.

I'm not particularly good at writing things down but here goes:

1) You register with your email say its my@house.com thats the one which u signed up ur acount with.

2) You forget your login details so you log on to the AH website and are asked the following to retrieve your account.

3) Enter your login name or email address which you signed up with for your password to be sent to that email address

4) So I forget my login name but I obviously know my email address which I have had since I signed up so I put in my@house.com

Bang the email is sent to my email which is the one i used when I signed up.

Your account info CANNOT be stolen this way. Cos the email is only sent to the mail with which u registered.

Does that make it clearer ?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 05:29:20 PM »
Just relax.  Start a new account, with a new name, and get your AH fix for the day.  Contact Skuzzy tommorrow, via the BBS or email, and have them switch everything over to your original name.  I am sure they will be happy to accomodate you on this, as their customer service is 2nd to none, and they understand the AH "addiction".

But possibly the ole' addage "you catch more flies with honey" needs to be considered by you.

It's not HTC fault you screwed up, and the nice people have only posted here pointing out your cruddy attitude.  We DO understand the "need" to fly thought, so take a breath, grab a new name for now, and have fun flying.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 06:07:39 PM »
Like ive said a billion times REALLY its getting boring now with the whole my attitude is cruddy or sux, at the end of the day I made a mistake and hey newsflash people make mistakes! no-one is perfect.

The attitude however of some of the ppl on these BBS leaves a lot to be desired especially when people feel the need to flame others for making suggestions or asking for help.

I think sometimes what I write on forums is just words on a page to someone, they dont actually understand the meaning behind it.

For the last and final time, I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HTC OR THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE MADE A SUGGESTION ON HOW IT COULD BE IMPROVED!

The reason I made the suggestion is because I was the person in this case who was unlucky or stupid enough in my case to have this type of problem.

Perhaps one day I will really have cause to show you a proper cruddy attitude and then it will be easier for you to distinguish between the two, and I know I can say that cos I know what I'm talking about I have to deal with customers who have terrible attitudes every day of the week.

Thanks for the help so far

Offline terricola

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 01:52:22 PM »
"Do an e-mail search for the message you got when you created your account in the first place. See if you still have that."

"I cant can I krusty, cos i have formatted both drives on my pc and forgot to back up !"

Maybe what krusty meant, is check your email. Scroll down to the oldest of your messages, go t page 20 if nessesary, and you might find it there.
Now as far as your suggestion, when you make a deal with any company(i mean pay money and stuff), they sure require your name, address, e-mail and all that, so I hope that once you can get in contact with them you will be fine.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Account Problem - HELP NEEDED URGENT LIKE NOW!
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 06:33:29 PM »
Originally posted by 5tu4rt
Hi I Just formatted my PC and

as he posted in his original post he formatted his drive and there by has erased ALL info on it, including ALL emails ever recieved on that computer.

Unfortunately there is no other recourse than to either wait till after the holiday weekend to get ahold of HTC, or to start a new subscription and adding another bill for $14.95 seeing as his free two weeks are used up.

I'm sure its all straitened out by now. I don't see why HTC couldn't set-up the help section to resend the login info as long as you provide the email address you signed up on. I would think this this would still be pretty secure as only "you" should have access to your email account. Of course then you may get a bunch of clowns requesting Morphs's" info a couple hundred times as a joke to fill his email box  :t

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 09:05:36 AM »
HTC have responded with my account info all is well, thanks for the help.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 12:30:47 PM »
Wow, that 5tu4rt guy really got flamed in this thread.

:D

Seriously, most people that responded to this thread were probably just bored, so I wouldn't take this guys to seriously 5tu4rt.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 12:56:22 PM »
Oh now come on Kermit, we just poked a little fun at him.  He overreacted and got it back.  No harm done, everyone's skin is intact and not even crispy that I can see.  I doubt any of us hurt his feelings lol.  Holiday weekends need a little spice now and then.  :)

Besides, learning to avoid our shots and return fire is what this is all about isnt it?  :D

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 12:01:23 PM »
something way positive about all this.i have decided to back up my settings and write down my password and user name.now i see what happens when da crack aint in da pipe and my supply has gone dry.

Offline terricola

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2006, 11:32:31 PM »
I didn't mean e-mails stored in the computer itself, but on the Web. For example, all my major internet purchaces I do using my Hotmail account, so every email I recive from the vendors is kept safely there. I do however erase info that can be used for fraud in case my account is hacked, and keep a backup at my computer..
Glad everything is solved by now.