Author Topic: Account Problem - HELP NEEDED URGENT LIKE NOW!  (Read 812 times)

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
Account Problem - HELP NEEDED URGENT LIKE NOW!
« on: April 15, 2006, 08:01:41 PM »
Hi I Just formatted my PC and forgot to take note of my account name and password .... stupid I know.

Anyway wondered if anyone at HTC who reads this could PLEASE help me out My handle was sToo and I was on bishops. I have already email you guys my email address which should help you locate my account info.

If I dont get to play tonight im going to die of withdrawal symptoms!

please please help!!

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 10:22:31 PM »
I think you can ask for password help on the login screen. You may be able to send in the mail and get an auto response. Not sure but hope it helps you.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 11:48:09 PM »
Hmmmm, since its a holiday weekend and more than likely he wont get a response until Monday, do we get to parcel out his equipment?  I think its only fair if he's going to die right away that he donate stuff to more needy pile-its.

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 11:58:13 PM »
The problem is I have forgotten my account Login AND password :(

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 05:45:08 AM »
Going to be a tuff one over Easter holidays.

I think your best bet is calling thr HTC office on Tuesday or sending a mail.

If you have too much withdrawal symptoms in the meanwhile, just create a new account for the weekend. Callsign "Bunny" or so ;).

And for the future: Back up your Settings folder regularly ;).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 07:55:50 AM »
I cant make a new account - tried it and it says my free time has elapsed.

As for backing up settings folder sure its a good idea BUT, any other "Proper" games company would have a password retrieval option activaited via email, i.e enter your email address that u signed up with for the system to resend your login info to that email address!!!!

See my post in wish list!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 11:10:38 AM »
Do an e-mail search for the message you got when you created your account in the first place. See if you still have that.

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 11:40:05 AM »
I cant can I krusty, cos i have formatted both drives on my pc and forgot to back up !

:(

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 12:36:40 PM »
Then after all the places where YOU failed to protect your information, why are you blaming HTC?  I know you are frustrated man but come on.  These people go out of their way to be helpful and accessible to their customers, I think they deserve to be able to take a holiday off without having to worry about OUR screwups.  Relax.  Frustrating or not, a weekend wont kill you.  The world will go on.

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 01:28:04 PM »
im not blaming anyone you idiot. that would become clear if you actually read what I wrote.

All I suggested was a more "Fool Proof" Password retrieval system, I wasnt trying to apportion blame to anyone.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 06:33:44 PM »
I see.  And you highlighted AND capitalized the word "Proper" when referring to HTC to imply ...... what?  Your post implies that HTC is not a "Proper" game company because they do not have this one feature.  

That may not be apportioning blame, but belittling them certainly makes it sound as if you are upset with them, which would lead anyone with half an ounce of common sense to think you blame THEM at least partially for your situation.  Because after all, if they were a "Proper" game company, and had this feature you are so gaga over, then they would have protected you from your own mistakes and allowed you to utilize their service for the weekend.  

Thank you for educating me, I certainly feel less the idiot now.  I'm glad you pointed out just how wrong and idiotic I was.

Best of luck on Tuesday then!  :)

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 07:04:09 PM »
Why did you feel the need to post anyway and start some kind of flame when all  I am asking for is some assistance with my problem, furthermore I suggest an enhancement to a mildly flawed system and get flamed again...

Oh yeah and another thing as I am a PAYING customer, I thinks it very important  that their systems should be foolproof and have more than 1 bloody way to retireve a password after all nobody in this world is perfect, not even you.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 07:44:34 PM »
Well, i second Simaril on that.

With your LogingID, you can ask for your password anytime to be resent. You can CALL HTC during office hours, and theyll dig through the HUGE amount of customers they got to find your callsign and come back to you with your loginID and PW.

All that for a NON-PAYING customer?!!???

Talk about SERVICE!

I understand your frustration. But what do you expect? They make up for every possible screw-up by a customer thats in the book? if you loose your ATT card... can you get a replacement (including PIN) on the Easter holiday weekend???????????

Create a new account (paying as you need to eventually anyway) or forget about the game.

If you are a PAYING customer, just make a new account giving your CC info and call them about the "issue" on Tuesday... im 100% sure theyll be flexible and customer-friendly about it.

But then maybe not, when they read that they are not a "proper" company anyway.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 07:49:31 PM by Schatzi »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 07:53:04 PM »
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 08:16:17 PM »
furthermore I suggest an enhancement to a mildly flawed system and get flamed again...

Your not getting flamed for suggestions, but for attitude .  Insinuating that HTC isnt a "PROPER GAMES COMPANY" because you lost your own information is just asinine.  Never blame yourself when you can pass it off to someone else RIGHT? . :D