Author Topic: The Weather  (Read 470 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The Weather
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 09:54:24 AM »
we pay a lot of taxes and don't have many rights here in kalifornia but it is worth it because the democrats have given us good weather.

lazs

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
The Weather
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 09:56:02 AM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
Went from 30 degrees last week to 92 this week with no in between.  I lost my voice and my nose is draining bloody snot.:(

Cloudseeding!!! :noid
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
The Weather
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 09:58:06 AM »
Probably running 15 degrees F. above average in MN this spring.  Days in the 70s, already one reached 82.  Fantastic for this time of year.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
The Weather
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 11:52:47 AM »
"it was colder'n a miner's bellybutton in the klondike."

Since you live in Califorina, does that mean it dropped below 60 degrees?

Here in damp grey Ohio, the sun is out today for the first time in a couple weeks.

J_A_B

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Re: The Weather
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 11:57:14 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
It's either global warming or the end of the World...

We had all four seasons... in 2 days.

Yesterday it was 90, this morning it was 70, at 11:30 the wind blew in and it was colder'n a miner's bellybutton in the klondike. Now it is raining... I might as well move to a place with decent weather.

I haven't had to water the lawn for 2 months... This used to be the desert.

Its Gods way of punushing you for living were men play with each others butts.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
The Weather
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2006, 11:43:16 PM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
"it was colder'n a miner's bellybutton in the klondike."

Since you live in Califorina, does that mean it dropped below 60 degrees?

Here in damp grey Ohio, the sun is out today for the first time in a couple weeks.

J_A_B

Its been raining here nonstop - with the exception of a day or 3 inbetween for 6 weeks. Last month we had 45 inches of rain.

Noah's arc has an Easy Pass transponder and passed by my place atleast 6 times, but replaced the animals with hookers. Don't even try.

Wolf

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
The Weather
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2006, 11:59:15 PM »
Had a fairly mild winter here with few brutally cold days.

What we did have. And are having Which isnt the norm for here
Is a normal spring where its gradually getting warmer over the course of a couple months.

Typically. what we have is COLD winter. About a weeks worth of spring like weather before we go straight into blistering hot
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Scatcat

• Copper Member
The Weather
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2006, 11:27:35 AM »
Actually, it is the wandering magnetic poles that is affecting the weather

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
The Weather
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2006, 04:47:50 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
I wonder if weather might just be a chaotic system?

According to evidence gathered by the nerds examining the North Pole ice cap drillings, per the science ch, the weather that the human race has enjoyed is an anomaly and is trending towards another "ice age"... which is more normal for the planet.

Good thing for us it takes some 10,000 years, give or take... or we seriously could be 1 massive volcano away from huge lasting changes. Volcanic gas rises and turns into tiny drops sulfuric acid that act like millions of tiny mirrors reflecting the suns goodness right back out into space... this too screws up the climate.

Warming the planet sounds great until you consider it melts the fresh water ice caps which; reduces the amount of white snow available to reflect light and since the fresh water is lighter than salt, it slows the oceans natural flow creating more drastic weather.