Author Topic: Eddie Van Halens new look? what TEH ****!!!!  (Read 1018 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Eddie Van Halens new look? what TEH ****!!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 07:06:22 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
Gto and who ever says van Halen sucks you could be farther from the truth at least imo.  I play the guitar so i have an admiration of those who were awesome on guitar.  Van Halen is up there way up there. Now somebody like green day who still make good music but OMFG my sister could have made those songs.  All they use is power chords.

ok my rant is over.

You green day thing proves my point, you can be a god on a guitar, but that don't mean much if the rest of the team has the talent of Britany but without the rack.

A Band is a team, they need each other, lose a player and add an even worse one and you may never recover. VH didn't.  It just limped along like for the sake of the IrocZ owners.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 08:42:06 PM »
"Now somebody like green day who still make good music but OMFG my sister could have made those songs. All they use is power chords."

and? hellubva lot of metal band use power chords and single notes...

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 12:02:53 AM »
Originally posted by ChickenHawk
VH never recovered once DLR left.

Some of their best music was after dlr, OU812 and *.u.c.k. are great albums.

Saw them with dlr and with hagar, the hagar show was better. If I want to see someone jumping around doing splits and karate kicks i'll go to the ballet or see west side story. The idiot couldn't even remember the words to the songs, I would have got rid of him too
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 12:41:52 AM »
EVH once referred to DLR as a "well read guy, who just couldn't connect the dots"...I laughed my bellybutton off after rading that one.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns