Author Topic: 38 Pilot Asks,how Do U Get Spit Off Tail?  (Read 1753 times)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
38 Pilot Asks,how Do U Get Spit Off Tail?
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2006, 05:24:25 PM »
This false modesty **** gets irritating after a while.

if it was false modesty, id agree.  but i honestly believe that i am average at best, sorry.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2006, 05:55:09 PM »
Flew a P-51 on the deck the other night and was close in dogfighting, the spits couldn't get away from me i was gaining angles all over the place and getting all kinds of lead shots, if i wasn't such a bad shot a lot more would have gone down. What gives i didn't think a p-51 could do that, it was quite the maneaverable machine with half fuel and light ammo load, i was surprised, iv'e started using other planes and seeing what i could do, it's been some great advice you guys gave me
S.A.P.P. member (armed and lubricated)

Providing bait for other SAPP pilots since 2005

Formerly Leadpig...Proud to be one of the PNG'd...
Skuzzyfied!

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2006, 05:59:55 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
If you are killing "most" Spit 16 pilots with an inferior plane, you aren't average.

no, that assumes that spit 16 pilots have the same skill distribution as the rest of the population. Most spit 16 pilots are well below the overall average, so one can be average and still beat most spit 16 pilots. I'm pretty sure that the average P38 pilot is better than the average 16 pilot.
just a little technicality :p

If I'd really been an *** I'd also add something about the median and the mean - but I won't :)

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2006, 06:02:53 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
if it was false modesty, id agree.  but i honestly believe that i am average at best, sorry.

I agree... especially with that "at best" part.:p
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2006, 06:33:17 PM »
Last Tour I killed 71 spit 16's and lost to 9.  All spits compined I lost to 14 and killed 102.  Spit's in general are not a problem to kill, at least for me.  So far the best spit pilot I have come across is Urchin.  Me and him have very close fights.  I win some, he wins some.  In fact he probably gave me the 5 out of those 9 deaths, maybe more.  Yes of course, I fly the hog but even if a spit is on my 6, they can be shaken and most quite easily.  Looking at kill list it shows me dieing to hurri IIC more then I kill them, partly because I try to turn fight them with a hog (stupid I know), lol.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 06:36:36 PM by AKDogg »
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/