Author Topic: A letter for critics of United 93  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
A letter for critics of United 93
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2006, 07:42:14 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
thrawn, Sometimes the thoughts we read into others stated thoughts tends to reflect our own innermoist, err  innermost thoughts <--- see what I mean :rolleyes:

Kinda creeps me out. :eek:
sand

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2006, 09:03:28 PM »
Originally posted by Stringer
And because of our excursion in Iraq, Iran has more freedom to get the nuclear equation, not less.

We squandered that projection of power.

Based upon right where we need to be, wouldn't be IN Iran, not next door?

what do you mean? how does iran have more freedom?
I think just the opposite..
If SH was still thumbing his nose to the un, they'd even carry less weight than they do today ... (if that is possible)
imagine how much firepower we can now get so close to Iran .. but I hope we do not have to
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2006, 09:05:49 PM »
Ealger,
Toad stated it better than I could in another thread.

OTOH, I think Iran correctly perceives that our military is worn down and stretched (once again I smile when I think of all the continual assurances we've had since the '60's that we could fight two major wars at one time.) and I think they believe (rightly so) that Bush wouldn't be able to get Congress to sign off on an invasion of Iran.

They are Toad's words, but I believe he hit the mark better than I could.

But that's what I meant by how we have squandered the projection of power.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2006, 10:07:39 PM »
Tell ya what...

Lets all see the movie then come back and express our feelings.

nuff said.

Momma always said "Life is like a Box of Chocolates..."

With that in mind, and I'm not mocking Forrest Gump either...he had a good mind.  Take a look at the Movie if you don't like it walk on out. Freedom Rings.

Just remember there are some that give their all to protect those that give nothing at all.

Mac

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2006, 10:19:47 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
This time.. after a second, more horrific pearl harbor than the first, two years longer than the first... we have accomplished exactly nothing significant. The executive squandered the opportunity to enlist a nation enraged to accomplish a clear necessary goal.. destroy ALL terrorist supporting states.

No Fleets. No Million Man Army. No Victory.

Sorry Hang, but you're wrong here.

9/11 wasn't enough to give the US carte blanche to clean house around the world.

First of all, there would have been the squabble over listing "terrorist supporting states". You wouldn't have to go far on this board to find some that consider the US itself to be one of those.

Second, there was really no evidence chain. As Sandman so often points out, there wasn't a single Iraqi on those planes. You could probably list another good handful of states that you'd call "terrorist supporting" that had no nationals on the planes. Then you and Sandy would be in opposition again. ;)

The reason why there was no Million Man Army is because they'd have been all dressed up with no where to go.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2006, 10:20:31 PM »
Originally posted by Stringer
Ealger,
Toad stated it better than I could in another thread.

They are Toad's words, but I believe he hit the mark better than I could.

But that's what I meant by how we have squandered the projection of power.

who is talking about an invasion?
I would not want to see one US boot print on Iranian soil ... no need
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline AlGorithm

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2006, 10:42:47 PM »
First of all, there would have been the squabble over listing "terrorist supporting states". You wouldn't have to go far on this board to find some that consider the US itself to be one of those.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/target/interviews/woodward.html
Because diplomacy and military action didn't work. We took the Marines out of Lebanon after the bombing. Diplomacy was not functioning. And Reagan wanted action. And Casey went off the books on his own, and worked it out with the Saudis to pay two million dollars to get...people to build this car bomb that killed eighty innocent people in Beirut [in 1985] and not Sheik Fadlallah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Posada_Carriles
Luis Posada Carriles (born February 15, 1928) is an anti-Castro and anti-Communist émigré who is alleged by his communist enemies to have been involved in numerous violent terrorist plots, including hotel bombings and the 1976 bombing of a Cubana Flight 455 in which seventy-three people were killed. He denies the allegations. He has also been accused of being involved in Operation Condor, namely in Orlando Letelier's murder in Washington, D.C., a few weeks before Cubana de Aviación's explosion by his political enemies. Posada has lived in Venezuela, where he became a naturalized citizen and served in its political police; and the United States, where he served in the U.S. Army and developed a relationship with the CIA.
In April 2005, Posada sought political asylum in the United States. Venezuela, an ally of Castro's Cuba, has formally requested Posada's extradition,[1] as has Cuba [2]. A Department of Homeland Security judge ruled that he cannot be deported because of threat of torture in Venezuela

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2006, 11:55:52 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Sorry Hang, but you're wrong here.

9/11 wasn't enough to give the US carte blanche to clean house around the world.

Second, there was really no evidence chain. As Sandman so often points out, there wasn't a single Iraqi on those planes. You could probably list another good handful of states that you'd call "terrorist supporting" that had no nationals on the planes. Then you and Sandy would be in opposition again. ;)

The reason why there was no Million Man Army is because they'd have been all dressed up with no where to go.

LOL.. on the face of it; you could say so.. but; guess what? Syria, Saudi Arabia, and yes, oh yes; Iran and the eastern 'ungoverned provinces' of Pakistan would be excllent places to 'reorganize' a million man force. There's also some attention needed above the 38th parallel in Korea.

....but since our oil man pres and his family is pal's with the saudi & kuwati oil princes... well; suffice to say we really fought the first war in the gulf fer Princes and Pipelines. The second was fer dad and the Princes... again.

So.. how long are we gonna just sit here and armchair general the lives of our kids for the princes and their oil?  

Obstensibly (in the latest history re-write) we went into Iraq because Saddam was a madman bad guy that needed to go down. I don't see the Princes as any less of a threat than saddam was.

So, no; I disagree. Plenty oif places to send a million man army, out in the field to install democracies and justice for the average camel humper.

*sigh*
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2006, 09:48:42 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
So, no; I disagree. Plenty oif places to send a million man army, out in the field to install democracies and justice for the average camel humper.

See the post above yours by the new shade, AlGorithm.

As I said, there'd be no support.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!