Author Topic: What Rooks do in their freetime...  (Read 2883 times)

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
What Rooks do in their freetime...
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 04:03:23 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface
i think only 1 american fought in the BoB, and i dont think he claimed a kill at all.
Ben Affleck? :D
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2006, 04:29:01 PM »
Originally posted by Bucky73
to the Eagle squadron

thanks, S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Spiffing

• Copper Member
Britain defended herself unabated in the Battle of Britain and therefore paved the way for the Americans to come in and bomb the crap out of Germany. No nice grassy Britain meant no bombs, we'd all be drinking Paulaner Beer and eating white sausages. (mmm not bad)

Think the Germans learned the lesson, not the Brits.

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2006, 04:33:09 PM »
lol.....burma

bwhahahahaha

nowhere near a comparison to vietnam putz!:rofl

and by the way...if u slag my country, i will slag yours and i know that not all americans are as stupid as the ones above  

Offline MINNOW

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2006, 05:02:02 PM »
LOL wasn't the Revolutionary war Britain's "Vietnam"???

Scoreboard :D

And thank God & The Queen for Canada.... What would winter be like around here without Hockey!!!

Go AVS!

And... As a famous thespian once said... "BLAME CANADA!"

Oh wait, that was South Park.. NevermINd

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2006, 05:13:41 PM »
Hmmm... me thinks OClub!
21 is only half the truth.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2006, 05:36:33 PM »
Originally posted by Hammy
that may well be the truth but.......................... ...

we didnt get beat by rice farmers and women and kids  in paddy fields with ancient firearms huh?

so lets just leave it alone :aok

Yall got beat by muskets, spears, stones, etc. in how many of your colonies?
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2006, 05:40:48 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface
yup true, but it wasnt anything to do with the americans that we survived against 3:1 odds, against a highly trained air armada. we managed to get through by the skins of our teeth, and if it wasnt for us, the US would have had nowhere to fight back when they did finally join the war. so, really, by protecting our island, we protected the whole world's interests really.

maybe it was luck, but it worked out alright for everyone didnt it? :)

I wonder where all those airplanes came from that yall defended yourself with?

These threads are tiresome. 60 years later and we continue to bicker over things that our past genrations died over.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline MINNOW

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 05:58:13 PM »
Sweet Avatar Blue!!

That looks simular to the hit Modano took yesterday from Clark!

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2006, 06:03:47 PM »
I'm the one that needs to get my facts straight? No.71, 121 and 133 squads were ENTIRELY AMERICAN. I'm not gonna sit by and let some ignorant brit brag about how they had the war at hand and Americans came in for mopp up duty. What a joke. It's a dishonor to every American hero that gave their life in that war "helping the brits". I have nothing but respect for the brave brit's who faught and died in WWII. Many of them I read about often and shake my head in disbelief of their bravery.  But to suggest that everything was under control is just utter nonsense.

One other thing.

American's vs Brit's    1-0

Bucky

Offline JB28

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2006, 06:07:06 PM »
)thought this post started out talking about our friends to the North.  (even though i don't really agree with bashing the Canadians)

hey, hockey..............trapping beavers...................... ..*ttiy bars!!!   Can't be all bad.

after all, they gave us Shaniya Twain :p  and Steve Nash! :D

<> 28

(Leave the Brits alone.  They help us-we help them.  enought said!:aok )

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2006, 06:21:42 PM »
Originally posted by Bucky73
I'm the one that needs to get my facts straight? No.71, 121 and 133 squads were ENTIRELY AMERICAN. I'm not gonna sit by and let some ignorant brit brag about how they had the war at hand and Americans came in for mopp up duty. What a joke. It's a dishonor to every American hero that gave their life in that war "helping the brits". I have nothing but respect for the brave brit's who faught and died in WWII. Many of them I read about often and shake my head in disbelief of their bravery.  But to suggest that everything was under control is just utter nonsense.

One other thing.

American's vs Brit's    1-0

Bucky

:lol :lol :lol

are you kidding me?

ALL the eagle squadrons were late 41 onwards, totally past the battle of britain. england fought hitler off on its OWN. hardly anyone disputes this, even most americans.

now, talking about insulting, i find it VERY offensive for a loudmouth to come along and claim that the british pilots didnt do what they did, and that it was america that saved them. my family has massive connections to britain's military, including the battle of britain. i can assure you that the americans had nothing to do with us kicking german arse from 1939-1942

like i said, you find it insulting that i think the brits held the germans off, like they did, then i find it rude beyond belief that you claim the work of the british pilots during the early years to be american, and to say that they were helpless without you.

idiot

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2006, 06:21:47 PM »
Originally posted by 38ruk
I thought you were writing this to show some idiot's views on the world , till i realized you were one of the idiots lol.

:rofl

Now then, to all the guys who got pissed off at me for posting it, just remember; we're just poking fun. I'm sure you Canadians sit up there and screw with us too (I too am a very short distance from the border) and I'm not one to complain about it. I usually laugh at it...sadly, because most of it's true. ;)

EDIT: To all you fighting about Britain vs America vs Hitler, I got no comment... :noid
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2006, 06:22:07 PM »
American's vs Brit's 1-0

hmmmm        al-queda - 2        USA - 0

silly boys

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2006, 06:24:26 PM »