Author Topic: 'Day Without Immigrants' under way  (Read 6424 times)

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
'Day Without Immigrants' under way
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 06:44:10 PM »
I mowed grass to buy my first car and I did landscaping as a summer job when I was going to college.  I refuse to believe that illegals are the only way this is going to get done.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2006, 06:44:43 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Hey... you wanna believe it's all the already LEGAL immigrants out there campaigning for "Guest Worker" status and easier ways to become legal immigrants go ahead.

And if you want to believe that landscaper workers are primarily the LEGAL immigrants, go ahead.

I think I'll take a more logical view of it all.

Plenty of legal immigrants with illegal immigrant family and friends.

Maybe just maybe, the landscape workers are illegal, but the owner did not say that. Admitting that he had latino employees that didn't show up for work is not the same as admitting that his workers are illegal immigrants.

A more logical view is that illegal immigrants will keep a low profile and not attract attention to themselves by attending marches. The logical thing to do would be to boycott along with everyone else, but stay at home.
sand

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2006, 06:47:59 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Here in my neck of San Antonio, the local wall-mart was absolutly dead.  About 10 people alltogether in the store.  The roads where very drivable this morning very little traffic.  My trash didn't get picked up till about 4:30PM and there was VERY low attendence at my daughters school.

Other than that I marched on.

So in otherwords what your saying is with their absense you noticed an improvement in everything cept what time the garbage was picked up.

All the more reason to round them up and ship em back
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2006, 06:55:05 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
i say wtg to the immigrants...if you don't want them , maybe some of the people should get off their fat arses and do some of the jobs the so called immigrants do...i say the lazy and shiftless are more of a burden..

I dont think anyone has a problem with immigrants.
If they want to come in legally and make a better life for themselves and their families I say. god bless em.

Its the ILLEGAL immigrant myself and others have a problem with.

I dont mind if you come into my house if I knowingly and willingly let you in.
But I'd get a bit upset if I opened my bedroom door and suddenly found  some stranger had decided to just let themselves in sitting in my livingroom.
I dont care if you want to clean my house for next to nothing. I DIDNT INVITE YOU IN.

I have even a bigger problem when people not only sneak into the country illegaly then have the nads to start demanding rights they havent earned by comming in legally and quite simply dont deserve
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2006, 07:01:24 PM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
I mowed grass to buy my first car and I did landscaping as a summer job when I was going to college.  I refuse to believe that illegals are the only way this is going to get done.

Its not the illegals are the only way to do this but that the illegals are willing to do it for far less (Read less then minimum wage)

this is like an employers dream come true.
You can get a group of people to do the lowliest of tasks and you dont have to pay them even minimum wage, you dont have to worry about paying into unimployment, disability,Workmans comp,Health care Or taxes on them

And you can work them like slaves
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2006, 07:02:37 PM »
Was reading an article on MSN and it was talking about how Vicente Fox hopes the U.S. will reform their immigration policy and i was like wtf?  You can't get your country together for a better life and so they don't have to come to the U.S. so you want big brother up north to do it for you.  You know what?  I say we grab control of Mexico so there are no more border disputes.  We can make prisons and delicious smog producing factories down there in the center, and on the coasts we can make resorts for thousands of miles.  Imagine the economic boom!  It would be like Alcatraz of the desert if you were sent down there.  I figure it can be divided into "Lower Texas" and "Lower California".  Hell, then they would even need to go anywhere, they'd already be American citizens!
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2006, 07:06:17 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
why not build a wall all around mexico?

then fill it with water.. :t ;)

Sounds Good to me !
:aok
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2006, 07:15:32 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
i say wtg to the immigrants...if you don't want them , maybe some of the people should get off their fat arses and do some of the jobs the so called immigrants do...i say the lazy and shiftless are more of a burden..

i mowed my grass today( as i always do) all i paid for was the gas and did not charge myself anything for the labor, they can't beat that price.

a one day walkout is not enough, they need to stay out a month or even better a year, that will show the stupid anglo who is boss.

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 07:31:19 PM »
People who want to lynch the employers as the main source of the problem just don't quite get it, imo.

If you want to throw people in jail, you should first look at our elected officials who allocate funds to send illegals to school, help pay for college, medical expenses, you name it. The government is guilty of knowingly harboring and assisting illegals. And they do not enforce our existing laws.

The employer is just as much a victim as the illegal immigrant. The employer is forced to either play the game or go out of business in a lot of cases. Our government is guilty of not enforcing our laws and allowing illegals to deflate our labor prices and take the jobs that Americans would be doing if not for the flood of illegals being given the green light by our government.

It should BOTH be a felony to hire an illegal AND a felony to be in this country illegally.

No state assistance or funds should be allocated which encourage or help illegals to come here or to stay here. The money we waste on state benifits to illegals should be diverted to spending on deporting them.

That being said, I wish the illegals would stay home more often......the traffic was flowing smoothly today.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 07:36:42 PM by Mr Big »

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2006, 07:43:46 PM »
Are you guys saying you didn't miss them?  The whole point of this was so that you would miss them and demand they come back.

P.S. Why do you become a citizen if you have a baby in this country?  I never got that, and it seems like it's exploited to the max by illegal aliens.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2006, 08:05:09 PM »
Originally posted by Mr Big
People who want to lynch the employers as the main source of the problem just don't quite get it, imo.

If you want to throw people in jail, you should first look at our elected officials who allocate funds to send illegals to school, help pay for college, medical expenses, you name it. The government is guilty of knowingly harboring and assisting illegals. And they do not enforce our existing laws.

The employer is just as much a victim as the illegal immigrant. The employer is forced to either play the game or go out of business in a lot of cases. Our government is guilty of not enforcing our laws and allowing illegals to deflate our labor prices and take the jobs that Americans would be doing if not for the flood of illegals being given the green light by our government.

It should BOTH be a felony to hire an illegal AND a felony to be in this country illegally.

No state assistance or funds should be allocated which encourage or help illegals to come here or to stay here. The money we waste on state benifits to illegals should be diverted to spending on deporting them.

That being said, I wish the illegals would stay home more often......the traffic was flowing smoothly today.

In other words, Nukes fake grass business would fold if he paid a fair wage to a legal citizen.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2006, 08:19:11 PM »
Originally posted by Mr Big

Bash the employer and the government, but the consumer is yet to be bashed in this thread. Main source of money for the businesses are their customers, who willingly pay the lower price, let alone the demands for a low price. That's what makes it profitable to use illegal workers, because they're cheaper and the lower service price attracts more customers. Same thing is going on with every product that is manufactured in countries with cheap labor - you can sell products for lower price than your opposition. Eventually your opposition will be forced out of business or to compete on even grounds with you and move their production to a country with cheap labor. For the highly paid labor this means lower wages and less jobs, which in turn creates more demand for cheaper products. Rinse & repeat.

It's a rolling snowball, which doesn't stop growing until it stops from rolling. The consumers are heavily responsible for this. You are a consumer. It is you who decides what kind of service or product you buy. That creates a demand, the businesses offers you a service as you demand it. There's no such thing as cheap service or product - the price cutting has to be done somewhere in order to provide you with the lower price. Sometime, somewhere, the lower price will hit you back - was the price cheap or low?
If you don't like how the price cutting is done, then don't use the company or product. You are the source of money for the illegals.

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2006, 08:30:41 PM »
I agree Fishu, it's a big snowball effect and consumers play a role. It's just that most consumers are very detatched from the nuts and bolts of it all.

I gaurantee that if employers would be treated as felons for hiring illegals AND illegals were treated as felons for being here illegally, the problem would literally go away overnight. It's not just one or the other, it is both.

We need to spend money enforcing ALL of our laws and deporting illegals as they are caught. The government is unwilling to adress the problem in a serious way. Every few decades we just seem to give all the illegals  amnesty (or suggest it as an answer)  and then wait for it to become an issue again.

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2006, 08:43:06 PM »
Originally posted by Mighty1
Can't say that I've noticed them being gone.

We noticed them gone at my work, the boss said that they can all go find new jobs tomorrow as far as he's concerned. He even made a list , he calls it the "need a new job cause your fired list"

By the way my boss is Latino, and has "no sympahty for anybody who enters a counrty illeagly".

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2006, 08:54:09 PM »
Now he has balls, I give him a WTG for standing up and having a backbone
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women