Author Topic: belly landings  (Read 790 times)

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
belly landings
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 04:38:28 PM »
"Anything above 130 mph wheels up is risky, 200+ is suicide...."

Depends on the plane. I land corsairs around 220 or so all the time, generally I just slow down enough to get a notch of flap out, if that... when I get home I will try and see just how fast I can actually land them on the cv, Maybe I'm catching the hook 1st and that is enough to slow me down before the wheels touch, if I remember correctly I have actually landed them around 300 or so...

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
belly landings
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 10:31:49 PM »
"Wheels up", as in, retracted.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
belly landings
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 08:23:36 PM »
heh trick with half a wing is never turn into the screwed up wing also in a twin engine lane never turn into that engine. Also, my way to belly land if i have to is to use the tail as a shock absorber.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
Re: belly landings
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 02:50:11 AM »
Originally posted by moneyguy
im not sure if its a bug or it was changed intentionally, but, why cant i belly land at more than 200 mph anymore? sometimes its helpful if you have only 1/2 a wing or are being chased by someone to be able to set it down on the belly. also slows you down much faster.

any plane would rip apart on a belly landing at more than 200+ mph and plus it wouldn't be very realistic you wouldn't need to land at more than 200 unless YOU were running from someone

:aok