Author Topic: New rudder pedals  (Read 1374 times)

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
New rudder pedals
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2006, 08:58:33 AM »
Gian, I'll definitely be giving them a try, I am rabid fan of CH's rudder pedals and I'm excited to see what Saitek's attempt at it will be.

I have a meeting with CH this morning, Saitek tomorrow but I"m sure I"ll skirt by the booth to see it firsthand.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
New rudder pedals
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2006, 09:24:06 AM »
:aok Eagerly waiting for your impressions!

Have fun there! (even though it's stressful :D)
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
New rudder pedals
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2006, 10:02:39 AM »
Originally posted by RTSigma
I'm excited to see what Saitek's attempt at it will be.

I have a meeting with CH this morning, Saitek tomorrow but I"m sure I"ll skirt by the booth to see it firsthand.

Beshure you take your camera/phone and get us pics of the internals and any possiable schematics ... (that is your mission if you  accept it):noid
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
New rudder pedals
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2006, 10:05:44 AM »
Shouldn't you send some squirrel for that?

oh, wait...........

then.................

Sigma, you're an evil mercenary squirrel! :eek:

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
New rudder pedals
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2006, 10:32:06 AM »
Dang it...!!!!

I was hoping we'd get a mid-range setup. Now we have two top-end setups (by that I mean two units that cost the same amount -- an arm and a leg!).

It will be good to hear the reviews Sigma brings after E3, but I am somewhat disappointed. I can't afford that. Hell I have several monthly bills that are EACH that much. And I don't even have a car! *sigh*

No pedals for Krusty :cry

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
New rudder pedals
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2006, 11:49:21 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Would have to be cheaper than the CH pedals if they want to make an impact....

Speaking of toe brakes, any body out there using racing pedals for AH? always wondered how that would work out...

I used racing pedals from 2001 until a year and a half ago when I got a CH rig.  Even though they werent flight pedals, they were a massive improvment over twisty stick rudders.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
New rudder pedals
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2006, 12:49:40 PM »
Good to know, Murdr, seeing the price Saitek has chosen, they will be a good choice waiting for a full CH rig. ;)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
New rudder pedals
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2006, 01:41:02 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
bellcrank is easiest to acheive a smooth responce , geared came next but needed dual pots .
Make funtional 1st ... then start building eyecandy (thats when i'll set up the mill and run off a few sets )  What I really need is a good Electonics geek to help me set up a stand alone usb curcuit board for them . as of right now im still interfacing them thru a saitec board.(there married to a moded joystick still)

You don't need an electronics geek :) PhidgetsUSA has everything you need. iirc, the interface board is $80ish. 300 & 3600 degree rotation sensors are around $25. It's really, really easy to add more controls to it. They make sliders, 2 axis joysticks, and a bunch of different sensors (light/motion/current/etc). I know of at least one guy using their servo controller to drive a servo with a cam on it that works the regulator to inflate & deflate their pressure suit while playing Falcon4. Appearently a bunch of people have also built autothrottles, and even full simpits with this stuff. I prefer their toys for robotics apps myself :) Made up for my very, very minimal knowledge of electrical engineering.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
New rudder pedals
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2006, 02:19:02 PM »
something along this line would be what my peds need

stand alone but reconizeable with most programs/os

im basically there now but without the resistors/diodes added .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
New rudder pedals
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2006, 03:08:14 PM »
Those work good too :) I prefer the interface boards myself because they're so open ended. I've always been tempted to slap together something to free up buttons on my Saitek. A little control box velcro'd to my throttle base would be perfect. I'd like to eliminate my keyboard completely if possible :aok