Author Topic: Widewing  (Read 794 times)

Offline Bingo73

• Copper Member
Widewing
« on: May 05, 2006, 10:17:09 AM »
TY for the training session in the F4U! Really helped me out a lot!

And to those of you who have not taken the trainers up on their offers to train..do it! Even a seasoned vet can learn a new trick or two!

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Widewing
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 11:52:03 AM »
Originally posted by Bingo73
TY for the training session in the F4U! Really helped me out a lot!

And to those of you who have not taken the trainers up on their offers to train..do it! Even a seasoned vet can learn a new trick or two!

You are a very quick learner. Within five minutes you were doing some terrific rudder reversals. I was very impressed to say the least. I'd say that most pilots tangling with your Hog are in for beating.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Widewing
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 12:09:13 PM »
Widewing what times are you on during the week/weekends?  I would like to hook up with you a few times in the coming weeks. :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Widewing
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 12:54:01 PM »
Originally posted by daddog
Widewing what times are you on during the week/weekends?  I would like to hook up with you a few times in the coming weeks. :)

Next week I'll be in Norfolk for the DOD Fuze conference between Tuesday and Thursday. I'll be back in the TA on Friday evening.

My usual hours are Tuesday thru Friday after 9 PM eastern. I am also in the TA during Saturday afternoons and evenings as time permits.

Just drop me a PM and we'll work out a time that is good for both of us.

By the way, nice to see you again.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Widewing
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 07:55:24 PM »
Thank you sir.

Never left, just don't fly as much sometimes.  Friday Squads Ops is often the only time I get on during the week.

Rgr. Tuesday - Friday (about 6 PM my time). Saturday afternoon would work also.

I will shoot you a PM next week and try to hook up with you.

Thanks again! :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Widewing
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 06:53:54 AM »
Don't do it widewing!

All of this is because Sour happens to run a H2H ladder and is one of us dogs.
Happened to give the 332nd Flying Mongrels our own ladder.
So the dogs started flying duels against each other.

Daddog is at the TOP with 4 duels won, but he's feeling the heat!

I figure anything he gets from this point on is strickly just deserts for beating up on his poor squad members.  

So don't do it Widwing PLEASE!

Daddog does NOT need help! These are NOT the droids your looking for
(jedi mind trick off)

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
Widewing
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 12:22:53 PM »
lmao ghosth.i used to ride mechanical bulls in the 80's and actually won a contest once,but i have never riden a hog.widewing,how big are these hogs you speak of and do you muzzle them to keep from biting?

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Widewing
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 10:17:22 PM »
hog=F4U just in case you weren't being sarcastic.:rolleyes:

But then again ask him to help you with his 109F jebus man you simply can't beat him in it. I tried with a 109 G-6 and almost got 2 firing solutions on him rest of time i couldn't get him off me. >.<:cry
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
Widewing
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 01:36:59 PM »
not sarcastic>>>evidently a lame attempt at humor.i guess i'll have to keep my stinkin day job.:cry

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Widewing
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 10:53:31 PM »
Originally posted by COBA94
not sarcastic>>>evidently a lame attempt at humor.i guess i'll have to keep my stinkin day job.:cry

Hiya gents,

I've just returned from Norfolk and several days with the some of the most anal people on earth. I expect to be up in the TA tomorrow (Friday) evening.

Cya there.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
Widewing
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 12:09:06 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
I've just returned from Norfolk and several days with the some of the most anal people on earth.

Hmmm....sounds like some of the guys on the forum talking about why the corsair or 109g10 doesn't have that extra 100 fpm rate of climb they read about in some obscure DoD archive...

You sure you ever left????

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Widewing
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 10:06:53 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
You are a very quick learner. Within five minutes you were doing some terrific rudder reversals. I was very impressed to say the least. I'd say that most pilots tangling with your Hog are in for beating.

My regards,

Widewing

I can attest to that!  I tangled with Bingo yesterday, and made him an ace+ in just one sortie (for him - 6 or so sorties for me...).
He was doing things with the F4U that totally surprised me, so you must 've learned him real good!
I give your student an A+!:aok

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Widewing
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 10:14:11 AM »
Originally posted by SKJohn
I can attest to that!  I tangled with Bingo yesterday, and made him an ace+ in just one sortie (for him - 6 or so sorties for me...).
He was doing things with the F4U that totally surprised me, so you must 've learned him real good!
I give your student an A+!:aok

Bingo was pretty darn good to begin with. Nonetheless, it is gratifying to know that we trainers can help make a difference.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing