Author Topic: give perk points to the vet/senior member killers  (Read 1064 times)

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
jaxxo got it!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 01:51:25 PM »
Thanks jaxxo, your the only one that got it. My little rant was based on a fight i witnessed not one i was directly involved in, however, i knew i would get the same old B.S. stand up for the game line from senior members that we always seem to get here. If it's flawed they exploit it, then ridicule anyone who try's to offer a solution. Wonder when A.H. is going to just put a rebel flag up as launch window, as the good ole boy attitude is alive and well here. (inbreeeeeddddderrrrss)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
give perk points to the vet/senior member killers
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 01:59:55 PM »
And as to the actual subject header....

Reasonable on the surface, but bad idea overall.

If all fights were 1v1, yeah, perk multiplier wouild be good, kinda like a handicap in golf or a "rating" number in chess.

But what about this:

I'm coming into a fight, thats layered between 5k and the deck. Below me I see a friendly (think it was even a squaddie) getting cornered by a P47, right on the water just off the enemy base. I jump in, calling out to my bud, but dont get there in time and see the friendly blow up. I belatedly close the gap, fire away, and as I pull up I find that I've killed YUCCA.

YUCCA is a far, far better pilot than I am. 1v1 there wouldnt even be a fight, it woudl be a schooling. I didnt deliberately cherry him, I was doing the team thing, but I was almost embarassed to have killed him. Did I earn any bonus perks for killing him? Did I outfly him? No way on either count.

Now add the problem perk planes have, of getting swarmed because they stand out. How would it be to be hunted while you're trying to get a good fight? To have 3 friendlies on the deck, and find the 1 attacker ALWAYS goes for you because you are the Vet?
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: jaxxo got it!
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 01:59:56 PM »
Originally posted by wrongwayric
Thanks jaxxo, your the only one that got it. My little rant was based on a fight i witnessed not one i was directly involved in, however, i knew i would get the same old B.S. stand up for the game line from senior members that we always seem to get here. If it's flawed they exploit it, then ridicule anyone who try's to offer a solution. Wonder when A.H. is going to just put a rebel flag up as launch window, as the good ole boy attitude is alive and well here. (inbreeeeeddddderrrrss)

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Actually thanking Jaxxo for making fun of him . Got to luv it.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 02:25:25 PM »
Simaril, most vets are not looking for a challenge.  They will fly the uber planes like n1ks, spitfires, hurris and tempests.  They like to combine good skills with good planes.  They don't like dying as much as any noob.  People that fly jugs, 109s, 190s, or planes that suck at turning and push them past their limit in furballs are the ones looking for challenges.  You don't even need to be good or a vet to do that.

Originally posted by Simaril
The guys who have moved past vet into, well, ace status have a harder time finding a challenge, to be honest. (This does NOT apply to me at all, BTW...I figure I'm just becoming a vet about now.)

Guys like Lev and Morph can handle 1v6 without stress, just some adrenaline, which is why they love the furball.

Since furballs are hard to find and harder to maintain, dont you think that pitting a c205 against a tempest would be an attractive challenge for them? Dont be surprised; they're not after perks because they can earn em faster than they spend em. They're usually not after "attaboys" because many have moved apst the need to prove anything.

Your mission just gave them (whoever they were) a chance to have soem fun and test themselves against a challenge
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 02:29:10 PM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
Simaril, most vets are not looking for a challenge.  They will fly the uber planes like n1ks, spitfires, hurris and tempests.  They like to combine good skills with good planes.  They don't like dying as much as any noob.  People that fly jugs, 109s, 190s, or planes that suck at turning and push them past their limit in furballs are the ones looking for challenges.  You don't even need to be good or a vet to do that.

you forgot Tiffi's :D
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 02:43:36 PM »
now dont you feel foolish getting owned in them there perk rides then whining on the bb about it.

[SIZE=10]NO SOUP FOR YOU!![/SIZE]
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 02:49:08 PM »
Kermit thinks he's good.  :aok

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 02:53:30 PM »
When I see a perk icon, the first thing that pops into my head is, "there's a timid weenie who must be killed as soon as possible."

It has nothing to do with anything, except my dislike of timid weenies in perk rides.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Re: give perk points to the vet/senior member killers
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2006, 02:58:45 PM »

I love Bob the Builder
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Re: jaxxo got it!
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 03:14:31 PM »

...snip...
If it's flawed they exploit it, then ridicule anyone who try's to offer a solution. Wonder when A.H. is going to just put a rebel flag up as launch window, as the good ole boy attitude is alive and well here. (inbreeeeeddddderrrrss)

OK, I'm a little confused...what flaw are you talking about? What exploit did you mean? Your opening rant was a bit hard to follow....All I saw was "the good players killed everybody and landed." Was there more to it that you didnt communicate well?

And judging by logical processes displayed, I'd wonder if the inbreeding (or the moonshine still) may have been on your side of the keyboard rather than on ours....
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 03:25:48 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
many have moved past the need to prove anything

:huh

hap

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 04:23:16 PM »
snicker

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: give perk points to the vet/senior member killers
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 06:29:21 PM »
I just came from a battle for a base, we were in panzers and assorted planes. Pretty good fight. We decided, ok one big push! Up what you want, 3 guys up perk planes, myself and another up tigers. Funny when we up the tigers suddenly the senior members who had been online before (or do you call them low rankers) and at other bases, all bail and come to do nothing but kill the perk rides. I.E. temp, f4u1c, 2 tigers. Then when we come back in standard non perk planes they have landed their much valued perk kills and fled. WOW such studs!!! Maybe it's time to say, hey, if you've played this long and are that good, maybe the guy that kills YOU should get 3 to 6 times the amount of a normal kill! No matter if your upping in regular mission or not! If your score is that great and all you want to hunt is perk rides, then you should be able to put your skill up. I donn't know but i think the perk/low ranker concept is obsolete, maybe we need to have a system were if you shoot down a lesser plane you get nothing, an equal plane 1, and a perk plane 5. Is that what it would take to get the perk only killers to back off and let the rest of us enjoy? Probably not. Guess we must police our own and make a list of people who do this and start hunting them down, maybe to the point were they cann't up without 20-30 people gang shooting them. DRIVE BY SHOOTING SLAYS ACE/SENIOR  member!!! what a headline

I've got about 100,000 perk points I can part with if you need a few.  Just whine..err I mean whistle.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 06:29:27 PM »
Well I hate to burst your delusional fantasy but...

You seem to think that killing perk rides is the way "vets" get perk points. It isnt. They get perk points by flying low ENY value a/c like Yaks, P-51B, MC205, 109G, Mossie, ect, and also from landing kills on a >regular basis<. Not from waiting for some "announcement" that somebody upped a F4U-1C from some base (big freaking deal).

Me262s usually get a special mention on country channel, thats it, and usually because they are so hard to catch, not because of what they are worth.

"suddenly the senior members who had been online before"

-I guess you have to blame somebody...

Sorry your battle didnt work out but you need to stop being paranoid about everything that doesnt go your way and dreaming up conspiracy theories to cover it.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 06:34:32 PM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog

Whines the boy that can only be found in a hord and in a Typhoon.  Kettle meet pot...pot meet kettle.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song