Author Topic: Let The Revolution Begin!  (Read 1475 times)

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
Let The Revolution Begin!
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 12:49:30 PM »

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 02:49:44 PM »
I predict that Kinky will crash and burn.  Any time an outsider tries to challenge a massive and powerul corrupt system, the system kills them.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2006, 03:24:49 PM »
I haven't even read Kinky's platform and to be honest, thought he looked like some kind of John Wayne type dude. That wasn't what mattered.

What's cool here, or at least cool to me, was that rpm decided to get involved. And his involvement no doubt had a tangible effect on Kinky's success. It's a money-where-your-mouth-is kind of thing... and kudos to rpm for that. Why? Because of sentiments like this:

"Any time an outsider tries to challenge a massive and powerul corrupt system, the system kills them." - Yeager

That's pretty fatalistic. Yet at the same time, realistic. Because of the fatalism.

The only way to turn that around is through efforts not unlike the one displayed here by one grocery clerk, in one county, in one state.

Bravo, dude.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2006, 03:52:14 PM »
term limits

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 04:11:32 PM »
I never woulda thunk that Kinky could threaten so many outa staters. ;)

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Re: Let The Revolution Begin!
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2006, 04:20:34 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
I'm proud to say I helped get those signatures.

So did I.
Originally posted by rpm

Things are going to change around here.:aok

I only wish I beleived you.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2006, 04:40:07 PM »
Why the hell not? :)

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2006, 04:51:42 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
I never woulda thunk that Kinky could threaten so many outa staters. ;)

Heh...I'm surprised none of 'em have started trotting out some of his non-PC music history yet ;)

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2006, 05:00:42 PM »
It will be interesting to see what he does if he wins
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2006, 05:21:46 PM »
Originally posted by Meatwad
It will be interesting to see what he does if he wins

Not likely though. He's pretty liberal in a largely conservative state. His numbers are quite low right now and I haven't heard him say much that is likely to change that. Never know what can happen though.

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2006, 09:10:08 PM »
i hear they have secret photos insinuating his daughter is a lesbian:noid :noid :noid :t :furious

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2006, 10:06:21 PM »
I have to ask......

What impartance IF any would an indie gov do?

I ask this based on the fact that the Grand Ole Party and the democrats still control the state senate.....

He can introduce laws all he wants but they don't have to vote on them...

He can submit all the budget plans he wants but they don't have to approve them....

He can veto all he wants to but that's not going to get anything done either right?????

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2006, 10:10:18 PM »
Maybeperhaps he'll get the red and blue girls into bed with each other to protect themselves from the evil indie governor. Extreme reactions prolly require extreme actions. ;)

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2006, 10:28:03 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
snip
He can veto all he wants to but that's not going to get anything done either right?????

Not necessarily, Gunslinger.

For instance, George Bush got to be governor of Texas running against a popular Democrat incumbent, and had to work with a Democrat-controlled legislature. Yet, he accomplished things from his platform like concealed weapons carry permits (it was illegal to carry pistols in Texas before his administration) and reforms in the penal system (after which we've had lower crime rates BTW) that the Democrats were on record as being against.

My point isn't whether or not what he did as governor here was good or not (I liked it, YMMV), but that the governor has a bully pulpit by virtue of his election. Used effectively, it can be productive of results he seeks.

culero

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2006, 11:01:04 PM »
Originally posted by culero
Heh...I'm surprised none of 'em have started trotting out some of his non-PC music history yet ;)

culero
"In the past, when I was a musician, I suppose I've been stoned a number of times. I've been involved with a whole lot of beautiful women, you know, and I had a great time, and I don't regret any of it. And you know, I've never killed anybody. I mean, hell, even Ted Kennedy can't say that. So, I've got nothing to hide really and I'm looking forward to this race very, very much."- Kinky Friedman

That's what scares the Republicans. There's nothing they could dig up that he won't whole heartedly admit to. Yet another reason I like Kinky.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.